Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1181 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1183, 1184 ... 1198  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 10:39 am

In elementary school, i was in one class with a boy who, I'm almost sure, was an aspie :)

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 4:41 am

I want to be able to pause the storm in my brain...or let me control its direction.

It is chaotic and endless. Only extreme sensory stimulation or addiction can make me get rid of it...for a while.

I can neither escape from the material world nor from my own mind.
I want a temporary death.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 5:19 am

Because I was so different from my fellow students, when I was 7 or 8 years old my teacher put me at at desk that was on the other side of the classroom, and as I recall even had a partition put up. So it was like I had my own little office.

Vasco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2022, 5:34 am

I love Yakuza Games franchise.
In the past month, I platinum'ed 4 Yakuza Games --- Platinum'ed is another way of saying 100%'ed.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 1:46 am

I have developed a wrinkle in the retina of my left eye. Oddly, it seems to have made my overall vision in that eye better, I just have a blurry band I sometimes have to angle around. It took me probably around a month to realize that I can see well with it without glasses (yet somehow also with the glasses, I don’t remember the prescription, but it was fairly significant). Now I have one eye that’s good for distance and one that’s good for close up. But my vision in both eyes is a bit impaired especially in darkness because of visual static, which there’s nothing to do about.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 4:19 am

I'm useless

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 5:43 am

I have such a memory - once - it was 10 years ago - I was reading an online article on Ray Bradbury, and wondering how much longer he was going to live - he was a very elderly man, after all. And barely two days later, I read that a day before, he died 8O Well, I prefer not to wonder how long Stephen King is going to live then, now - he is my favorite author :D

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 12:16 pm

I grew up around the places mentioned in Tom Petty's song Free Fallin'. Reseda, Ventura boulevard (used to ride a bicycle down it) and Mulholland.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 3:01 pm

When I'm waiting at the train station I always find myself doing impressions of the announcements announcer.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 10:47 pm

I'm back in the mental health system and it does have something to do with my gender dysphoria as always. I use German war characters as avatars during my toughest times. I've always felt as though it's been me against the stagnant world.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 6:14 pm

I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder in the Summer of 2015.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:31 pm

I remember back in 2012, when I thought I was too old to be on WP. I had those feelings due to the fact that I was into The British 60s and The Kinks. I haven't felt that way since I went through my change in 2016.

AedanKidd
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2022, 5:00 am

I hate all people because everyone thinks only of themselves, including me. People are selfish and it's just awful.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 3:12 pm

Yesterday, I sent a FB message to my psychologist I go to, that there's a FB contest in which she could win cosmetics for ladies her age (she is in her fifties) and that it's very easy to win them, for it was only three women who entered it (it's a contest only for females in their 50's) so my psychologist entered the contest too and she will probably win in it because there are only 4 contestants so far (and it's the last day of the contest) and as many as 10 sets of cosmetics to win :D I often share things I won with her when I see her - things like cosmetics or chocolate bars :D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 3:34 pm

I don't think I've had a poo today

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 4:51 am

Irulan wrote:
Yesterday, I sent a FB message to my psychologist I go to, that there's a FB contest in which she could win cosmetics for ladies her age (she is in her fifties) and that it's very easy to win them, for it was only three women who entered it (it's a contest only for females in their 50's) so my psychologist entered the contest too and she will probably win in it because there are only 4 contestants so far (and it's the last day of the contest) and as many as 10 sets of cosmetics to win :D I often share things I won with her when I see her - things like cosmetics or chocolate bars :D

And she won! :D :D :D My mom also won in this contest :D