Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1143 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146 ... 1198  Next

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 7:07 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I have no particular talents.

Unless having a naturally strong immune system counts, evidently :lol:

Hey, we are in the same boat! Don't rock the boat, especially if we are in a canoe. I am really afraid of small boats like canoes. When I was little I was in a little inflatable raft and I disturbed an alligator and it scared the bajesus out of me, I couldn't get back to the shore quick enough.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:43 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Hey, we are in the same boat! Don't rock the boat, especially if we are in a canoe. I am really afraid of small boats like canoes. When I was little I was in a little inflatable raft and I disturbed an alligator and it scared the bajesus out of me, I couldn't get back to the shore quick enough.

Well, I detest getting wet, so I’m not a fan of watercraft, either, especially ones that are easily tippable. Let’s both head for dry land :)

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:45 pm

Sweet Pea hugs are my specialty. :P :mrgreen:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 10:06 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Well, I detest getting wet, so I’m not a fan of watercraft, either, especially ones that are easily tippable. Let’s both head for dry land :)

Land sounds good, but a glass bottom boat is really awesome if you've never been on one!

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 10:08 am

Just because I know how to read, write, listen and speak fluent enough in 2 languages...

That doesn't mean it's any better with commanding and comprehending in any language at all. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:53 pm

I am Polish, nevertheless I don't like The Witcher at all :lol:

CrabbyHermit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2021, 1:56 pm

I worry too much.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:58 pm

Apparently, I don't worry enough about things I "should" be worried about :wink:

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 4:57 pm

Thanks to everyone who wished my Dad a happy birthday.

I can whistle and hum at the same time.
(which sounds something like the special effects music from a cheep scifi movie).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 5:00 pm

I get tears in my eyes when drivers stop / move out of the way for an ambulance. It’s proof that we all care about the well-being of others and for that brief moment our priorities are all in check.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 5:10 pm

I only recently figured out how to complete slide puzzles...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 5:27 pm

I can throat sing. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 4:00 pm

I have very wishful thoughts. I hate suffering.

My mentality may consider "Semitic monotheisms" based on books like Quran or Bible as examples of "dark monotheism", "evil monotheism" ("malomonotheism") and it would prefer the situation in which any of these book is true and God never uses torture or annihilation as His punishment, it considers monotheistic radical universalism as "good monotheism" ("eumonotheism"). "Eumonotheism" has the value +1 for mentality, atheism has the value 0 for it and "malomonotheism" has the value -1 for it. So the "malomonotheism", not atheism, is the opposite of "eumonotheism" for that mentality. And mentality "thinks" that "malomonotheism" is morally worse than atheism.

I have ideas of grandiosity and messengership which tell me that I am the special tool of One and Only God which He will use to eradicate false beliefs from humanity, ESPECIALLY "malomonotheism" based on Quran or Bible or other Semitic scriptures.

I have also ideas of reference telling me that complex multiple "coincidences" (usually mathematical (associated with digits or numbers) or linguistic (associated with letters or words)) which I experienced for more than last 6,5 years are proof of such a "messengership".

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 4:28 pm

I recently was tempted to stop posting when my post count reached 3,333 because it looks like a bunch of butts lined up. That's a lot more posts for just one more butt.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 5:23 pm

^Glad you got over THAT hump :P

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 11:07 pm

I remember a time that I was obsessed with the number, 100. I wouldn't go to bed until I've made my 100th post of the day. That was 10 years ago and I feel embarrassed thinking about it.