Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2009, 12:30 pm

I thought I'd start this topic, because I was thinking of Adrian Monk. He usually likes to wear the same thing every day. It's predictable, easy to manage. He keeps his clothes neat and ironed.

I was also thinking of myself. I may be female, but a lot of things I wear are androgynous or unisex, sometimes men's clothing like jeans or shoes. I grew up really tomboyish and hated to wear skirts or dresses. Mainly because the leotards or tights or whatever it is they call it (the stuff that gets runs in them easily) were itchy and never seemed to stay on right. And it was too breezy for my legs too. I've been this way forever really. And I also like to wear sneakers.

I found a pair of Wrangler Cargo jeans that I like. I was thinking to myself that I wouldn't mind wearing the same thing every day (more than one pair) with a T-shirt. I am unemployed, so I don't care to look fancy. However, in the workplace, I find it hard to dress up, because having to feminize myself is very foreign to me.

I like novelty T-shirts or plain-color T-shirts. I also used to wear Hot Topic clothing, because, for awhile when I was much skinnier, I did the Goth thing. Now I grew out of that, in more ways than one (I have a thyroid problem now that prevents me from losing weight, or that it's harder for me to lose weight). I wear baggy clothing, and have not really cared about my overall appearance. It's that I don't care what others think of me. I am me.

But what is everyone's ideal wardrobe? What do you like to wear?

studentM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2009, 12:48 pm

I confess, I have started branching out a little cause my haircut is super short, so I'm attempting to look a little more feminine.

But in the recent past, it's been jeans and t-shirts. Every winter I'd go to J. Crew and buy several of the same style t-shirt in different colors, and then in the summer, I'd go and do the same thing with long sleeves.

Clothes shopping is the bain of my existence. :(

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2009, 1:12 pm

I have a very short haircut too. I like not having to mess with it. Put as little shampoo on it as possible, and then get out of the shower. Let it air-dry. It looks frizzy sometimes, but it remains short. And if I decide to put something in my hair, I like to spike my hair.

studentM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2009, 1:26 pm

I've always wanted this thick, long, sexy, mermaid-like hair, but it's just not what I was given. Short has been nice though. I even had one woman come up to me in a department store - she complimented my cut and then literally began fondling my head! 8O

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 2:03 pm

I'm a tomboy, I like jeans and t shirts. Maybe some gothy stuff too, and I'm trying to scrub up more feminine as well sometimes because that's how other young women look. NTs.
I have thick long hair because I just have lots of hair and I don't want to change it drastically by cutting it. It's hard though, the water won't wet you hair properly when you wash it.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 2:16 pm

I like to wear Coolmax, Windpro fleece and other various polyester materials. No cotton. My ideal pants would be made from the military "BDU" pattern (don't need the drawstring cuff though) but convert into cargo-shorts. My ideal footwear rotates between traditional huaraches, neutral-heeled sport-sandals with deck (siped) soles, and neutral-heeled deck-shoes made of fleece or boiled wool. If I could find a biodegradeable fiber that dries as fast as coolmax, I'd probably choose it instead of the synthetics (wool is good, but a little uncomfortable as a base-layer). White and pastel hues are my first preference and black is my last. I choose function before fashion. I prefer to wear form-fitting clothes rather than baggy.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2009, 3:40 pm

Wool seems to me to be very itchy. One of the things I don't like is itchy clothing. Sometimes I used to wear sweaters without anything underneath, and the sweater made me itch. This is usually something my Mom made me wear when I was a kid. My husband doesn't wear jeans, because I do believe he hates the texture of denim.

Victor
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Aug 2009, 4:20 pm

I like anything that looks and feels like it has been to the end of the world and back on my person. So that it is all worn and soft. That and dark colors with many pockets.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 5:21 pm

Fantasy wardrobe:

Comfortable shapewear (corsety things)

Cotton bras in dark colors with no underwires, but actually give support

Lots of strange looking circle skirts that fall just below the knee with big pockets in them

Interesting hats

super-soft ratty t-shirts and peasant blouses

cotton leggings that aren't all torn up..in all different colors....

Crocs that magically don't lose all their tread and/or Birkenstocks and shiny red dansko Mary Janes

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 7:17 pm

well at the moment my wardrobe is pretty crappy and dull, just the way I want it. Being simotaniously unexceptional at a glance, and someone with a lot more substance (including personality) and talent than most of the "players" (my term for people who play the Social game of "try to mask my mediocrity behind friendly lies") out there.

When I go to college, I'm going to upgrade to a tonne of Puma hoodies, nicer jeans, interesting hats (OJ :P) and generally interesting stuff. I'll still play loner, but I'll try to use my talents more openly, as talent is a good excuse to be socially inept :)

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 12:20 am

What is your ideal wardrobe?

Birthday Suit :shrug:

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 3:36 am

I wouldn't mind Doctor Who's wardrobe (the 9th Doctor, specifically). I love that U-Boat jumper. The 11th Doctor has a nice wardrobe, too, though. http://wp.modernfilmzine.com/wp-content ... ithwho.jpg

iniudan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Aug 2009, 7:41 am

Until I get a job that pay enough for me to see a tailor my ideal cloth will be wide leg pant, t-shirt and a short sleeve shirt.

But with a tailor it would be something a bit of Victorian style.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 8:24 am

A jetpack in addition to my normal clothes :thumleft:

Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 8:37 am

studentM wrote:
I've always wanted this thick, long, sexy, mermaid-like hair, but it's just not what I was given. Short has been nice though. I even had one woman come up to me in a department store - she complimented my cut and then literally began fondling my head! 8O

Same here!
I'm trying to let it grow long now, but my hair's already falling out and definitely not looking like thick mermaid hair:\
Apart from that, long hair drives me crazy >_< Especially when trying to sleep.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up cutting it soon.

I like baggy jeans and soft t-shirts for comfort.
Hoodies or big soft woolen sweaters during Winter.

aesthetically I love 50s style blouses, skirts and dresses.

Oh and silk blouses, the really sheer, delicate ones. ~sigh~ But they're sooo expensive.

And lace up knee boots + black thigh socks.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 11:47 am

My wardrobe is very varied. My ideal wardrobe is one that will fit all my clothes, shoes and bags in it!!