Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 4:37 pm

~sigh~

http://www.10news.com/news/20401387/detail.html

Plastic Rifles To Be Used For American Revolution-Related Lesson

POSTED: 12:31 pm PDT August 14, 2009
UPDATED: 1:30 pm PDT August 14, 2009

SAN DIEGO -- Reports of a man seen walking through a high school campus with two rifles in his hands prompted a lockdown Friday afternoon. San Diego police searched the area near Clairemont High School after receiving reports of a man walking in the vicinity carrying two rifles shortly after 12 p.m. Administrators kept students inside their classrooms at the Ute Drive campus while the search went on. During the search, a school worker was briefly questioned by police regarding the rifles but ruled out as the person with the rifles. School officials told 10News that the man seen walking with rifles was a teacher, who brought the plastic guns to school as part of a lesson on the American Revolution.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 4:42 pm

FAIL :lmao:

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2009, 5:59 pm

What was he thinking? That it would be a good thing to bring even FAKE guns to school? Was it Show-N-Tell day?
"Mom, we're having Show-N-Tell, can I bring my water gun to school?"
Of course, this was the teacher, so this makes this story even more bizarre. Does that man have one shred of common sense in that pea-brain? He should NOT be a teacher.
Shows that my faith in the human race is still in the negative. Right now, it's a negative times pi as to how much I have faith in the human race. :roll:

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 6:56 pm

*bangs head on desk*
Show pictures or something if you need to show the class what the guns look like, don't freakin' bring a gun, even if it's fake!

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 8:27 am

If the teacher was going bring some plastic toy guns to school, it would've made more sense to notify the principal or superintendent of exactly what he was doing,, why he was doing it, and when he was doing so, at least a week prior to the lesson.
That way, the authorities would've known what was going on so that no commotion was caused.
:roll:

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/