Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

CatTheBurrito
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2009, 8:47 pm

or am i the only one whos found a way to work around it?

for an example, to me "dog" looks like "god"

but if i read it backwards, it looks like "dog"...

anyone else have that problem or know someone that does?

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2009, 2:23 pm

I don't generally have problems with reading or spelling, though soemtimes I can get confused, I have been a strong reader and speller since really young however I have taken internet tests that say I am most likely dyslexic from my answers, an example being I cannot tell my lefts and rights to save my life, even if the letters are written on them, but if I am it's not very severe and I'm not gonna take it any further. I know people with dyslexia and I think they are gonna get financial support and things at university, and one severely dyslexic guy has classroom help, but I don't know what else they do other than that.

parrotnut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Aug 2009, 7:37 pm

I also do not have a problem with spelling/reading, I say words backwards ALL the time/get them mixed up.
I also am a slow reader, and if I start reading a book and I don't read it the next day, then the day after that I forgot what I read, so I either don't read, or I have to read it all at the same time, which I rarely have time to do. I read short stories and those are the best for me to read. I get my B's and D's mixed up, so yes, I do have Dyslexia.