Aung San Suu Kyi under house arrest for two more years

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 11:23 pm

Guys, really, I hate politics and law and have little understanding of it cuz frankly I could care less . I do like to know about the politics of other countries but for capitalism I could care less. Let us not stray from the subject. Yettaw was on a supposed mission for jehovah, god, yahweh, whatever you choose to call him(or her, why does it have to be a he :wink: ), and he's a mormon so I think the un told burma(take that than shwe and you're military junta, i know you writhe in pain when we refuse to call it by your name for it :twisted: ) to ease off a little because of this.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 12:08 am

ShenLong wrote:
Guys, really, I hate politics and law and have little understanding of it cuz frankly I could care less . I do like to know about the politics of other countries but for capitalism I could care less. Let us not stray from the subject. Yettaw was on a supposed mission for jehovah, god, yahweh, whatever you choose to call him(or her, why does it have to be a he :wink: ), and he's a mormon so I think the un told burma(take that than shwe and you're military junta, i know you writhe in pain when we refuse to call it by your name for it :twisted: ) to ease off a little because of this.

Every society must have laws which govern the people. Without laws, there would be chaos. The purpose of laws is supposed to be to safeguard the rights of the people, and not to enrich the rulers at the expense of the people. Laws are necessary to keep someone who has a bigger gun or arsenal from coming in, taking what rightfully belongs to you and your family, killing you or your family, or raping your family members. When the laws of a society protect the people and are used to secure their rights and liberties, then the laws are just. the people thrive, liberty prevails, and the nation prospers. Unfortunately, in Burma as well as the Police States of Amerika, this is no longer the case. In both countries, those who are supposed to make, judge, and execute the laws thrive on bribery and theft. This may be very well why you do not care about "law" or politics. The effectively countless number of "laws," rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc. is the reason why you or most of the rest of us do not understand the "law." The Constitution was written so that it could be understood and followed not only by lawyers with years of training in legalese, but also by the average citizen who has basic literacy.

In Burma and the Police States of Amerika, we are no longer ruled by laws. Both countries are instead ruled by man (kind). In both countries, those who have the money, power, and guns take what rightfully belongs to the people. In the Police States of Amerika, this is done more subtlely than in Burma, nevertheless, it is still done. Rather than putting out an order to extinguish opposition or outright stealing the property of others, in Amerika, the theft is carried out by way of court rulings, unjust regulations, and in cases where the victim physically defends what belongs to him or her, by police with guns. Due to the fact that politicians, well connected people with power, and judges use their power to deprive the people of what is rightfully theirs, we have become a debtor nation with very few effective freedoms. It may be very well the reason why you hate the "law."

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2009, 11:40 am

Back on topic, what do you think about the American dude that was arrested for visiting her? =/

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2009, 12:03 pm

I think the guy that swam out to her house is a dolt. I also think it's unfair to punish her for his behavoir. I belive she's back to thw 18 months now and the dolt got returned to us ... woowhooo like we needed him back.

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 4:24 pm

Is there much hope in the appeal Suu Kyi is said to be filing? I would like to think that there is, considering the international outcry, but then, the junta would have to admit that they were wrong which doesn't seem likely.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 5:56 am

I would rather be in Saudi Arabia than Burma.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!