Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1159 of 1167 [ 17494 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161, 1162 ... 1167  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 12:09 am

EzraS wrote:
I have never won a an Oscar. I have never even been nominated for one.

If I ever am in a position to nominate someone, I will nominate you.

Also, I accidentally shot myself with a rock from a water balloon launcher. It busted my face wide open and I'm lucky my eye didn't fall out.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 10:48 am

funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I have never won a an Oscar. I have never even been nominated for one.

If I ever am in a position to nominate someone, I will nominate you.

Also, I accidentally shot myself with a rock from a water balloon launcher. It busted my face wide open and I'm lucky my eye didn't fall out.

Did it leave scarring after your skin healed?

-Rumi (he always wrote including his first name, Muhammad)

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-tu ... ry-of-rumi

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 4:21 pm

I have very high standards and morals.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 5:46 pm

When I was about five, I sledded into a tree and got a concussion. I had to go to the ER and get a CAT scan, and I remember my mom waking me up a few times that night and having me walk a little bit. That's also how I learned that pine trees are the least hard, one of the ER staff told us that when we told them that was what I'd hit.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 5:50 pm

When I was ten I broke my arm and had a plaster cast. It used to be common for people to sign your cast and write "get well soon" messages on the plaster. I didn't have any friends so I wrote my own messages in different types of script and signed fake names, so I would appear more popular. I even kept the cast in a plastic bag for several years after it was removed, so I could show people.

:cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 5:54 pm

When I was 8, I broke my elbow. Maybe 2-3 people signed my plaster cast.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:21 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
When I was ten I broke my arm and had a plaster cast. It used to be common for people to sign your cast and write "get well soon" messages on the plaster. I didn't have any friends so I wrote my own messages in different types of script and signed fake names, so I would appear more popular. I even kept the cast in a plastic bag for several years after it was removed, so I could show people.

:cry:

That is so sweet.

I know on the one hand that is sad but honestly it’s super cute too! A child compensating for what was wanting; creative ingenuity.

I love the fake names part. Like, why not, while you are at it?

I super envied the kids who had casts and got them signed. Like it was with you, I always knew if I got it nobody would sign it except perhaps family and a couple of friends... depending ....I was unsure whether they actually cared about me or just felt sorry for me so they included me.

I knew I would want them to initiate it the selves and if they didn’t offer to ai wouldn’t ask them ... so it’s good I didn’t get one..would not have thought of your idea.

It is really sweet how kids can make the best of a really bad situation and push forward the ways they know how, like champs.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:22 pm

Somehow I have managed to never break a bone.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:29 pm

That would have been grade five for you I suppose? In grade five there was a girl called Laura who was very kind and a *good* girl genuinely... and she would show me little kindnesses and various small things. I knew she would be the one who would sign it.

She would sit at the table with me as we sat in squares, and I knew I stank because my mom washed our clothes infrequently and she also put them in the dryer too late so they smelled unpleasant that way too even when washed. My mom also rarely checked whAt I wore so I would usually be wearing the same clothes. She would get mad if I asked her to clean them or would be so overwhelmed daily that I wouldnt ask. We had very few clothes too so ...
But anyway. I was very self conscious and aware I stank. My mom was also against deodorant because despite being a doctor she was a hippie and only believed in the rock crystal type. She also got mad if I asked for more frequent baths bcuz she thought that was wasting money.

Anyway that Laura girl sat next to me when she saw nobody else was just so I wouldn’t feel bad...

and I will never forget that. She tried to speak to me n be friendly, or help with work, but I had selective mutism where I generally couldnt speak at school... so she gave up.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:33 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
I always knew if I got it nobody would sign it except perhaps family and a couple of friends... depending ....I was unsure whether they actually cared about me or just felt sorry for me so they included me.

I knew I would want them to initiate it the selves and if they didn’t offer to ai wouldn’t ask them ... so it’s good I didn’t get one..would not have thought of your idea.

My parents didn't even sign it. They didn't offer and I was too shy to ask, so I wrote names and told them it was my school friends. Then at school I told people it was my friends from other schools.

I was so lonely. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:34 pm

Now that's what I call "oblivious!"

Your parents should have just signed as a matter of course.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Now that's what I call "oblivious!"

Your parents should have just signed as a matter of course.

My mother was mad at me for breaking my arm. She called me careless and made my father take me to the doctor. I needed surgery for some reason and spent the night in hospital. They were late picking me up from the children's ward the next morning, and I honestly thought I'd been abandoned. Even the nurses were confused why my parents weren't arriving on schedule. Then when I went back to school (the very next day) it was November and I couldn't do up my coat with the cast on. My mother made me wear my brother's bright silver shiny jacket in the style of a race car driver (it was like neon tinfoil). It was so big that I could pull it over my shoulders and not do up the zipper. I cried all the way to school walking alone.

I look at kids today and I'm sure they'd be driven to school and pampered with all sorts of TLC.

Oh well.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:42 pm

Your parents seriously had no idea how important that is for kids! The cast thing.

but maybe tv shows and cartoons made it more obvious later on. My mom hadn’t any idea till she read works of Beverly Cleary and she saw tv shows like Arthur and full house, that it was so highly envied among kids...then she wd discuss that with me in surprise..

and i would then told her that i knew nobody would sign mine at school...

and She said if I ever got one she wd pay my brothers and cousins to :oops: :cry:

My mom was ....until recently...against underwear and I would be self conscious about that and try to keep my arms crossed all the time.

She finally let me use underwear maybe in grade eight...bcuz my dad got mad at her...

but for bras she only let me use her extra ones.... a grown woman’s... rill we went to Pak ...

and all my cousins were going with their mom for that stuff n urging me to come...

my mom had to take me too ..but she was having so much stress n embarrassment like a barely suppressed meltdown....and she was telling me in whispers that this was a shameful thing and she didnt want to buy it but my aunt was making her..

she was passing
Her vibes onto me so I was crying on the drive there....

she was so self conscious ...

she would tell me to keep my head down and just pick whatever seemed right as fast as possible and walk out with my head down and covering my bag with a shawl so nobody would read the name and realize it was underwear in the bag. She even made me along with her do an about turn to make it seem we came from another shop. As if anyone cared.

she had sooo many insecurities or strange ideas. Among other things, this leads me to believe she has autism.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:44 pm

I'm sorry that happened.

If it makes you feel any better, my mother told me I menstruated incorrectly.

TMI folks -- sorry.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:53 pm

No dont be sorry ...im just sorry for my mom for living much of her life thinking like this...

I dont know where she gets her impressions and ideas but they are often so far off the mark and make her own life difficult..

And what on earth?at what u shared.. how can someone say that ?? Bleh