I sucked at this IQ test. How about you?

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 9:49 pm

http://www.iqout.com/start.php

I scored below average :(. I am not really surprised though cause I feel I get dumber each day.

17 Aug 2009, 9:57 pm

Pfft, IQ tests are stupid, they're not accurate. Only doctor tests are but sometimes they are inaccurate too. I didn't bother finishing this test because I hate time limits. I got to question eight before I quit.

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 10:19 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Pfft, IQ tests are stupid, they're not accurate. Only doctor tests are but sometimes they are inaccurate too. I didn't bother finishing this test because I hate time limits. I got to question eight before I quit.

Time limits are part of the test.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Aug 2009, 11:28 pm

I got as far as question 5. But I know from my recent Cognitive Assessment tests that my IQ is very high for verbal, and very low for shapes. And the report said (fwiw) that this is typical for Asperger's.

hmmm ... i feel a poll coming on :wink:

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 11:43 pm

Mw99 wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

Time limits are part of the test.

I don't know much abou IQ tests, but I don't think that time limit is usualy caculated that way. Really the questions are hard and the way the time limit is put it's very tricky. This test is biased against people who are "slow" to resolve problems. A lack of working memory could also be handicaping in this test.
That you had difficulty in this test don't mean you're not samrt. Ther are many ways to be smart. AND THEIR IS OTHER THINGS THAT BE SMART!! !!

Overall it look like the "Raven's Progressive Matrices",(in which time do not count) which measuring "logic".
I was tested in it in the 95-100th percentile.
A similar test in the weschler put me in the 91th percentile.(Greater that most the other sub tests, no one with a greater score, and some score quite bad.)
This test on the internet put me in the 87th percentile.
So they mostly close to each others.

This is quite good scores. 8) Am I satified with them? Sadly no..... :cry:
It's because I'd always seemed "smart", and be "smart" is the only thing I'm good to. Also because I'm a perfectionnist (aspie trait), really too perfectionnist....

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 12:54 am

I got 96.The average is 100.So Im below average although mildly.

The time limit really threw me off.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

iSpy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2009, 1:08 am

ROFL I got a 56 8O

The same or a better result is reached by

96.69% of the people taking the test.

Information regarding the result

The result is based on previously collected statistical material of 336088 tests

You answered 17 questions correctly. However, the amount of questions answered correctly doesn't as such determine the result but it is essential how difficult questions were answered correctly. The operation of the test is more thoroughly explained in here

The average value of the test is 100. Your result has been standardized by the Cattell distribution that is commonly used in Europe. Its standard deviation is 24. Your result by the Stanford-Binet distribution (widely used in the United States, standard deviation is 16) would be 71. :oops:

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 1:12 am

I got an 82, somewhat below average, I really didn't comprehend much of what I was supposed to be looking for though, and in the end I finally figured out the dot number patterns

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 1:50 am

A full 32 points below my full scale. Interesting. But not surprising, considering that my subscores are all over the place anyway. It's not as dramatic as my officially measured matrix reasoning gap, but the official one is also significantly below my personal average.

Did they norm this test properly? You would think I'd score about the same as the matrix-reasoning subtest on the WAIS, but this was actually rather lower.

Did anybody else compare this to an officially measured matrix reasoning test, and get a similarly lower score?

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

bluerose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Aug 2009, 3:51 am

Tests like these bore me to death:D And I got a 63:D But I hardly even bother if I don't see a connection right away.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 9:58 am

This test, especially for us, is poor.

There is also the fact that you need to "get it" (these are numbers transformed into shapes NOT just relational shapes!) and then it all clicks in. If you never "get it", you cannot score high. If you "get it" early, your score will be markedly higher.

My score was 116 on this test. At times, I had a 5x5 grid full of shapes with "side numbers (straight lines)", dice dots, and hatch marks (the + and H symbols). This only happened AFTER question 10 when I suddenly "got it". Before that, I was consistently wrong.

I would consider this test a poor assesment in general and a very poor assesment for Aspies who may not test as well on shapes. Please do not feel in any way bad if you scored low on this test. :!:

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 10:18 am

"Clearly under the average"

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:37 pm

I scored quite high, but well below my results (by ~ 20 points) in most tests, and matrix reasoning tests give my best results. They seem to have done something wrong somewhere, so I wouldn't recommend anyone using this one to judge ability.

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 6:14 pm

I started the test but I can't finish it. it's a stupid test and anyone with ADD issues is going end up with a score far below their actual abilities to solve this particular type of puzzle.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 6:35 pm

Wow that test was something else. You got to figure out a complex series of patterns in your head to come up with the right answer within 45 seconds. Not an easy task at all.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 6:38 pm

I don't like IQ tests, I don't like them questions with "find the missing number/shape, what's the odd one out" last time I did an IQ test I gave up on the first few questions because I didn't get it and I wasn't concentrating. IQ tests aren't good for calculating intelligence anyway especially not for aspies I've noticed, I already know I'm smart because I can tell and other people have told me.