Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 640
Location: S. California

21 Aug 2009, 12:43 pm

Let Whole Foods know your money will no longer support its anti-health care reform CEO!

http://wholeboycott.com/



RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 May 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,306
Location: Ohio

21 Aug 2009, 1:08 pm

That's not news, it's PPR.


_________________
"Nothing worth having is easy."

Three years!


Nan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2006
Age: 64
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,795

21 Aug 2009, 2:00 pm

A link to whatever he said, rather than a blogger's rant about it, would be a lot more helpful here....



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

21 Aug 2009, 2:19 pm

Coadunate wrote:
Let Whole Foods know your money will no longer support its anti-health care reform CEO!

http://wholeboycott.com/


All the more reason for me to do business with them.

I think letting the political opinions of the owner of a business determine whether you will do business with them is insane. The only thing that counts is price and quality.

ruveyn



sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,488
Location: Bandon-by-the-Sea, Oregon

21 Aug 2009, 3:06 pm

boycott them? who can afford them in the first place?

heres the link to the op-ed in the Wall Street Journal

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 65070.html

and why wouldn't a sucessful CEO side with other successful CEOs in the insurance companys? You don't believe all that stuff about WholeFoods being a different kind of business?


_________________
Alis volat propriis
State Motto of Oregon


ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 913
Location: Southern California, USA

22 Aug 2009, 2:03 pm

For me, there's a farmer's market every week across the street from my local Whole Foods which is cheaper than going in that store. I also live a block away from a Trader Joe's and tend to go there more often anyway.


_________________
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason,
and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei


pakled
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,015

23 Aug 2009, 2:28 pm

...was about to say, I couldn't afford to shop there in the first place...;) My wife still gives me grief for the '$100 spaghetti dinner'...;)



phil777
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 May 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,825
Location: Montreal, Québec

23 Aug 2009, 3:38 pm

what the, spag shouldn't cost that much, should it?

And Ruvie, i am sure you know, as one so fluent in historic facts, that over-ambitious individuals that were considered dangerous to the rest of the social organization were exiled or decapitated. Boycott is merely a form of exile, since decapitation is frowned upon in our Western civilization.



sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,488
Location: Bandon-by-the-Sea, Oregon

23 Aug 2009, 4:10 pm

phil777 wrote:
what the, spag shouldn't cost that much, should it?

And Ruvie, i am sure you know, as one so fluent in historic facts, that over-ambitious individuals that were considered dangerous to the rest of the social organization were exiled or decapitated. Boycott is merely a form of exile, since decapitation is frowned upon in our Western civilization.


and a corporation is hydra-headed anyway. Here is what the BBC article says:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8216685.stm


_________________
Alis volat propriis
State Motto of Oregon


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,908
Location: Houston, Texas

31 Aug 2009, 7:27 am

Here in San Marcos, people drive 30 miles to Austin to shop at Whole Foods (their HQ is in Austin).

I am sticking with HEB because they're in my town and cheaper (and not to mention it was founded by Harry E. Butt---it's named after his initials).


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Last edited by Tim_Tex on 31 Aug 2009, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

31 Aug 2009, 10:00 am

phil777 wrote:
what the, spag shouldn't cost that much, should it?

And Ruvie, i am sure you know, as one so fluent in historic facts, that over-ambitious individuals that were considered dangerous to the rest of the social organization were exiled or decapitated. Boycott is merely a form of exile, since decapitation is frowned upon in our Western civilization.


Boycott is a refusal to trade or associate.

ruveyn



Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 640
Location: S. California

31 Aug 2009, 10:44 am

ruveyn wrote:

Quote:
Coadunate wrote:
Let Whole Foods know your money will no longer support its anti-health care reform CEO!

http://wholeboycott.com/


All the more reason for me to do business with them.

I think letting the political opinions of the owner of a business determine whether you will do business with them is insane. The only thing that counts is price and quality.

ruveyn


I remember several years ago when honey made in the Middle East was connected with supporting terrorists. I don’t know how true it is or was but assuming that it is true, what you are saying is that as long as Middle Eastern honey is significantly cheaper you would buy it instead of other honey, am I right ruveyn?



sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,488
Location: Bandon-by-the-Sea, Oregon

31 Aug 2009, 11:44 am

Coadunate wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

Quote:
Coadunate wrote:
Let Whole Foods know your money will no longer support its anti-health care reform CEO!

http://wholeboycott.com/


All the more reason for me to do business with them.

I think letting the political opinions of the owner of a business determine whether you will do business with them is insane. The only thing that counts is price and quality.

ruveyn


I remember several years ago when honey made in the Middle East was connected with supporting terrorists. I don’t know how true it is or was but assuming that it is true, what you are saying is that as long as Middle Eastern honey is significantly cheaper you would buy it instead of other honey, am I right ruveyn?


or blood diamonds. . .


_________________
Alis volat propriis
State Motto of Oregon


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Aug 2009, 12:11 pm

Who cares what the CEO of some grocery store personally believes in?

I think I can make the assumption that most of the people making a fuss about this are pro-gay marriage as well, why aren't they protesting Barack Obama? His opinion actually matters unlike some nameless CEO of some overpriced health food store.



Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 640
Location: S. California

31 Aug 2009, 7:32 pm

Jacoby wrote:

Jacoby wrote:

Quote:
Who cares what the CEO of some grocery store personally believes in?

I think I can make the assumption that most of the people making a fuss about this are pro-gay marriage as well, why aren't they protesting Barack Obama? His opinion actually matters unlike some nameless CEO of some overpriced health food store.


At least as far as I’m concerned I’m against making ANY form of marriage easy, including between a man and a woman. I’m also against making ANY form of divorce easy. I believe that people have such an easy time getting married or a divorce that they don’t appreciate either. On some issues you would find that I’m not a conservative but a reactionary.
As far as protesting Obama, after having a monumental idiot like Bush as president anyone who manages to find a comparative reason to protest Obama is an idiot just like Bush.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Aug 2009, 7:38 pm

So Bush was so bad, Obama can do whatever he wants? Right.