Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1149 of 1154 [ 17305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1146, 1147, 1148, 1149, 1150, 1151, 1152 ... 1154  Next

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 3:17 pm

I would say that I have profound "obsession" about hidden miracles of Islamic holy book (which were known only in technocene).

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 3:49 pm

I live vicariously through my Sims and fictional characters that I create. Somehow it feels wrong to me to take someone else's characters and use them as my own even if only in my imagination. And it makes me uncomfortable to make other people in The Sims, the only people I ever make who actually exist are different versions of me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 3:57 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I live vicariously through my Sims and fictional characters that I create. Somehow it feels wrong to me to take someone else's characters and use them as my own even if only in my imagination. And it makes me uncomfortable to make other people in The Sims, the only people I ever make who actually exist are different versions of me.

One could fairly argue if the creator is making them available, they are both explicitly consenting to have their peeps get used, and that they're actually asking for it. If you make and release content for a game, isn't the goal to have people use and benefit from it?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 3:59 pm

AprilR wrote:
I like to live vicariously through fictional characters.

Same, mostly the ones for my clusterfuck of a story. For some reason I always end up physically and emotionally torturing them. :oops:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 4:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

One could fairly argue if the creator is making them available, they are both explicitly consenting to have their peeps get used, and that they're actually asking for it. If you make and release content for a game, isn't the goal to have people use and benefit from it?

I didn't mean to suggest that I actually do think it's wrong (as long as you're not making any money off of it, at least - if so, then you run into copyright issues). I just feel uncomfortable doing it myself because I always worry that I might not be understanding or representing the character one hundred percent accurately and I get hung up on worrying about that. Just easier for me personally to use my own :)

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 4:17 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

I didn't mean to suggest that I actually do think it's wrong (as long as you're not making any money off of it, at least - if so, then you run into copyright issues). I just feel uncomfortable doing it myself because I always worry that I might not be understanding or representing the character one hundred percent accurately and I get hung up on worrying about that. Just easier for me personally to use my own :)

I know you didn't mean anything with copyright. What I'm suggesting is that they're probably not as concerned about if you play their person as per canon. They want you to create alternative personalities for their characters, that's why they're choosing to make it possible. Basically, while your hang-up isn't invalid overall, the person who made the content would almost certainly it shouldn't apply with their content because they don't share the hang-up.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 4:43 pm

I think that in Northern America I would not receive diagnoses of Asperger's syndrome, pervasive developmental disorder or autism spectrum at all.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

20 Jan 2020, 6:24 pm

I am very perceptive of my surroundings in that I notice things that others do not.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 3:31 pm

Despite being Catholic, I am very "impressed" by numerical miracles associated with Islam, especially the Quran. They give me very much to think.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 12:52 pm

I have some very extreme views and strong opinions, some quite controversial.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 1:11 pm

I react too much to both criticism and compliments.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 1:36 pm

The last two pets I had that were just mine (instead of a family pet like our cat) were both lizards - a crested gecko and a leopard gecko.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 2:37 pm

nca14 wrote:
I would say that I have profound "obsession" about hidden miracles of Islamic holy book (which were known only in technocene).

I participated in a project with Japanese scientists about this when i was 19.

In my opinion the real miracle is how it relates to one's mindset n helps recalibrate according to the situation... (Esp if u know or read hadith to accompany it as both complement each other to give a complete context. ) feel similarly about the Bible and any other spiritual messages like Buddha.

For instance with my L and L clerk situation i was frustrated as I was trying to explain how she lied n it made me sound like i was making it up so he didn't believe me

Then i opened it n it opened to Surah Ya-Seen here is what I saw

(This is Muhammad Asads translation ..
he was a Jew who converted author of my fave non fiction book Road to Mecca, and my favourite translator.. Because he is v precise n gets words correctly, as well as being poetic minded ...
so he understands meanings properly eg he knows to say enshrouded rather than covered up to get the meaning more accurately translated)

'around their necks We have put shackles, reaching up to their chins, so that their heads are forced up;
and We have set a barrier before them and a barrier behind them, and We have enshrouded them in veils so that they cannot see:
thus, it is all one to them whether thou warnest them or dost not warn them: they will not believe.'

It was really good for me tp see that as Id been trying to make their manager understand n explain how they were lying as well previously explain to the L how his clerk was still lying..

So it gave me peace of mind to read 'whether u say it or not they won't believe' essentially if someone is so arrogant...

they dont look at things properly (ie necks held up with shackles i.e. cannot look around or below due to pride)...only see what they want to see..

So both those verses helped reset my mindset

-Rumi (he always wrote including his first name, Muhammad)

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-tu ... ry-of-rumi

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 2:42 pm

nca14 wrote:
Despite being Catholic, I am very "impressed" by numerical miracles associated with Islam, especially the Quran. They give me very much to think.

I just dont think those superficial 'miracles' are as important as the overall message... Which is in keeping with Christianity (except for Jesus not being called son of God only a messenger like Muhammad and countless messengers before)

I mean i think its easy to get lost in this and as a random person (who u are free to ignore)...

I would kindly advise you not to be too mired in this aspect
.....as it is rather superfluous compared to what one can actually learn for benefit of one's self ..

In fact, it can complement your understanding of the Bible... Which is more beneficial to you long term than the interesting small things..like numbers and events being predicted etc.

-Rumi (he always wrote including his first name, Muhammad)

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-tu ... ry-of-rumi

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 2:46 pm

I have the mentality which hates the idea of eternal damnation and considers divine justice which sends conscious beings to eternal toment to be unimaginable evil which should be fully despised and hated like rape and prostitution.

Despite writing the text above I do not want to be a heretic or distract people from one true faith.