Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1160 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161, 1162, 1163 ... 1198  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 10:22 pm

I am very determined to lose some weight and will meet a personal trainer tomorrow.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 10:29 pm

Emily S wrote:
I'm blind in my right eye.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I bet you've got a beautiful eye! do you wear a patch? lol just teasing.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 9:07 am

... I'm my own mother's daughter.

Her current online life and her day job reminds me so much of my old life online.

Empathy, communication, awareness... Heck even politics and networking.

If I were one of those who desires socialization, I would've been happier that I'm my mother's daughter.
And, sadder as an autistic because it may not reflect in real life.

But alas. I'm an asocial autistic.
Even if I'm my mother's daughter in that regard, it won't change my life choices much even if I have the means to choose otherwise.

And having such choice is one of my privileges.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Emily S
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jan 2022, 9:12 am

theprisoner wrote:
Emily S wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I bet you've got a beautiful eye! do you wear a patch? lol just teasing.

Lol that would be cool wouldn't it? ;) No it just sits there and does nothing now. I guess it got early retirement. The left one has to do everything now lol

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 6:42 pm

Emily S wrote:
theprisoner wrote:
Emily S wrote:

Lol that would be cool wouldn't it? ;) No it just sits there and does nothing now. I guess it got early retirement. The left one has to do everything now lol

When did that happen? :(

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 2:49 pm

I tend to have a speech impediment nowadays, due to having 10 teeth surgically removed. :cry: :cry:

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 7:19 am

Ouch^ :o My grandmother had all her teeth out. I tried to get a answer why , and I was just told, illness, smoking, they just all fell out.... Still kinda puzzling how that can happen :?

Wolverine is my favorite comic book character. I was heavy into uncanny xmen as a child, as well as other Marvel comics. With his mutant healing ability, (how awesome is that, he can get slashed to bits, but he just regenerates!) his retractable claws, his indestructibly skeleton, his attitude.

I particular liked the Wolvie, Cyclops, Jean Grey drama sub-plot. That's laser beam boy. And the fiery telekinetic redhead, she later went into space and died and was reborn as an alien. Dark Phoenix. (Might sound ridiculous to outsiders, I read all those stories...)

I had all the issues from giant size x-men, 1975, up until early 80's "days of future past." (Storm in her punk look. Wolverine had costume change too.) I had Like maybe 100+ comics. Chronologically. Nothing missing. I got them cheap as well. I read them all. (In reprint form of course. The originals would have cost a small fortune, even back then.)

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 7:26 am

When i was a child me and my childhood friend used to play with Barbie dolls and make them greek goddesses. The only Ken doll was Zeus and he was a pervert whom everyone hated

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 8:10 am

I think I had a crush on Dr. Quinn medicine woman as a child. (remember her?) I didn't even find the show interesting, in fact I found it boring. But I guess I must of liked her, found her strangely alluring, fascinating, cause I always watched it.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 8:24 am

^ Hmm i am not sure i am familiar with that show, but the actress is really pretty, i can imagine you liking her.
My first childhood crush was David Boreanaz from Buffy. Apparently everyone prefers Spike, the other rebellious vampire guy but i never liked him.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 1:48 pm

AprilR wrote:
My first childhood crush was David Boreanaz from Buffy.

Oh I can see why you would. I liked the show too, mainly for Buffy, Willow and Buffys sister. lol. And the remaining cast of course, and it was about vampires. That's entertaining to an adolescent mind.

'Interview with a Vampire' is another movie I liked it.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 1:54 pm

theprisoner wrote:
AprilR wrote:
My first childhood crush was David Boreanaz from Buffy.

Oh I can see why you would. I liked the show too, mainly for Buffy, Willow and Buffys sister. lol. And the remaining cast of course, and it was about vampires. That's entertaining to an adolescent mind.

'Interview with a Vampire' is another movie I liked it.

I love that movie and the Vampire Chronicles series, read some of the books too. Lestat and Louis was one of my first ships. I sort of disliked Louis' character though, what a whiny crybaby.

Vampire movies and shows were so much better in the past.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 2:21 pm

Never read the Anne Rice books. They seem to be very popular. Many memorable scenes from the movie. I like how it spanned centuries. It was always nightime. Kirsten Dunst, turned then burned, that magician dude (Antonio Banderias?), that scene with the naked woman, being sacrificed, ensuing crazy vampire fight, ? later Brad and K set house on fire, lestat getting his throat slashed and gushing blood.....Pitt , Cruise thing, seemed there was a bromance thing going on, underlying tone there....'lil Kirstin gettin greedy and jealous of the women she was 'sucking off' and could never grow into ....Lestat at the end, feeding off rats, then biting down on the modern day interviewer.....yeah, i like 90s' movies, basically. lol. :) But my memory maybe bit faulty on some of the finer plot points. Its been forever since I seen it. :scratch:

Yeah I like vampire stuff, going from Bela Lugosi to modern times. Moreso when I was a kid. I was a fan of Horror in general.

Last edited by theprisoner on 23 Jan 2022, 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 2:35 pm

It's def. a very aesthetically pleasing movie, and Tom Cruise as Lestat was amazing. I hated how Louis and Claudia betrayed him at the end, i think he genuinely loved both of them and saw them as his family.

Lestat is always honest and so non apologetic about who he is, no "i'm a monster blah blah" angsty drama over being a vampire. I hate these types of vampire stories so much. Anyway I will stop my fangirling now because i can talk forever about my fav characters.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 2:40 pm

Lestat Playing Piano, being poetic, justifiably pissed , with a surprise visit to his former 'pals.' Who left him for dead. Living dead.

Dumped him in the river and he survived off alligators.

^ Yeah stylistically, it's very atmospheric. Cinematography is on point. Produced the desirable effect. Highly rated, commercially, and I suppose critically.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 2:44 pm

That part was painful to watch, despite all that happened he still loves Louis :(

Yes, I liked the director Neil Jordan's other movies too.