Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

animeboy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2009, 2:42 pm

I just recently moved to Boise, Idaho from NW Montana.

I transferred from a small community college of about 2,300 to a Uni here with almost 20,000 students. The possible number of buildings I may have to use or look at has increased from 7 to over 165.

When I was living in Montana, I usually could choose the classes I wanted very easily, or at least the only issues involved were logistical or time-oriented (I needed to chose my classes in line with the very poor mass transit scheduled pickups or before my dad had to go to work). Now I need to compete with others for classes.

I moved from an area with less than 6 people per square mile and bus routes that were straightforward, to an area with more than probably 2,600 persons per square mile and numerous transfers.

I am afraid of the experiences of attending Uni.

How do I get used to attending college here?

asperges
Raven
Raven

19 Aug 2009, 1:17 pm

There isn't much that can be done about the getting into class thing other than registering as soon as they allow (usually registration is open sooner for upper year students but you should register as soon as you are able) and checking for people who drop the class to see if a spot opens up.

As to the experience part, you should join a couple of organizations and do some volunteer things (stay focused on grades though) and that will help you make connections that will help you succeed. You will also have fun and do good as well.