Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1101 of 1108 [ 17727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1098, 1099, 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104 ... 1108  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 6:25 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm scared of someone's avatar, so I won't post after them. :(

Now I'm curious who's got the scary avatar. :mrgreen:

It's someone who changed their avatar about two or three weeks ago.

I've commented many times that I'm scared of "this", but most people would find it odd.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 12:13 am

I seem to have developed an obsession with the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

When you try to assume, it makes an a** out of u and me.

I have increasing memory issues, and a tendency to forget that I forget everything. Please don't take it personally if I forget something, it probably says absolutely nothing about how important the thing is/isn’t to me.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 12:14 am

I just forgot what year it is. I was thinking 2022.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 12:18 pm

My avatar certainly isn't scary, he's the most beautiful man in the world!

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 1:34 pm

The word 'law' gives me the creeps same as 'lawyer" 'attorney' 'court' 'legal/illegal' etc. Same as vampire stories but just one word does it instead of reading a whole book.

The funny thing is I have to rely on these to protect and help give my kids a more fair life ahead of them... :cry:

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 3:04 pm

My mentality has an impression that in the Quran The one and only God is described as the most sadistic psychopath which exists. It thinks that good deity would never create any hellfire or place of torment after death, especially eternal one.

It definietly thinks that the most convincing argiments of the Quran are "synchronicities", "coincidences" which are called mathematical miracles.
It can be wondered if Bible contains also such amount of "coincidences", numerical miracles (or even larger number of them), I found certain pages about them in Bible, especially associated with gematria.

I read and heard also about very interesting "coincidences" associated with Great Pyramid of Giza. And also about mind-blowing coincidences about Jim twins, Laura Buxton, Patricia Ann Campbell, Joseph Figlock, Walter Kellner, Edgar Allan Poe and Richard Parker, twins from Bermuda, son and father associated with Hoover Dam, Umberto I, etc.

And I also experienced multiple "coincidences" since more than five years...

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 1:38 am

You're mistaken. Every single thing about hellfire is followed up or preceded by a description or mention of paradise. It's a constant balance whereas you describe it as one extreme which is untrue. Similarly with the 99 Names of God, the majority are about forgiveness, kindness, etc.
To say otherwise is disingenuous.

Again, I doubt you read Sunnah/Ahadith to get any kind of impression like that. I already explained the reason for that. (They are not meant to be separated, e.g. method of prayer cannot be known unless looking at hadith, although Quran mentions it plenty of time. They also give the context and many other things that you cannot get from the one book.)
Coincidences and 'miracles' in patterns/numbers/ etc are not the point of these books.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 2:53 pm

As an autistic, I cannot afford the order.
I cannot return to order...

Imagine wanting 'order' so badly yet never having them. A part of me is but tense, closed...

No routines, no room to practice disciplines because there simply isn't any space for it.
Demanding certainty of no interference -- a life completely separate from home life -- and never granted that. This made me stuck on a stage of being overly secretive and distrusting about sharing the things I do from anyone connected to my family in general.

Why 'no space'?
My idea of 'space' requires strict and clear boundaries, knowing it's mine and mine alone for an indefinite amount of time -- something I can never ever had as long as I have to share a room with anyone, which is practically my whole life now.

I've yet to have privacy on long term and certain as opposed to short term and on-need-basis.

Growing up with people knowing they'd find my keys, rummage through my bag, cannot keep handwritten dairies and receipts because of that... Ugghh.
And it's not some baseless 'paranoia' when waking up several times catching my mom and my sister doing it -- and talking about it whenever they thought I'm asleep. Knowing how social they are and inevitably spread to several circles.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 5:07 pm

I am both asocial and asexual.

Whale_Tuune
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2020, 8:12 pm

I have chronic insomnia that has worsened during the pandemic. ;_;

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 8:53 pm

Whale_Tuune wrote:
I have chronic insomnia that has worsened during the pandemic. ;_;

Same. My days tend to be between 20 and 40 hours long, I sleep 8 hours and wake up refreshed. I don't know how I'm going to reconcile myself to normal person time in a few weeks.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 10:08 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
I am both asocial and asexual.

Me too!

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

I have increasing memory issues, and a tendency to forget that I forget everything. Please don't take it personally if I forget something, it probably says absolutely nothing about how important the thing is/isn’t to me.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2020, 3:02 pm

You are my new BFF!
I have been vegetarian since 1996 and vegan since 2017.

AriaEclipse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2020, 1:01 pm

I'm nearly blind in my left eye and can barely see anything without my glasses on.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 6:49 pm

AriaEclipse wrote:
I'm nearly blind in my left eye and can barely see anything without my glasses on.

Me too, I can see fine out of it up to about 3', beyond that it's useless. Basically, it's my reading eye. :lol:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 10:14 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
You are my new BFF!
I have been vegetarian since 1996 and vegan since 2017.

I was vegetarian for five years or so but then had to start eating meat again for health reasons. I still can’t make myself eat meat off a bone or anything that still looks like an animal or a distinguishable part of one.