Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

OverlyIntense
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2009, 12:10 pm

LED Light Bulbs are a total waste of money right now. It's ability to reproduce colors accurately sucks, it costs way more than a fluorescent, they are not noticeably more efficient than a fluorescent, and they are not yet available above 40W equivalent light output. Watch out for there light output equivalence claims, as they're often misleading.

Though LED bulbs do have an off the charts smug rating. :-P

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 12:32 pm

Sounds like the Prius of lightbulbs; coolness factor canceled out by the price, you spend more for the cachet than you save in power...;)

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 10:45 pm

I just got one of those PrincetonTec key-chain lights for $5 and it's super-bright - far brighter than any regular flashlight bulb, especially for its size. It's kind of wasteful, because not intended to have its battery changed (although I'll probably find a way around that), but its usefullness is undeniable to me. Look for flashlights that use both an LED bulb and the AA standard. Make sure you can easily open the battery compartment though, because that's where MiniMags fail.

What I do hate are those blue-tinged halogen bulbs that some jerks like to use in their car's headlights. Now THOSE are something to complain about.
:evil: