Have any of you ever seen a ghost?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2006, 7:03 am

I like all things supernatural/metaphysical and recently invested in some ghost hunting equipment. I have stayed in two supposedly haunted hotels hoping to experience something, which i did but wont go on about it. (no one ever beleives me).
If you have anything to add or pics!! ! spooky picks would be good! I would love for you to post a reply :D

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2006, 8:01 am

Hi, I have always had a sensitivity to connecting with the other side and being interested in angels, guides, NDE, etc. Whether it is a cold spot in the home, a warm touch on the arm, a scent reminding me of a loved one, feeling good energy or cold energy from a home, to MANY orbs in digital photos..they are all natural and comfortable to me. The orbs are colored, green, purple, beautiful white with endless circles within ...When our daughter was much younger, she spoke of kicking pink bubbles at the foot of her bed to make them move. My other daughter just recently said a woman's voice whispered in her ear at bedtime.. I prefer to think of them as souls who have crossed into the tunnel of light and are able to travel to the places they loved and miss. I think of ghosts as those who have shunned the light because of fear of being judged by God. they say you should tell the ghost to go to the light, to not be afraid, their loved ones are waiting for them..they need to go to the light. My mom has had many experiences as well. We grew up in a 1907 home, and I live in an 1870 home. I consider it a blessing to be sensitive to this sense, I can feel the energy..I say this because we tune into the keener sense of this world, not materialistic, shallow aspects.We are much deeper in our thoughts, to be non-conformists and are more accepting of these things... I love watching shows about ghosts,but I will not see fictional movies with actors who portray them... I am fascinated by the real thing..This is a good topic, thanks for bringing it up.....Peace......

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2006, 8:11 am

HI, I see you are from England, which is one of the most haunted places ..the castles, the battles, the rich history..! I saw on the Travel Channel around Halloween the show which focused on Jack the Ripper and went to various pubs and castles. Who is the grey-haired fellow? He was remarkable! The blond was quite annoying though, she taunted the ghosts to show themselves, which is NEVER recommended to do. You must show respect to them...

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2006, 8:19 am

rushfanatic wrote:
Who is the grey-haired fellow?

Do you meen the show "most haunted" ? If that's what you meen the mans name is Derek Ackorah. Yes he is ver good. I watch that at every chance i get. The blonde woman usually cries!

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2006, 8:41 am

Hi, yes, that's the show....I read somewhere he was leaving the show, I wish she would leave, as she has no ghost-hunting expertise..sorry..have you tried ouji boards? I did, and kept a journal of communication..be very careful with that...I was able to reach who I was trying for, but they can also deceive you...Peace.....

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 9:18 am

I never really believed much in ghosts etc until 4 years ago when my husband and I were looking to buy a house. We looked at one house where I had a really creepy feeling - I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I felt like I was going to find a dead body in a closet or something, and there was no logical explanation why I felt that way. It was a perfectly normal house that people were still living in. In the basement there was a huge freezer and when I commented on the size, the real estate agent jokingly said "Yeah, there's probably a dead body in there." (I hadn't even mentioned anything about what I was thinking about the closets, so he didn't get the idea from me.) After we left the house I found out that both my husband and the real estate agent had the exact same creepy feeling as me. (We didn't actually see any ghosts or anything though.)

jman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 11:51 am

When I was 4 I used to sleep in my parents because I would have nightmares. Well I would lie there awake, and I would see this sparkly type substance slither along the ceiling. When I saw it, it really freaked me out but I had this feeling in me when it was present of being at peace. The thing actually approached a couple times. Sometimes their would be two of them. Does anybody have any idea what they could be?

Also do any of you believe in orbs? You know those weird spots you occasionally see in photos. They are said be the camerea's flash reflecting off a dust bunny or a dropplet of moisture. Do any of you beleive they could appiritions(sp?)?

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 12:11 pm

jman wrote:
When I was 4 I used to sleep in my parents because I would have nightmares. Well I would lie there awake, and I would see this sparkly type substance slither along the ceiling. When I saw it, it really freaked me out but I had this feeling in me when it was present of being at peace. The thing actually approached a couple times. Sometimes their would be two of them. Does anybody have any idea what they could be?

That sounds like a night terror, which is a sleeping disturbance and not a paranormal phenomenon. Have you had any other odd experiences while sleeping, like sleepwalking, seizures, tremors or feeling you were frozen, paralyzed or held down forcably but an unseen force? If so you could have a undx'd sleep disorder. It's also possible that you had a sleeping disturbance connected to you neuro make-up when you were younger and grew out of it. Children with neurological conditions tend to be very senstive to stimuli they experience in the day that disturbs their sleep, and this commonly manifests in frequent, very odd or intense nightmares, but also erratic sleep patterns, bed wetting and othe sleep problems. When I was 5-7 I used to wake up in the middle of the night and think there where aliens staring at me through my bedroom windows!

