Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 9:57 am

I would prefer to post this in the Men's forum but ,oops, it doesn't exist anymore since ,as some claimed before, "men have no male-exclusive issues" and because ,as other claimed, the "Men's forum was full of crap"....whatever...

The 'Manipulated Man' By Esther Vilar is an interesting book, she describes accurately the gender roles in the human society and how men get manipulated by women, this book has Zero political correctness (even tho she's so hard on women :P), I recommend it for all men.

You can buy the book or just read the preview version here (if you can stand reading whole pages on screen):

http://books.google.com/books?id=UMum1k ... q=&f=false

PS: I just want men's replies. Mods, please delete all women's replies.

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 25 Aug 2009, 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 10:04 am

Uh yes there is place besides the love and dating section where men can discuss manly things although I haven't seen many men use it lately.

It's in the Adult in Depth discussion.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2245384.html#2245384

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 10:15 am

Nice how they say women don't work and how they don't make use of their intellectual potential not to mention because they don't have to. :roll:

I'm going to assume that this was written by a person who hasn't been around enough women. My mom and my sister both have had to support their out of job husbands and take care of the kids.

Yeah women have it so easy.....

Last edited by MissConstrue on 25 Aug 2009, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 10:21 am

A better book is Stiffed: The Betrayal of the American Man by Susan Faludi. She is a real hardcore feminist but wrote an excellent book on being a man in America.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 10:44 am

MissConstrue wrote:
I'm going to assume that this was written by man who either has issues with women or doesn't know what the f**k he's talking about. My mom and my sister both have had to support their out of job husbands and take care of the kids.

Because "Esther" is so a guy's name...

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 10:47 am

Whoever and whatever, these statements are very vague, dense, and the scary part is using the assumption that women are in fact....

I would love to see if there was a book written about a race of people describing their intellegence, I bet this board would go crazy....

Hmmmn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2009, 11:44 am

Check out Dave Sim "Masculinity's Last Hope, or Creepily Paranoid Misogynist?" http://www.theabsolute.net/misogyny/sim.html but remember to read it with a pinch of salt and keep that tongue firmly in cheek. Just because someone has written something that sounds good on paper doesn't make their views valid in reality.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 12:35 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Nice how they say women don't work and how they don't make use of their intellectual potential not to mention because they don't have to. :roll:

I'm going to assume that this was written by a person who hasn't been around enough women. My mom and my sister both have had to support their out of job husbands and take care of the kids.

Yeah women have it so easy.....

Btw, the author has XX chromosomes.

Maybe she was aspie girl who doesn't get along with guys :lol: ? So far, it seems that only 1% of you get along with your own gender, that should tell me something , so don't blame us for being wary at least ...

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 12:38 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Uh yes there is place besides the love and dating section where men can discuss manly things although I haven't seen many men use it lately.

It's in the Adult in Depth discussion.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2245384.html#2245384

This is just nonsense sticky thread.

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 2:12 pm

I had a look at it. A central theme is 'exploitation' of the man by the woman.

In all honesty, I want to slave for women. But I don't want to be just any slave -- I want to be a happy slave, who wakes up in the morning (single or not) and says, "Ahh, another beautiful day to serve the opposite sex."

Exploitation, in my mind, has always referred to a form of service in which power or well-being is lost. If people know what's good for them, they won't 'exploit' their workers for short-term gain in a way that leaves them agitated and, ultimately, unable to work that hard!

When I heard 'The Manipulated Man,' the first thing that came to mind was how violent I've been made to feel. This feeling of wanting to exact revenge is extremely antithetical to encouraged servitude toward women, and it disturbs me as much as (if not more than) it disturbs you. By diverting men away from servitude, it would almost seem as if she were manipulating men.

As frightening as this sounds, I think all of this is aimed at the 'nice guy.' As I'm sure that many women (and hopefully the author) will agree, once we get these idiots to stop luring otherwise nice men into violence and homicide, the world will become a happier place.

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 2:45 pm

MikeH106 wrote:
I had a look at it. A central theme is 'exploitation' of the man by the woman.

In all honesty, I want to slave for women. But I don't want to be just any slave -- I want to be a happy slave, who wakes up in the morning (single or not) and says, "Ahh, another beautiful day to serve the opposite sex."

Exploitation, in my mind, has always referred to a form of service in which power or well-being is lost. If people know what's good for them, they won't 'exploit' their workers for short-term gain in a way that leaves them agitated and, ultimately, unable to work that hard!

When I heard 'The Manipulated Man,' the first thing that came to mind was how violent I've been made to feel. This feeling of wanting to exact revenge is extremely antithetical to encouraged servitude toward women, and it disturbs me as much as (if not more than) it disturbs you. By diverting men away from servitude, it would almost seem as if she were manipulating men.

As frightening as this sounds, I think all of this is aimed at the 'nice guy.' As I'm sure that many women (and hopefully the author) will agree, once we get these idiots to stop luring otherwise nice men into violence and homicide, the world will become a happier place.
no offense, but that disturbs me.

star wars- "hmmmm, i sense a disturbance in the force" lol

anyways, i don't know if i'm being judgmental without due cause, but your view seems like alot of wishful thinking and sorta a cop-out.
however it is feasible to have that kind of thing. it's called "go get yourself a sugar mama." they'll appreciate your proposition i'm sure. :)

your only problem would be actually finding one willing to take you on.

oh, and they don't lure us into homicide. that's actually our fault if we can't stick up for and find enough respect for ourselves to be baited into relations resulting in that type of situation. if you don't let yourself be pushed around and show some confidence, but at the same time don't be too pushy yourself and don't undermine theirs, i'm sure you'll come up with some pleasant and rightly bearable results :). give and take, keep the balance fairly equal.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 3:22 pm

Maybe MissConstrue misguessed the author's gender, but I'd have to second the rest of what she says.

Also, good comments Seanmw. :thumleft:

LePetitPrince wrote:
I would prefer to post this in the Men's forum but ,oops, it doesn't exist anymore

*ahem*

I seem to be telling people that there is one a lot. Here it is. Go nuts.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt101191.html

And if you want more than a sticky, making angry remarks in threads won't change a thing. Talk to Alex or a mod, if you must. Ask and ye shall receive.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 3:40 pm

activebutodd wrote:
Maybe MissConstrue misguessed the author's gender, but I'd have to second the rest of what she says.

Also, good comments Seanmw. :thumleft:

LePetitPrince wrote:
I would prefer to post this in the Men's forum but ,oops, it doesn't exist anymore

*ahem*

I seem to be telling people that there is one a lot. Here it is. Go nuts.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt101191.html

And if you want more than a sticky, making angry remarks in threads won't change a thing. Talk to Alex or a mod, if you must. Ask and ye shall receive.

Angry remarks? Where you're sensing any angry remarks?

I was too relaxed and playing with my toes when I posted this tread.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 3:42 pm

What I meant is random remarks don't get you what you seem to want. (A whole forum as opposed to a sticky)
If it's important, ask someone who might be able to make one.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 3:49 pm

oh btw, activebutodd, I added a PS to the OP.

makuranososhi, please respect my request ;).

You promised us to respect such requests here: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2227518.html#2227518

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 4:17 pm

Ok, there's no need to be like that. Btw, I answered at such a time as it was open for all. I'm confused about what I did that was so wrong, as my post wasn't particularly offensive, and men often come into the womens section and sometimes women's threads.

It was an assumption for me to think you hadn't already asked. But I thought I'd suggest a way for you to get what you wanted.

Whatever. I'm done here. Bye