Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 3:38 am

ya ever see on TV where two folks claim to not be able to stand each other, then they fall head over heels in love with each other?

I confess the same thing even went on with my ex-store manager and the assistant manager, at a previous job. Anyone could tell they had the hots for each other from Day 1.

So what gets me about it? With us, there's none of that; if they give us an attitude that they despise us, ain't nothin' gonna change that.

Granted, I'm in a relationship now with the gal of my dreams, but I still find that situation so incredibly frustrating and idiotic; what do you folks think?

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:28 am

I don't know... I watch my kids play around and it's clearly flirting type of stuff at times. Lots of hitting, pushing around, giggling during it, poking one another just to bug the crap out of them. It's hard to compare that to adults doing that type of stuff to one another though.

I've never really been that way. If I don't like someone, I just don't like them and that's it. If they give me the impression that they don't like me, I don't talk to them unless I absolutely have no option (but trust me, I will look for options to stay away from people like that).

I do find those movies kind of humorous and cutesy of course (as I'm a female), but really don't understand how it could happen to begin with unless they are just forced to be together 24/7 and eventually just get used to each other I suppose. But I don't see how the feelings really could develop with such a bad start anyway.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:31 am

who's talking about kids doing it?

but even then...no it was pretty much they just despised me.

Eh, it is what it is.

I'm just referring to the adults, here.

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:35 am

Yeah, as I said, I never really got it either. I watch the movies where it happens and all, but just accept that it's a movie and that happens in movies.

I wonder if it really happens in RL that way too. I assume it could to some extent, I just don't see how.

Someone either likes me or they don't, I either like them or I don't. That's all there is to it.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:37 am

like I said...it did happen with my store manager and asst. manager...but anyone with half a brain could tell she was into him from Day 1.

She told herself she wasn't, but the world over new the truth.

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:39 am

I think a lot of that is a normal female thing though. I see a lot of them denying that they like someone, talking about how much they dislike them, but still you can see the attraction.

It is just an odd thing to me.

When my bf and I met for the first time, we clicked, got along, and that was pretty much it from the start. There wasn't all that back and forth crap going on, or denying anything.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:45 am

True, but when it comes down to us Autistic folk, when they say they don't, they mean it.

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:47 am

lol, exactly. It doesn't change for us like it seems to for others.

I wonder why this is.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:50 am

Because I think for NTs, it appears everyone and their mom is attracted to each other.

We're Autistic, so 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the population is automatically turned off by us.

They know there's something odd/off about us, and they just don't want to deal with it at all.

It does thankfully help us "weed out" all the wrong ones.

TB
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 7:17 am

i think in movies they just add it in to make it more interesting you never see it comming and then all of a sudden they end up having sex. it is hilarious sometimes.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 10:59 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
ya ever see on TV where two folks claim to not be able to stand each other, then they fall head over heels in love with each other?

Not seen on TV - have lived it though :!:
Life like a romance novel.