Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 10:38 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2 ... t_the.html

Good thing I stopped the Torrenting months and months ago. I used to do it, because I'm poor. If I had the money, I would buy every album I owe. :)

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 2:49 pm

Alternative wrote:
Good thing I stopped the Torrenting months and months ago. I used to do it, because I'm poor.

Understand. I wouldn't have a fraction of the collection I do, if I hadn't worked for years in an industry that gets constant freebies. Over half the vinyl I own has "Promotional Issue Only - Not for Sale - Ownership and right to possesion reserved by [insert record company name here]" stamped on the cover.

Alternative wrote:
If I had the money, I would buy every album I owe. :)

Intentional pun, or Fruedian slip? :wink:

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2009, 5:03 pm

people are just gonna move onto the next way of downloading, which is megaupload and rapidshare.

Also I highly doubt they will completely ban P2P, since New Labour only have a year left til the next general election.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2009, 10:56 am

It won't stop piracy. Direct downloading via rapidshare and megaupload will continue, and it's impossible to track the IP addresses of those who download copyrighted material.

sefer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Sep 2009, 9:40 am

Jkid wrote:
It won't stop piracy. Direct downloading via rapidshare and megaupload will continue, and it's impossible to track the IP addresses of those who download copyrighted material.

Things will move to be more protected and underground, like how it was when internet piracy first started out, but no it is not impossible to track IP addresses, bureaucracy can just make it hard, especially when borders are involved.