Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 1:04 am

Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
I'd take sex any day over guns and I think many people would agree.

Maybe to disarm the population, there should be a coitus/gun exchange program?

My original observation had nothing to do with what you might prefer, it had to do with the basic psychology of power.

I understand that very well. It's why so many religious figures and politicians are pedophiles: it's a power thing more than it is simply just a sexual thing. I'd just rather think about nicer things like good old fashioned sex.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 1:09 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
most weapons ARE phallic, spears, arrows, clubs, guns, rifles, cannons, even aircraft, then need to be elongated to work but YES i think we recognize the shape subconciously, and wielding our organ-extension to kill others, usually competing males, or shooting up into the sky to show off, absolutely. its very phallic and very male indeed.

Grenades.. what, are we throwing our balls around now?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 1:23 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
most weapons ARE phallic, spears, arrows, clubs, guns, rifles, cannons, even aircraft, then need to be elongated to work but YES i think we recognize the shape subconciously, and wielding our organ-extension to kill others, usually competing males, or shooting up into the sky to show off, absolutely. its very phallic and very male indeed.

Naah. That's not phallic, it's anal. Monkeys throw sh it.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 2:10 am

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

You know, I am certain that when grenades were being conceptualized, that monkeys throwing their crap was the inspiration.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 2:23 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

You know, I am certain that when grenades were being conceptualized, that monkeys throwing their crap was the inspiration.

People don't need monkeys to inspire them to throw crap. They have been doing it for centuries on their own. Lethal stuff is in the mode but I expect a return to explosive crap might become popular.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 2:37 am

Ascribing motives to people is a fun game, adding to the thrill of gossip, but it really says nothing about actuality.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 2:43 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Ascribing motives to people is a fun game, adding to the thrill of gossip, but it really says nothing about actuality.

Don't bet on it.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:09 am

I didn't really see anything worthy of note in the linked article, just some armchair psyche 101 mixed in with the usual rhetoric, plus some really illegitimate comparisons concerning the American attitude towards women vis a vis that of the Islamic world, I wouldn't even deign to deconstruct it.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 9:53 am

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Don't bet on it.

Okay fine, I admit, gossip mongering is the most accurate form of information development. How did I ever stray so far??? Your face. Khannnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! !!

monty
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2009, 8:41 am

skafather84 wrote:

Yes, many would - but too many would not. The average person sees tens of thousands of murders via TV and movies, but (until recently), sex was not shown. And explicit sex is still the quickest way to get a film a rating that will not allow it to be widely screened ... sadism and torture are perfectly fine, though.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2009, 7:24 pm

...sometimes a revolver is just a revolver - Freud...;)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 3:13 pm

pakled wrote:
...sometimes a revolver is just a revolver - Freud...;)

Unless it's this revolver...

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 10:01 pm

Speaking of which--here is the National Rifle Association's theme song:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTRO3cSFUcE[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTRO3cSFUcE

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 10:29 pm

monty wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

Yes, many would - but too many would not. The average person sees tens of thousands of murders via TV and movies, but (until recently), sex was not shown. And explicit sex is still the quickest way to get a film a rating that will not allow it to be widely screened ... sadism and torture are perfectly fine, though.

i'm familiar with this.

have you seen the documentary "this film is not yet rated"?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson