Being Affectionate as an Aspie

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2009, 11:16 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
you guys that don't like being touched...is it actually physically painful to be touched?

Not so much painful as it is a shock to the system (for me at least). About the equivalent of an electrical current running through your body, or section thats in contact. For me, its not so bad with people i know or part of my daily routine, but for someone outside . . . <shudder>. Think of that cat from one of AFV's past videos where a cat is fully focused on some little box, then a guy brings his hand up behind the cat and scares it . . . making it leap 2-3 feet into the air. In my cast, i freeze up and shiver (can be mistaken for being ticklish, and sometimes it does feel that way if im expecting it), otherwise its almost like an electric zap.

jimb424
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Sep 2009, 10:17 am

I never liked casual touch. I hate it when people insist on hugging hello or good bye.

At some point in my life, I realized that I was missing something. I wanted something. I wanted touch. I wanted sex to mean more.

Now, I sometimes seek my partner out just to touch.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 11:07 am

i dont like being touched or even near most people, but someone who's been allowed within that certain personal boundary enjoys a lot more freedom :D

i love being petted :D

mamc1986
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2009, 4:23 pm

I'll admit right now that I didn't like being touched when I was younger, but now if I would have a man in my life, I would be perfectly happy to let him poke me, have sex with me, kiss me, hold me, hug me, and give me complanments without me getting unconfortable.

I think it's important to have someone in your life whether or not they're your lover or not. I love hugging people and I'll let them touch me if I trust them. Which means if anyone here wants to find their true love, you have to want to be touched by that person, even if it kills you!

I mean there are worst things in the world then being touched, like for instance, hate, rape, murder, torture, ignorence. But for every person out there thats ignorante, there are people out there that want to know you as a person, not just because of your autism. I mean I have nurotypical friends that like me and think I'm a good friend.

But if you want to really find true love, let it come to you, don't go to it. And you have to sacrfice some of your independence, but at the same time you can easily make your own decisions.

So anyone who has a problem being affectonate, just try to hide your true feelings and act in the best way that you can that you even give a damn, heck when I'm upset about something, I just hide it from my friends by putting a smile on my face! Then I'll silently complain to my parents or other relatives. Sometimes we have to be secretive.

Simple the key to friendship and love is give and take, you do something for that person, like even if it's hugging them or telling them how much you admire them, they'll likely do something for you in return. And if someone you like doesn't like you in return, to hell with them they're not worth your time.

My point is when you feel you're ready to share your feelings with that special someone, then don't wait, go for it! Sometimes we all have to take risks when we're in love.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 7:51 pm

mamc1986 wrote:
I'll admit right now that I didn't like being touched when I was younger, but now if I would have a man in my life, I would be perfectly happy to let him poke me, have sex with me, kiss me, hold me, hug me, and give me complanments without me getting unconfortable.

I think it's important to have someone in your life whether or not they're your lover or not. I love hugging people and I'll let them touch me if I trust them. Which means if anyone here wants to find their true love, you have to want to be touched by that person, even if it kills you!

I mean there are worst things in the world then being touched, like for instance, hate, rape, murder, torture, ignorence. But for every person out there thats ignorante, there are people out there that want to know you as a person, not just because of your autism. I mean I have nurotypical friends that like me and think I'm a good friend.

But if you want to really find true love, let it come to you, don't go to it. And you have to sacrfice some of your independence, but at the same time you can easily make your own decisions.

So anyone who has a problem being affectonate, just try to hide your true feelings and act in the best way that you can that you even give a damn, heck when I'm upset about something, I just hide it from my friends by putting a smile on my face! Then I'll silently complain to my parents or other relatives. Sometimes we have to be secretive.

Simple the key to friendship and love is give and take, you do something for that person, like even if it's hugging them or telling them how much you admire them, they'll likely do something for you in return. And if someone you like doesn't like you in return, to hell with them they're not worth your time.

My point is when you feel you're ready to share your feelings with that special someone, then don't wait, go for it! Sometimes we all have to take risks when we're in love.

I am in 100% agreement.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CerebralDreamer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 8:22 pm

Some of it depends on my mood, but I can be very affectionate if I'm in love with someone. Something about having them place their hands on me and touch me creates this sense of euphoria. If I'm in love with someone, I want their touch any chance I can get it.