Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 7:04 am

I'm happy with what people want as their avatar, often it represents them in some way regardless of species or gender.
:lol: I wonder what people make of mine...

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 9:25 am

activebutodd wrote:
I'm happy with what people want as their avatar, often it represents them in some way regardless of species or gender.
:lol: I wonder what people make of mine...

You get surprised easily?

mra1200
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2009, 12:44 pm

Greentea wrote:
Erm...with that face, you got nothing to be ashamed of, son.

*lusts*

because i have had such a hard time interpreting signals of interest, I have a VERY tough time with women. For the longest time I thought it was because I was ugly or something, and going years upon years without a girlfriend (or even sex) sure made me feel that way.

it's gotten better only in the past 2-3 years.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 1:04 pm

Women nowadays are quite direct, so I'm surprised...

Stone_Man
Toucan
Toucan

11 Aug 2009, 1:10 pm

I'm still new to this site, and initially I assumed that people's avatars were meant to represent them physically in some way.

Now that I understand that isn't necessarily the case, I'm not quite as mystified by the avatars.

mra1200
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2009, 1:20 pm

Greentea wrote:
Women nowadays are quite direct, so I'm surprised...

Now that I'm a 30-something and have gotten a bit more confidence in myself, it's been easier (maybe it's not surprising that I've dated a couple of older women in the past few years, including my current girlfriend who's just a few years older then I am).

I think girls in their 20's (when I was that age) wanted to play the games that I never learned the rules to.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 1:34 pm

LOL I'm glad to see I'm not the only older woman who fell for your charms... :lol:

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 5:16 pm

Greentea wrote:
BTW, what does my avatar inspire in you, bollard?

Ah well, and Egyptian motif tends to make me think of old-school wisdom, thus it inspires a lot of respect - particularly since the things that I have the most respect for tend to be knowledge and experience.

Weirdly enough, it inspires maleness (even though I know better - and it's a female Egyptian). I guess I've gotten used to the fact that Egyptian male and female faces in drawings are very similar. I just naturally assume that they're all male.

Ligea_Seroua
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 6:36 pm

< Best I can manage. :lol:
Besides, I have red/blond hair and my eyes are quite dark and close together..so it will do. And red pandas like all Pandas are quite rare. Possibly romantically challenged too? So almost as good as a photo. :lol:

Plus if I was feeling "chatty", I'd be put off by the sight of me looking back at me. Also, what do you go for? Flattering photo? Smiley one? Serious? How old can the photo be before it's ludicrous - in my case I MAY have got a bit better looking, now I have normal hair and lost the nose piercings and learnt restraint with eyeliner, but still.....(I don't mean pictures as a child, I like it when people have those, although it makes me wonder if people are looking back to happier times).

Too many possibilities for misinterpretation.

Sarafina7
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Aug 2009, 7:05 pm

I'm the opposite. By now I know that the avatars aren't a picture of the person, so I'm surprised when I found out that it is a photo of the poster
Mine is a wolf because that's my favorite animal. It's also my longest interest - started when I was a child and is still my interest now. The wolf has light-brownish fur - I have dirty blond hair.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 7:13 pm

In case anyone is wondering, my avatar is not a photograph of myself.

:)

dupertuis
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2009, 10:56 pm

Mine is.

dp

mra1200
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2009, 11:37 pm

Greentea wrote:
LOL I'm glad to see I'm not the only older woman who fell for your charms... :lol:

well, i've heard this said by friends over the years, that there have been a number of women who have fallen for my charms, but have been frustrated (or even driven crazy) by my lack of realizing what's happening right in front of me.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 1:27 am

bollard, thanks, I love how you express yourself... :)

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 1:32 am

Inspired by bollard, I've posted this new thread in the Random Discussion forum: Please visit HERE!

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 10:24 am

I once embarrassed myself by asking a member here if her Avvie was her, and it was really a (semi) famous singer ! !!

oops ! !

After that I never asked again...