How many times have you been rejected?

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ReeseLightnin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2009, 8:20 am

KenM wrote:
ReeseLightnin wrote:
Ken, you routinely call women "lying demons from hell." Is controlling them any less stupid and evil? Does calling them that make YOU feel like a real man?

I have ranted on WP here alot about my feelings. But I have NEVER raised a hand or tryed to control them against there will. Sure i get shot down alot, but then I leave them alone. I may get frustrated alot, but I never take it out on them.

So your answer is yes, you think calling women lying demons from hell is less stupid and evil than controlling them.

Y'know what, I guess I agree, but I was trying to make the point that you are also an ass about women and maybe the whole "does that make you feel like a real man?" thing doesn't work coming from you.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 10:00 am

I have never been rejected, because I never asked anyone. All the people I felt attracted to except for my boyfriend were unreachable anyway for one reason or another, and my bf asked me before I ever thought about romance.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 3:44 pm

ReeseLightnin wrote:
So your answer is yes, you think calling women lying demons from hell is less stupid and evil than controlling them.

Y'know what, I guess I agree, but I was trying to make the point that you are also an ass about women and maybe the whole "does that make you feel like a real man?" thing doesn't work coming from you.

And you NEVER ranted about ANYONE that you felt has done you wrong? So you are saying that ranting about people and accually going out forcing them to do something/ hurting them is the same thing, its not. A man knows where the limit is and respects it. I always have.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 4:06 pm

KenM wrote:
ReeseLightnin wrote:

And you NEVER ranted about ANYONE that you felt has done you wrong? So you are saying that ranting about people and accually going out forcing them to do something/ hurting them is the same thing, its not. A man knows where the limit is and respects it. I always have.

Ranting about a person's specific actions and making sweeping generalizations are two entirely different things, and no amount of personal experience will makes amount to each other. I think sometimes the line between is crossed, whether on purpose or by accident.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

C-57D
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Aug 2009, 4:21 pm

I've quit counting. Far too often, is the short answer.
I rejected someone once... and there are times I think I probably shouldn't have.
I broke off a relationship once... because I was scared. And I regret that, too.

But I am so tired of rejection. I can't even offer to buy a woman a cup of coffee these days without getting knocked back. And internet dating just sucks. Been there, done that.

ReeseLightnin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2009, 7:21 pm

KenM wrote:
ReeseLightnin wrote:

And you NEVER ranted about ANYONE that you felt has done you wrong?

Of course I have. The difference? I didn't include an entire gender or a race in a blanket statement. Why? To do so is IDIOCY.
KenM wrote:
A man knows where the limit is and respects it. I always have.

Yeah, you're very respectful of those lying demons from hell.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 7:45 pm

Alraune144 wrote:
Blasty wrote:
People like you are burdens on society. By using women, you make the whole male sex look bad, thereby making it harder for guys who actually want relationships.

I know you won't give a sh** and you'll just keep searching for holes to stick your filthy little dick into, but I'm entitled to say whatever I damn well please.

You're getting mad at wrong person, I never make it as secret what I am doing.....hence the drug addicts...I openly use them, its pretty obvious if I buy her bags of dope continuously, i'm getting what I want back, she turns frigid, I stop buying bags, withdrawl, then shes all nice again to get more bags....its not romantic manipulation....the trick is get her enough but don't overspend on her....they can't trick me I know the withdrawl to a science. :)

That's seriously, seriously screwed up. Get help.

Alraune144
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Aug 2009, 7:52 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Alraune144 wrote:
Blasty wrote:
People like you are burdens on society. By using women, you make the whole male sex look bad, thereby making it harder for guys who actually want relationships.

I know you won't give a sh** and you'll just keep searching for holes to stick your filthy little dick into, but I'm entitled to say whatever I damn well please.

