Free Form (ex. writing down anything on your mind). 15%  15%  [ 16 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 108

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2006, 10:45 pm

I am a writer of fiction, mostly short stories, but I do not write nearly as much as I should be. I graduated from Bridgewater State College with a major in English and a writing concentration, but over the course of the last year, I've only been able to write one short story and have taken far too long in gathering the resources needed to research my novel.

It is my life's goal to get some of my work published.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2006, 3:41 pm

I enjoy writing short stories.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2006, 7:26 pm

I recently finished the first draft of "Reality's Crusade," the novel I've been writing for the past 2 or so years. Pretty happy about that...

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2006, 9:51 pm

I write everything on that list. Short stories are my favorite to write; it really is the best format. I like poetry as well, and novels are the basis of my work, and they can be fun as well. I've only done free form once. (It's in the Commons on NP)

The list of stuff I plan to write is in my N3\/\/8!3 thread. ('Greetings')

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2006, 2:40 pm

Essays, short stories, poetry, whatever free form comes to mind.

I'm also writing a book about my life's journey with AS up to the time of my formal Dx.

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York

Astreja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2006, 2:18 am

I wrote my first work at age seven... A story about a dog or cat or something wandering around, looking for someone who wanted to be its friend.

Also wrote a lot of short stories and poems and song lyrics, and created a few neighbourhood newspapers when I was a kid.

Since then I've completed but not quite published two novels. The first actually manifested in three different forms: Film script, space opera based on film script, and a completely Earth-based spy novel. I e-published the spy novel version on a computer bulletin board in 1988, and got a "bite" from a query letter but never got it into print.

The second novel was last year's NaNoWriMo entry, written entirely in the month of November 2005. Planning to edit it and shop it to a publisher someday.

I have another e-novel in progress on my website but haven't touched it in months.

And I'm responsible for some of the stranger Dragonlance fan fiction out on the Internet... Primarily top-ten lists and other humour.

The_Lake
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jun 2006, 3:29 pm

I Like writing poetry mostly though i have been working on the editing of a sci-fi novella i wrote. i can't believe how long it takes just to edit 2 or 3 8x11's and i've got 40 of them. anyone else know what i'm talking about.

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 4:53 pm

(Time to quote myself again)

Gatefreak(Me) wrote:
I haven't wrote most of it yet, but I'm getting to it all. So far Aruglor: Stones (Aruglor is a three story series set 2 million years after the first fall of the human race. They involve a line of people so they're all a bit different, and each is new for the characters. The other two are 'Swords' and 'Spirits'), various poems (See commons) and my pride at the moment: Casanox and Athula, a short story which is basicly Casanox verses another assassin much fun.

In the future, four novels: Xanthron: Beginnings, Legends, and Endgames and
Casanox Xanthron is a pain to explain, but basicly goes: Evil threathens universe, Valhin'di interfere by creating the Xanthron; a group of warriors from eight different speices, armed with indestructable weapons, and they kick arse. They eventually die, and the evil comes back about a billion years later, and a new group is formed. Then... Endgames occurs about another billion years later, but I find the plot so freaken awesome that I will only say one thing: Elder races.

Casanox is... Casanox. A 'conis who has been screwed over by the government, and is out for revenge. Did I mention he's a freaken' genius and a self taught assassin? This is the story I love to write.

After all that come a group of short stories I call the Essentials (they really are if you want to understand all of it) that mostly involve the people from Legends, but a few don't.

Ye gads... Did I mention my hate of BBC code? It's freaken' unnatural.
Anywho...
I also write poetry. Almost all of it is free verse. Some of it is actually rather good, and most of it goes with the Xanthron theme.

ZeroSpace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jun 2006, 12:59 pm

I definatly prefer novel writing the best. The only problem for me would be thickening up a story to make it last longer. I have tried once so far, but with how quickly I was getting through, it seemed more like a short story than a novel.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 6:57 am

yeah i write a little i don't know if what my sttle is so i chose other cause i write all kinds of stuff. most of it is unfinished though.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 6:48 am

I mostly write a lot of nonsense, frequently that makes a lot of sense.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 6:59 am

I have a bazillion ideas for plots lying around. The question I have is how do I go from ideas to writing them out to actually finding someone to publish any book(s)? How expensive of an endeavor is this usually?

I mean, while I am majoring in computer science as I've always wanted to do videogames, I also have secondary interests in book-writing and filmmaking, and these interested I've never fully explored quite yet.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 12:17 pm

MagicMike wrote:
I have a bazillion ideas for plots lying around. The question I have is how do I go from ideas to writing them out to actually finding someone to publish any book(s)? How expensive of an endeavor is this usually?

http://www.writersmarket.com/index_ns.asp

MagicMike wrote:
I mean, while I am majoring in computer science as I've always wanted to do videogames, I also have secondary interests in book-writing and filmmaking, and these interested I've never fully explored quite yet.

Sorry, can't help you here.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 1:18 pm

Update on my progress with getting my novels published. I'm still working on finding the right one. I have money that I need just don't have the self publisher.

sigholdaccountlost
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2006, 9:43 am

I do short stories, mostly fitting into one of three categories

1)Random stuff
2)Expressions of outrage
3)Transporting someone into another person.

Ryebot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Aug 2006, 2:53 pm

i get writer's block very frequently.