Earmuff (noise blocking headphone) review on my blog

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Saja
Raven
Raven

31 Jul 2009, 8:18 am

I finally bought some earmuffs to block out noise, and I am amazed at how much nicer my day is wearing them. Wow. I had no idea.

I reviewed the brand and style I chose on my blog, for anyone who's considering what to buy for themselves.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 8:33 am

Interesting. I don't wear earmuffs, but if I ever need to, I'll keep this in mind.

Saja
Raven
Raven

31 Jul 2009, 8:50 am

I see you're also in NL - in that case, let me also say that you can totally avoid stores and buy them online at Conrad. :-)

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 9:11 am

Saja wrote:
I see you're also in NL - in that case, let me also say that you can totally avoid stores and buy them online at Conrad. :-)

Oh, that's great. I was already thinking that if I needed them, I'd need to figure out where they sold your brand in the Netherlands.

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2009, 9:19 am

I went and bought a noise cancelling headset for work, so when I am transcribing (at least digital, because my headset isn't compatible with my other transcriber at the moment) I can take down the countless little noises. It has been great! It takes the edge off, I can finally escape even at my desk. Even without the technology switched on my headset blocks out considerable amounts of noises (still can hear conversation, but it is far off in the distance). It doesn't take down the screeching fussy kids, but it does cool the more vicious parts of the screams - its actually tolerable. It does hiss but it is actually a fairly soothing hiss, and I can turn down the volume on my transcriber quite a bit. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: It would be nicer if they were a little lighter because they can make the top of my ear a little sore if they are sitting wrong, but hopefully I will get used to that. It would have been nice if I could have tried them on before purchase, but they have them all sealed tightly in blister packs.

What would be nice is the ability to pipe in maybe something soothing of a sound while I am proof reading to wash over the little spikes in conversation.

My coworkers haven't gotten used to it yet - they won't let me get the headphones off before they start talking to me, but that will come with time, I wager. Hopefully the loud patients take a hint too - my desk is right across from one of the main desks, so sometimes patients raise their voice as so to include me in the conversation (which is something people do, admittedly). Thing is, I don't WANT to hear them... :roll: :lol:

Wouldn't mind blinders so I can block out visual chaos in the periphery but that might be pushing it. :wink:

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 11:52 am

I've been using NR headphones for ten years now and they make a big difference in my days. Even though I live and work at home in a relatively quiet area, I still need them on a variety of occasions. I find them vital for airplane travel, and invaluable for when construction or other work is being done near my home.

I'm hoping the next generation of these headphones does a better job with the higher end of the frequency range.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 12:16 pm

I just started using them at my venue...Really just a set of normal headphones with the cord cut off. I use them in conjunction with ear plugs...I want to get a better pair though

Saja
Raven
Raven

31 Jul 2009, 1:16 pm

I really wish I'd bought them earlier. I resisted for so long, thinking it wouldn't make that much of a difference and they'd be a pain to wear, so I'd end up tossing them in a drawer. But they make a TON of difference and for the first time in eons, maybe ever, I don't feel defensive about noise. I cannot adequately describe my euphoria.