Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

dfgh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Aug 2009, 5:46 pm

Hey I was on youtube and came accross this Youtube asperger blog that I found interesting by a person with AS. She wants folks to sign this petition of hers Petition which looks good. I'd thought I'd post it her to try and get more people to sign. BTW does anyone know if she's on WP?? Sorry if someone already posted this.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 5:56 pm

Interesting, I havent seen it before but Its also a local UK thingie as it says:

You must be a British citizen or resident to sign the petition

so that exclude everyone of WP not in the UK....

Sslaxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Aug 2009, 5:30 am

Yeah, it's a government petition web site. Not sure how much cop it is though - petitions are either ignored totally or fobbed off with moronic, condescending non-answers.

Also, this may be linked with the Autism Bill.

SilverPikmin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2009, 3:19 pm

The petition is vague and useless. It's not enough to just tell the government to make schools more aware. They'll never listen to it. And I don't really want the pupils to know all about autism, because then they'll probably start using 'autistic' as an insult and bully people with it even more.

Lung_Drac

24 Aug 2009, 7:04 pm

Ah, yes, the Aspergers disorder posts on Youtube. I find that many hateful comments are posted, like these:

"people with a**burgers should smoke weed"
"they should go and kill themselves"

They meaning people with Aspergers, of course. First of all, if they want to insult us, they should spell the disorder right and use something else, since "a**burgers" is too stupid even for them. Secondly, we don't need to smoke since it's not going to anything but damage our health badly.

If that wasn't enough, I've seen someone on there named "antiautism". I've even got an insult after telling a "people with a**burgers should smoke weed" person that we don't need to smoke, and they said something like this:

"**** you and your a**burgers you should kill yourself.

And for what, I ask you? Just because I'm something I never thought I would be in the first place? I'm getting more morbid as I speak of this. What if the entire world starts to hate us just because we're different in a way we simply can't help?