Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1102 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1099, 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105 ... 1198  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 10:14 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
You are my new BFF!
I have been vegetarian since 1996 and vegan since 2017.

I was vegetarian for five years or so but then had to start eating meat again for health reasons. I still can’t make myself eat meat off a bone or anything that still looks like an animal or a distinguishable part of one.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 10:32 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
AriaEclipse wrote:
I'm nearly blind in my left eye and can barely see anything without my glasses on.

Me too, I can see fine out of it up to about 3', beyond that it's useless. Basically, it's my reading eye. :lol:

My reading vision is so poor that I can't see this 84 pt font at a normal distance from my laptop, even with the screen illuminated and zoomed in larger, without my super-bionic reading glasses. I'm incapacitated without reading glasses so I just wear them all day and look over the top for distance.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 10:36 pm

My 24" screen is approximately 3' away right now. With my right eye I can make out the 6pt clearly. With my left between 48 and 60 is about where the boundary falls.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 10:46 pm

At three feet distance which is farther than I normally keep my laptop, I can't read any of them. I get double vision and see two overlapping blobs for 84. I could possibly make out the shape to involve an 8 because of its roundness, but no way can I decipher the 4.

I'm going to try putting it across the room to use my distance vision .... I wonder if it will be better.

.... at about 6 metres away without glasses, the 72 looks like 72 or 77. The 84 looks like 64.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 11:00 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
At three feet distance which is farther than I normally keep my laptop, I can't read any of them. I get double vision and see two overlapping blobs for 84. I could possibly make out the shape to involve an 8 because of its roundness, but no way can I decipher the 4.

I'm going to try putting it across the room to use my distance vision .... I wonder if it will be better.

.... at about 6 metres away without glasses, the 72 looks like 72 or 77. The 84 looks like 64.

I'm under the impression that screens have ruined the eyes of everyone under 40, at least when it comes to distance vision. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 11:44 pm

I'm not under 40 .... and my distance is actually quite good except for reading from far away. I don't even need a distance prescription except for special lenses to correct occasional double vision when I drive.

My reading vision is likely shattered by doing so much reading ... and the double vision (primarily at a distance) started as a direct result of my stroke. But yes, I can see where a lot of people wreck their eyes with screen time. :wink:

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2020, 5:58 am

I don't wanna go back home! I want to stay with my sister and her husband.

I don't even mind the drug-addicted people everywhere in her apartment, acting strangely, and outside it, as much as I mind being isolated.

I don't mind the risk that my car will be broken into (which happened to her) as much as I mind having to deal with everything myself.

I don't mind the fact that she told me just down the street is a brothel and she sees extremely young girls standing about and known drug sellers and it is dangerous at night.

Being so far from known people is awful especially as the nearest 2 people I know are the old lawyer, who lives closer to me than XH, and I've already seen him 3 times, and XH. Can't breathe easily.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 12:16 am

I don’t use either of the two most common pronunciations of “pecan” (“pee-can” or “puh-cahn”), what I say is a combination of the two (“pee-cahn”). I also pronounce “caramel” as having three syllables, but not as “cair-ah-mel,” instead I say it as “cahr-ah-mul,” like the standard two-syllable pronunciation but with a distinct “ah” in the middle. And I actually do say “whoa” with an “h” at the end, in addition to the “h” after the “w,” but a soft “h” instead of a hard one. Because of this I was always perplexed when my mom would say that “whoa” didn’t have an “h” at the end, it’s not pronounced like “Noah,” because I didn’t realize this was about misspellings where people put the “h” at the end instead of after the “w,” and I spent much of my childhood misspelling it “whoah.”

I’m also prone to writing long, rambling posts that go on for far longer than they need to :P

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 11:55 am

I pronounce the 'h' in words like 'white' and 'when'.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 1:13 pm

I used to be deathly afraid of balloons.

Not only was I afraid of them popping, but I was also afraid of the sound of helium filling them since the hissing noise was sudden and loud.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 1:20 pm

wishes the world had more nice people in it especially in the neighbourhood i live in, and had a better dentist . Whom did not charge money like it grows on trees .

where ever you go ,there you are

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 2:39 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:

Everybody knows you can't have pie without Coolhwip. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 3:01 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
MamaFrankie5259 wrote:

Everybody knows you can't have pie without Coolhwip. :nerdy:

Loooolz.... coolwhhsip

where ever you go ,there you are

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 4:45 pm

I do not tolerate uncovered arms, bellies, chests, thighs (and of course also breasts, buttocks, vulvas) in women in public places because of threat of sin, especially mortal, and hell, but I do not want to be aggressive towards anyone.

I confessed my sins to a priest and received Holy Communion 07.05.2020 about 6 p.m.

I have something which looks like delusions of messengership, grandiosity and reference. I concluded that my "coinicidences" are very small compared to the miracles of Quran. And I do not want to make anyone a heretic despite it. I experience "Big Confusion". My mentality wants Quran to be not true...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 7:17 pm

nca14 wrote:
I do not tolerate uncovered arms, bellies, chests, thighs (and of course also breasts, buttocks, vulvas) in women in public places because of threat of sin, especially mortal, and hell, but I do not want to be aggressive towards anyone.

I confessed my sins to a priest and received Holy Communion 07.05.2020 about 6 p.m.

I have something which looks like delusions of messengership, grandiosity and reference. I concluded that my "coinicidences" are very small compared to the miracles of Quran. And I do not want to make anyone a heretic despite it. I experience "Big Confusion". My mentality wants Quran to be not true...

Neither the Quran nor the Bible are true, freeing yourself from superstition will likely improve your fixations and hangups regarding other people's bodies and bodily functions because the concept of ritual uncleanliness won't matter anymore.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 3:02 pm

Funeralxempire, that gave me a laugh.