Quote:
Also do any of you believe in orbs? You know those weird spots you occasionally see in photos. They are said be the camerea's flash reflecting off a dust bunny or a dropplet of moisture. Do any of you beleive they could appiritions(sp?)?

I don't know what I think about orbs. As a norm I'm pretty sceptical of any alleged supernatural ro extraterrestrial phenomenon that cna be caught on any form of recroding equipment. All those things I suspect have a very mundane explanation, even if we lack the know of them.

Likewise I don't think "ghosts" per se are actually supernatural - just paranormal, in the sense that thet currently fall outside our highly subjective idea of what is normal. I prefer the idea that ghost represent residual energy of some form, but are not necessarily "spirituals". This could explain way geographical areas that has unique or unusual magnetic fields, like islands (and this includes England), tend to have a higher normal of alledged ghosts or other claims of paranormal phenomenon.

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2006, 12:26 pm

Quote:
I don't know what I think about orbs. As a norm I'm pretty sceptical of any alleged supernatural ro extraterrestrial phenomenon that cna be caught on any form of recroding equipment. All those things I suspect have a very mundane explanation, even if we lack the know of them.

Likewise I don't think "ghosts" per se are actually supernatural - just paranormal, in the sense that thet currently fall outside our highly subjective idea of what is normal. I prefer the idea that ghost represent residual energy of some form, but are not necessarily "spirituals". This could explain way geographical areas that has unique or unusual magnetic fields, like islands (and this includes England), tend to have a higher normal of alledged ghosts or other claims of paranormal phenomenon.

I am not expecting to find an actuall responsive ghost when I am looking, when i go i am looking for residual energy. I agree totaly with what you said exept for EVP which could record the residual energy that if our theory is correct had been recorded by the surroundings already also.

I don't mind what type of ghost/ energy/ atmosphere that anyone has experienced though, i still want to hear about it all !

keep them coming people!

Gerrit
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jan 2006, 1:04 pm

There is no such thing as a paranormal phenomenon.

If someone sees something he or she can't explain, the only explanation is to be found in the observers brain.

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2006, 1:32 pm

Gerrit wrote:
There is no such thing as a paranormal phenomenon.

If someone sees something he or she can't explain, the only explanation is to be found in the observers brain.

Gerrit i appreciate your oppinion (god knows i have just spent a good chunk of time listening to it in the chat room) but if you read my topic it is asking for people to post experiences that they feel are paranormal. It's not a discussion on is it isn't it. Unless someone asks a question obviously.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 2:46 pm

Quote:
That sounds like a night terror, which is a sleeping disturbance and not a paranormal phenomenon. Have you had any other odd experiences while sleeping, like sleepwalking, seizures, tremors or feeling you were frozen, paralyzed or held down forcably but an unseen force? If so you could have a undx'd sleep disorder. It's also possible that you had a sleeping disturbance connected to you neuro make-up when you were younger and grew out of it. Children with neurological conditions tend to be very senstive to stimuli they experience in the day that disturbs their sleep, and this commonly manifests in frequent, very odd or intense nightmares, but also erratic sleep patterns, bed wetting and othe sleep problems. When I was 5-7 I used to wake up in the middle of the night and think there where aliens staring at me through my bedroom windows!

These were not nightmares, I was fully awake and alert. These were real, and my mom saw them in her house when she was growing up. You obviousily misread what I said, I said I felt I was at peace but I couldn't move. I was not terrified at all.

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2006, 4:32 pm

Hi, There is an excellent site..www.ghoststudy.com that will educate and inform anyone who is interested in this field....I absolutely believe you saw what you did, and as long as you felt at peace, it was a positive experience for you...It is the not knowing ....green indicates emotional healing, pink is love, white is pure, etc. Look into auras sometime, and document all that happens to you. You may be surprised at how you are in tune with the next plane -level...

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 10:13 pm

I saw Most Haunted. Those people are fakes. And if there was a ghost they were kind of mean when they kept saying theyd go if it knocked something and they never went.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 10:22 pm

I've never seen a ghost, but at least three of my coworkers swear they've lived in a haunted house. Ghost stories give me goosebumps. :) Sometimes I like to watch shows on them, though.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2006, 1:01 am

OTTILY wrote:
I like all things supernatural/metaphysical and recently invested in some ghost hunting equipment. I have stayed in two supposedly haunted hotels hoping to experience something, which i did but wont go on about it. (no one ever beleives me).

The paranormal is one of my obsessions, and I definitely believe in ghosts. I'd like to hear about your experience. Maybe you can pm me?