Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 10:10 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
I am angry that meat eaters can see mercifully killing an animal as murder. Everyone responded like they have never killed an animal and never enjoyed eating their flesh.

Ever stop to consider that maybe it was because running over an animal with a car is a pretty crude method of killing an animal and without the context that you had, they probably thought you were just doing it maliciously.

Also, it's a very crude method and I doubt most people could justify it fully without actually having gone through your exact steps of seeing it and all...and even then, most people would most likely choose the path of least resistance and do nothing rather than do something.

You're putting too much subtext on the wrong end by inserting your own personal angst into the situation.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 1:17 pm

Talking to my work mates said foxes are vermin the same way rats are. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to worry about. The net also say the same thing. They said it might be worth talking to Steve the pest control officer.

It is amazing how thing got blown out of proportion. To the level of "Phone the paramedics a rat is in cardiac shock." I am leaving this one at the side of the road.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 1:44 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Talking to my work mates said foxes are vermin the same way rats are. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to worry about. The net also say the same thing. They said it might be worth talking to Steve the pest control officer.

It is amazing how thing got blown out of proportion. To the level of "Phone the paramedics a rat is in cardiac shock." I am leaving this one at the side of the road.

:cry:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 6:03 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

Having had rats as pets as a child I am quite fond of them. I never had the opportunity to give one mouth to mouth resuscitation.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 12:55 am

poor thing, it's like it's sleeping =(

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 1:07 am

phil777 wrote:
poor thing, it's like it's sleeping =(

Sleep actually is one of the most active times in an animal's life. Much organic and mental revision goes on. To confuse immobility with sleep is to assume that rocks are asleep and what disasters occur when they awaken!

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 1:11 am

You've never played role-playing games where rocks are alive uh? <.<

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 1:53 am

phil777 wrote:

[please no offense to Sand....and sorry I don't know your real name]I think he's devout to be only within the real, rational, logical reality....such fantasy wouldn't have much role for him in the sense of literature interaction here on the board[/please no offense]

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 2:45 am

skafather84 wrote:
phil777 wrote:

[please no offense to Sand....and sorry I don't know your real name]I think he's devout to be only within the real, rational, logical reality....such fantasy wouldn't have much role for him in the sense of literature interaction here on the board[/please no offense]

I don't quite understand your comment on my relationship to literature.
You know my real name.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 5:54 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:

Guilt. Would that be the guilt of eating meat, and excepting it as easy as NTs do because they don't have to kill it. Or one act killing an inquired pest, that is often culled, that the underfund charities cannot help. I am just very angry.

I may try to be like NT, I will never think like them or believe that is is my moral obligation to be like them.

Ok first up Chav get that f*****g "aspie" chip of your shoulder. Having ASD is very defined and does not prevent the person from having all the behaviours you do not like in other people. There are plenty of aspie meat eaters, aspie lyers, aspie murderers, aspie rapists, aspie psychopaths ect ect as i said having ASD denotes a specific set of behavioural traits and does not preclude aberrant behaviour.

Back to the fox, you made a judgement call, the animal was suffering you ended the suffering, good on you, doing that is not easy. I have taken shovels, iron bars, and yes the wheels of my car to various injured animals. And to reiterate what I have said in the previous paragraph I am a person with aspergers who in this order has been a Carnivore, Vegan, Vegetarian, Fish eating non land animal eater, carnivore. I was a veggo for 20 years

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 12:03 pm

wait wait.... Is there supposed to be a difference between a Vegan and a Vegetarian? <.< Or is this some cleverly disguised sarcasm?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 12:19 pm

phil777 wrote:
wait wait.... Is there supposed to be a difference between a Vegan and a Vegetarian? <.< Or is this some cleverly disguised sarcasm?

I think a Vegan is a vegetarian from Las Vegas.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 12:22 pm

Is there any fundamental differences between the two? <.<

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 12:29 pm

A vegan isn't suppose to eat eggs, milk or anything produced by an animal.

Not sure why exactly except for the PETA movement.... :?

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 12:42 pm

Ah, so it's more like an extreme vegetarian... ?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 12:59 pm

phil777 wrote:
Ah, so it's more like an extreme vegetarian... ?

Which means, I assume, they eat only extreme vegetables - whatever that might be. (Radical radishes, communist cauliflowers, nazi nuts, fundamentalist figs, Buddhist broccoli, zen zucchini, etc.