Man guilty of parents murder plot, on the spectrum..

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

hector451
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

29 Jul 2009, 2:08 pm

He is probably just too naive to know that it's not okay to kill people, like how Gary McKinnon is too naive to understand that breaking into other people's computers is wrong. It should be okay for aspies to break laws if the aspie in question is naive. His parents should be thankful to him for exposing how vulnerable they are.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 2:12 pm

Not that far away from me then. I saw this in the local paper.

I'm sorry but it should be perfectly legal to fantasise about killing someone. Fantasies on the Internet are only words and therefore can easily become evidence in any prosecution. It's when plans start being put into action that it should be illegal.

I have no sympathy for him - he attempted murder. Simple really.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 2:50 pm

8O .... wow. role playing? Thats the best defence they can come-up with. How about the little greenmen told me to or it was all the dogs idea ? You don't use a real knive or someone thats not aware of the game in a role play.

29 Jul 2009, 4:40 pm

I do not buy that they were just role playing. I think it was just a defense they were using. It reminds me of these teens on long island who robbed the lady from her car and the teens claimed they were acting out Grand Theft Auto. I saw that as an excuse they were using to get off. No one is that dumb and I get sick and tired of the assumptions doctors make on us about how we are likely to commit crimes because we do not understand feelings of people. I know killing is wrong, period. I don't need to understand how it might make the family feel and all, all I need to know is killing is wrong. You kill, you go to jail, it's that simple to understand. You kill, you are willing to give up your freedom and your life. If you aren't willing to give up your freedom and your life, don't kill.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 6:00 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I do not buy that they were just role playing. I think it was just a defense they were using. It reminds me of these teens on long island who robbed the lady from her car and the teens claimed they were acting out Grand Theft Auto. I saw that as an excuse they were using to get off. No one is that dumb and I get sick and tired of the assumptions doctors make on us about how we are likely to commit crimes because we do not understand feelings of people. I know killing is wrong, period. I don't need to understand how it might make the family feel and all, all I need to know is killing is wrong. You kill, you go to jail, it's that simple to understand. You kill, you are willing to give up your freedom and your life. If you aren't willing to give up your freedom and your life, don't kill.

The death penalty is more suitable in dealing with those who murder and rape and committ acts of terrorism.If a person murders another person, they should hang, and rightfully so.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 6:02 pm

I always seem to bump into the mental debate while cooking and whatnot of "well, if I jab out one of my eyes by mistake. I can just replace them with a spare.." only realizing a few seconds later that I really don't have a spare.. Same with fingers, hand, skin, feet..

I believe they are just idiots tho and there punishment should be the inability to have children... and be made to comb their hair properly for at least the next 10 years.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 8:58 pm

Didya hear about the guy in Norway ?

He killed his mum with a hammer.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2009, 7:26 am

collectoritis wrote:
Didya hear about the guy in Norway ?