You're getting mad at wrong person, I never make it as secret what I am doing.....hence the drug addicts...I openly use them, its pretty obvious if I buy her bags of dope continuously, i'm getting what I want back, she turns frigid, I stop buying bags, withdrawl, then shes all nice again to get more bags....its not romantic manipulation....the trick is get her enough but don't overspend on her....they can't trick me I know the withdrawl to a science. :)

That's seriously, seriously screwed up. Get help.

It gets the job done, I tried in past to make connections with people it ends with me being used up and hurt every time, so I now cut out the drama part.

I've been exiled, persecuted, left alone with no defense...

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2009, 12:14 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Could it also be that I'm not exactly "in shape", as it were? I have too much going on between the stuff I do at my church and with schoolwork to find time to work out... not that I would hit up a gym anyway, as most people there would look at me funny when I try to use the equipment...

Most people at a gym do not care what other people look like or even look at other people. They either want people to look at them because they think they're Charles Atlas, or they want to be ignored because they're not quite as fit as they would like to be.

Speaking of rejection, I was bluntly rejected by a woman who said that she preferred "tall muscular men . . . the extroverted kind." I was much larger than I am now. I got mad and started working out. Out of embarrassment, I would run at night, lift free weights in the house, and drastically change my eating habits. Although never becoming totally muscular, I did work myself into the best shape of my life two years ago (a serious injury put me out of commission for several months and it's taken over a year to work my way back into shape).

Yes, I do get rejected. I'll tell you what: I've been rejected more since this experience than before. But I've also had more success. Why? While I'm no Casanova, I have put myself out there more. I'm still looking, and still have to work on confidence.

There are many women out there who want tall, muscular, extroverted men. I try to profile these women and avoid them. Who knows what any woman wants.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 4:38 am

The positive side of getting rejected through online dating sites is that you don't have to go out and spend money to get rejected. You can get rejected without even leaving your home. :wink:

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 8:58 am

KenM wrote:
The positive side of getting rejected through online dating sites is that you don't have to go out and spend money to get rejected. You can get rejected without even leaving your home. :wink:

If a date truly goes bad, the woman almost always picks up her own tab, & sometimes even yours too!!

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2009, 5:10 pm

deadeyexx wrote:
KenM wrote:

If a date truly goes bad, the woman almost always picks up her own tab, & sometimes even yours too!!

You know it's a bad sign when she picks up her own tab. But to pick up yours . . .?

C-57D
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Aug 2009, 5:25 pm

Either it went really well or she just wants to get the heck out of Dodge, no quibbling about the bill!

Slipperman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2009, 7:33 pm

I've been rejected more times than I can count...I just can't bear to be rejected anymore. :cry:

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

tallah
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Aug 2009, 12:09 am

asked out two... but one was when i was like, 12/13 and it was on msn, so i don't really count that. the second was after liking her for two years and only telling her when she told me she was changing schools. she told me she'd go out with me if not for the school change. i believed it at the time, but it was probably just her being gentle.

been asked out twice formally... i tried to reject them both, but they were persistent, so i said yes - but dumped them within the next day :roll: i'm awful at commitment. since those two i've had three girls tell me they like me, but i lost interest in them before pursuing a proper relationship. once again, awful at commitment.

i feel confident that when the right girl comes i'll be able to ask her out and not get rejected.

rathernotsay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2009, 6:16 am

tallah wrote:
asked out two... but one was when i was like, 12/13 and it was on msn, so i don't really count that. the second was after liking her for two years and only telling her when she told me she was changing schools. she told me she'd go out with me if not for the school change. i believed it at the time, but it was probably just her being gentle.

been asked out twice formally... i tried to reject them both, but they were persistent, so i said yes - but dumped them within the next day :roll: i'm awful at commitment. since those two i've had three girls tell me they like me, but i lost interest in them before pursuing a proper relationship. once again, awful at commitment.

i feel confident that when the right girl comes i'll be able to ask her out and not get rejected.

How did it feel when the girls asked you out?