Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1106 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1103, 1104, 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108, 1109 ... 1198  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 7:41 pm

I am not interested in Harry Potter, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, or Marvel movies (or DC, for that matter). I have nothing in particular against any of these series, except that the majority of people seem to think they are the best movies ever made and therefore must be shown (and talked about) all the time (or at least as much as is feasible). If you’d give me a year or two between viewings, I’d be happy to watch them again, but do I want to watch the whole series over again a week after I last saw the entire series, or the first movie in the series ten times in one month? No, I remember it quite well, thank you, and I’d rather spend my time doing/watching something different for a change (which is kind of ironic since I’m the one who’s on the autism spectrum :lol: ). And I actually enjoy Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2, but presently would like to wait a few months before seeing either again because they’ve been playing so freaking much on one of the channels we get, and they’re one of the sets of movies that my mom will almost always stop on if she comes across one of them.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 8:23 pm

^^ So am I in some sense -- this extends to all forms of media.

I don't particularly go with the references and never ever became a fan. But I still have my likes and dislikes.
At best, I'd be just interested to know any details and contexts, ups and downs, maybe toy some theories because of it.

But in the end of the day, it's just another entertainment to me with no real emotional investment in it.
It'll just quickly fade into just another memory that I may or may not recall.

And... Tinnitus? For some weird reason, I treated said condition like a companion in silence.
Probably because I've already set bars myself; the rest of my body's whining is more annoying and the rest of my head as more menacing.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 10:26 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

I don't particularly go with the references and never ever became a fan. But I still have my likes and dislikes.
At best, I'd be just interested to know any details and contexts, ups and downs, maybe toy some theories because of it.

But in the end of the day, it's just another entertainment to me with no real emotional investment in it.

And... Tinnitus? For some weird reason, I treated said condition like a companion in silence.
Probably because I've already set bars myself; the rest of my body's whining is more annoying and the rest of my head as more menacing.

When I was a kid, I thought my tinnitus was the sound of loneliness/being alone, because when other people were around there was usually enough noise that I really didn’t hear it.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 11:11 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

When I was a kid, I thought my tinnitus was the sound of loneliness/being alone, because when other people were around there was usually enough noise that I really didn’t hear it.

I don't notice mine until I was a teenager.
I never felt loneliness -- it's almost impossible from where I came from -- if anything, I sought solitude, away from everyone.

I myself am very sensitive to sensing human presences, it gets distracting.
People present or not, tinnitus is there.
Human presences in my case are just noisier and heavier -- as does any noise or music or anything that preoccupies me enough, then therefore making tinnitus less notable.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 9:49 pm

I am continuing my effort to lose weight even more and am hoping my school's gym
will reopen for the upcoming term which begins on June 22nd.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 10:10 pm

Through-out my life, I've popped more red pills than the whole alt-right.
And I might just take thirty more tonight. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 6:45 pm

My favorite pizza toppings are pineapple and black olives even though everybody I know says that's weird. I think it's delicious.

My Tumblr

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2020, 7:01 pm

AriaEclipse wrote:
My favorite pizza toppings are pineapple and black olives even though everybody I know says that's weird. I think it's delicious.

Both on the same pizza? Just curious - I'm in the pineapple on pizza fanclub but unfortunately I don't like black olives at all, even on their own. Still, more power to you, it's cool to have unique tastes (then you don't have to share haha)

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 10:38 am

greenmm37 wrote:
AriaEclipse wrote:

Both on the same pizza? Just curious - I'm in the pineapple on pizza fanclub but unfortunately I don't like black olives at all, even on their own. Still, more power to you, it's cool to have unique tastes (then you don't have to share haha)

Yes :)

My Tumblr

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 10:43 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I am not interested in Harry Potter, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, or Marvel movies (or DC, for that matter). I have nothing in particular against any of these series, except that the majority of people seem to think they are the best movies ever made and therefore must be shown (and talked about) all the time (or at least as much as is feasible). If you’d give me a year or two between viewings, I’d be happy to watch them again, but do I want to watch the whole series over again a week after I last saw the entire series, or the first movie in the series ten times in one month? No, I remember it quite well, thank you, and I’d rather spend my time doing/watching something different for a change (which is kind of ironic since I’m the one who’s on the autism spectrum :lol: ). And I actually enjoy Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2, but presently would like to wait a few months before seeing either again because they’ve been playing so freaking much on one of the channels we get, and they’re one of the sets of movies that my mom will almost always stop on if she comes across one of them.

I've only seen the first Jurassic Park, I have no interest in the others. Almost all of the other franchises I've managed to avoid contact with, except 6 Star Wars movies. You could throw James Bond in with the rest of them, but I've seen a few of them.

I'm with you in my dislike for these franchises, both as a matter of oversaturation like you describe and that it often seems like they try to substitute familiarity for interesting storytelling. You're already invested so anything the characters do is more interesting than a stranger, until good storytelling makes you invest in that new character.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 11:50 am

I've never seen or read Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, James Bond, Jurassic Park, Star Trek, or a Marvel movie. I'm not even sure what a Marvel movie is? I saw Star Wars in the cinema in 1977 because I had to tag along with my brother. I didn't understand it at all but I thought the little chubby robot was cute. I'm not into film and can seldom follow the story because of my poor facial recognition and ADHD. I end up analysing someone's hair clip or waiting for the conflict to end so I can shut it off.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 12:03 pm

I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings, the other series and movies mentioned i don't like either.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 12:10 pm

AprilR wrote:
I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings, the other series and movies mentioned i don't like either.

I've seen them but didn't see them in her list or count them because they're a standalone trilogy. Now, if there was a 'Middle Earth Stories' spin-off that seemed intended on keeping it going for ever that would add them to the list in my mind (even though I enjoyed them). I haven't seen the Hobbit because I don't believe it requires three movies to tell even if I enjoyed it more than the LotR books.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 12:13 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I've never seen or read Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, James Bond, Jurassic Park, Star Trek, or a Marvel movie. I'm not even sure what a Marvel movie is? I saw Star Wars in the cinema in 1977 because I had to tag along with my brother. I didn't understand it at all but I thought the little chubby robot was cute. I'm not into film and can seldom follow the story because of my poor facial recognition and ADHD. I end up analysing someone's hair clip or waiting for the conflict to end so I can shut it off.

A “Marvel movie” is a movie focusing on at least one character from Marvel comics, such as Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, or all the Avengers. I think they’re generally good enough the first time, but it’s another thing I’ve grown to be annoyed by due to overexposure.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 10:15 am

Sometimes when I'm bored, I imagine myself on a stage doing a stand up routine occurring in the future. This future me is talking about what current me is doing in past tense and walking up and down the stage. "So, I was lying there on my bed, you know, as you do when I decided-" and then I think about what I should do that'd make a more interesting story to tell.

I tend to start feeling lethargic when I haven't created something in a while, or haven't found a new interest to obsess over. Almost as if my brain is shutting off and going on autopilot.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 10:06 pm

I was granted employment by my first employer earlier today!

I will work part-time at a dollar store about three blocks away from my house in the freight department, so as a "behind-the-scenes" employee. Training will begin soon.

My NT sister already knows and has given her approval.

However, a problem I have been thinking about is how my mom may react if I tell her. Because my mom has anger issues, I am afraid that if I tell my mom, she will do anything she can to stop me from working.

Any ideas, anyone?