Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 Aug 2009, 12:58 pm

Tomorrow I'll be back in a real classroom for the first time in almost 3 years. I got declined from all the colleges I applied to() so I ended going to local technical college with the plan of transferring after 2 years to the best school in the state.(you get automatic admission if you do well enough) I think that's a good idea but my mom basically locked me out of the process after getting declined from the original schools and took it upon herself to "take care of it". I actually did the applications from the first time around with some help. Now I feel completely unprepared. Public school did nothing to prepare me for this transition and I was lucky enough to even graduate from that. I have my class list and that's it. I have no idea what else I need or what to expect tomorrow. Hopefully it just turns out I'm worrying too much as usual but I don't know. Anyone have any advice or have been in a similar situation?

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 1:35 pm

I am "back in school" after a long absence...and I am older than you! Everyone is nervous the first week of school and it will take a little time to get back into the routine of things. But, stay postive, do your best and don't cut classes if you expect to do well in your studies. Stay focused on the educational goal you have chosen...and in time, you should achieve it.

Best of luck to you!

DavidK
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Aug 2009, 2:31 pm

I graduated from uni 3 years ago, came back home, and never adjusted to the real world (didn't want to leave uni, and had a couple of bad experiences with employment). I'm thinking of doing a course at a local college. Don't know what course to do though!