Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 11:08 pm

Watched it recently. Sort of divided on it.
I want to say I loved it because a lot of the first season was impressive and memorable but halfway through the whole series took a plummet into some of the worst writing and worst subplots imaginable, and kind of became more than a little painful to watch. I liked the whole fantasy/horror/supernatural element of the series and the police procedural aspect of the story, but some of the subplots left me a little unimpressed, and while some of the comic relief in the series was excellent, it just felt really uneven.
Anyone else seen?

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 11:19 pm

Yeah, I loved the show and wish it continued, but I get what you're saying. From the point when the murder is solved until Wyndham Earl is introduced, it is kind of blah. The whole subplot involving James Hurley and that other woman was just boring.

jstrewth
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2009, 5:49 pm

Bataar wrote:
Yeah, I loved the show and wish it continued, but I get what you're saying. From the point when the murder is solved until Wyndham Earl is introduced, it is kind of blah. The whole subplot involving James Hurley and that other woman was just boring.

Agreed. I have the entire series on DVD, and I kinda lost interest after Laura's murder was solved, although I did watch the finale and found it terrific in that bizarro Lynch way.

AC132
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Aug 2009, 3:08 pm

I recall thinking the same, that it lost focus for me around the time David Duchovny appeared in that guest role and the whole drug investigation sub plot. I think David Lynch had left the series in others' hands for a while when he worked on a new movie or something.

Whenever I hear of a showrunner doing that now, on a show that I love, I get antsy because of what happened with Twin Peaks.

Damn fine programme when it was on form though and Bob used to proper s**t me up, crawling over the furniture and what not!

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2009, 6:31 pm

AC132

27 Aug 2009, 1:21 pm

8O

Freak me out, why don't you! :D

That dude is seriously scary... love it!