Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 4:44 pm

I write X-Files Slash Fanfic and belong to that community.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 5:37 pm

I am absolutely obsessed with my fanfiction writing and consider myself very good at my work (I've been writing fanfics since I was little). Sad thing though is that with all the devotion and work I put into it...fanfiction is what it is. Not real profitable writing. Pathetic but Fun nonetheless. I always wonder if it's an Aspie thing (with me) because I'm obsessed with the shows and movies I write fanfiction for (I can write really indepth and incannon fanfics with ease) but I can't for the life of me write down original stories. I've attempted some but never had the willpower to finish or write more than 10% of original stories. I can come up with them in my head but it's more difficult for me to write in words.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 7:11 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
I am absolutely obsessed with my fanfiction writing and consider myself very good at my work (I've been writing fanfics since I was little). Sad thing though is that with all the devotion and work I put into it...fanfiction is what it is. Not real profitable writing. Pathetic but Fun nonetheless. I always wonder if it's an Aspie thing (with me) because I'm obsessed with the shows and movies I write fanfiction for (I can write really indepth and incannon fanfics with ease) but I can't for the life of me write down original stories. I've attempted some but never had the willpower to finish or write more than 10% of original stories. I can come up with them in my head but it's more difficult for me to write in words.

Wow. I'm telling you, it sometimes seems that since I got here, other people seem to read my mind almost!

I'm quite obsessed with the fandoms I write for, too.lolI love to write for them.

I know what you're saying about it being hard to put into words. Though I don't know if this could be like me, but I think it's more that I'm terrified it'll seem ridiculous. I've got a long way to go to get rid of that fear. I've just been teased, put down(by my own parents and relatives)for speaking anything 'original' that might come into my mind, that I'm so afraid to actually get it out. Even in writing, some of it. As I know people so little, that might also be something, having a hard time with characters. Making them seem 'normal'.

I've wondered if there's any like fiction with a maybe not hero, but character with AS.

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2009, 9:08 pm

I've been a professional grant writer for 10 years. I really don't recommend it. It's so tedious, and lately I feel like I'm squandering my real talent. I work for a non-profit, so I also get the chance to interview people we've helped and write their success stories. That's something I enjoy a lot. I'd much rather move somebody emotionally in a page and a half, than try to convince a review panel to fund a program in a hundred pages.

As far as writing for pleasure, I don't really do creative stuff. I'm good at observation though, finding the magic in the everyday through the details. Mainly for myself, if something happened that day I want to remember.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 9:15 pm

All write-y topic

Yeah, I am one of those. But it is mostly private, and one story usually drains me emotionally.

Consequently my literary output is not overwhelming. :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 9:24 pm

I'm writing a book about what it's like to live with autism and how people can relate to someone who has autism. Trying to demystify just a little more... trying to get at some of the question that anything I've read out there hasn't gotten at yet. We'll see. It's lots of fun to write, though :)

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2009, 9:24 pm

My love for writing comes and goes with the wind. I write poems only so I can complete them in a reasonable amount of time (I'm obsessive of perfect spellings and grammar when I really get into it). Otherwise I'd be spellchecking and checking sentence structure the rest of my days.

blabla2
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Aug 2009, 9:53 pm

Ralou wrote:
Yes, but no one gets to read what I write until I deem it acceptably polished, and almost nothing I write makes the grade.

Now I'm in the process of throwing out everything I've ever written. I have tossed out five garbage bags full of looseleaf and notebooks, and I have two in my room that need to go but are too heavy to lift. When I get the energy, I'll separate them into smaller bags and toss those, too. Then there's two boxes in the garage, and two USB thumb drives to wipe, and it's done.

I can't stand the weight and bulk of all my failed writing cluttering up my life anymore. Maybe one day I'll write again, and I'll finally get a novel published, but before that happens, everything that didn't work has to go.

Harper lee threw to kill a mockingbird out a window......Good thing she decided to go retreive it.

I write wierd s**t only I can understand "I CAN'T WRITE DIALOG AND IT MAKES ME ANGRY LIKE NOTHIN ELSE" also I CAN'T DESCRIBE A MOTHER ...... THING I HATE HATE HATE IT.

I can't describe the movie in my head only write enough so that I can remember it.

I'm pretty sure I have bi-polor......I love what I write sometimes then other times I want to throw my s**t out and live a life of utter crap doing absolutly nothing.....

Im having a down swing right now......I f*****g hate me

laseywerecat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Aug 2009, 10:49 pm

http://suicideblues.deviantart.com/art/ ... -103895709

^^Yes. I have a weird style though. I took fiction writing classes and the professors all told me that; my style is strange but they generally had a favorable impression. I'm starting a novel about a paraplegic vampire who uses a wheelchair. He was turned one night after a car accident by a vampire paramedic who took the job so she could feed on people who were going to die anyway (she wanted a clear conscience about it).

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 11:15 pm

I write some poetry, not so much anymore. I have an idea for a mystery novel, and I might try to follow through with it. I think my problem is that I know I suck, so I often ask myself, "What's the point?" It's one of those things where I see published stuff (from poetry to magazine articles), and I think, "They suck so bad, it can't be that hard to get published," and then I realize that getting published and paid is about as possible as becoming a famous actress.

mattl009
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2009, 12:47 am

rush and stephen king.. you describve some notable things in my high school days too :)

idiocratik wrote:
I'm a writer. It's always been somewhat annoying that I can write well, but stumble on spoken word.

I was reading Stephen King in middle school, and started listening to Rush around the same time, so I was very influenced by intelligent and creative thought. I could never really craft a story very well, but I can come up with great ideas for them. Mostly, I write poetry and rants. Well, I haven't written anything in a while now. Haven't had much inspiration these days.

mattl009
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2009, 1:01 am

oh right.. the title of this thread: yes i write. i write business letters alot.. newsletter type things where i can speak in a conversational way.. people like it, they tell me, (very cool). then i write song lyrics as the mood strikes (and record them, which is what im doing now at 2am). did great at writing class in college (A's)but always did bad at math. im considering writing a book. i was just diagnosed aspi im late 30's, rough life in the beginning.. some stories that people find interesting... who knows... havent started , not sure if i will, just a thought.

jennyann45
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Aug 2009, 1:08 am

sartresue wrote:
All write-y topic

Yeah, I am one of those. But it is mostly private, and one story usually drains me emotionally.

Why is that? Because I'm a writer and I love it, but it does emotionally drain me - it's insane. I mean I love it because I feel the emotion in my stories are that much more real, but it can really affect my overall mood on a day to day basis. I wrote one chapter of a novel a while back, and it emotionally drained me so much I was like crying myself to sleep almost every single night.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 1:31 am

jennyann45 wrote:
sartresue wrote:
All write-y topic

Why is that? Because I'm a writer and I love it, but it does emotionally drain me - it's insane. I mean I love it because I feel the emotion in my stories are that much more real, but it can really affect my overall mood on a day to day basis. I wrote one chapter of a novel a while back, and it emotionally drained me so much I was like crying myself to sleep almost every single night.

Reading and writing both makes me want to fall asleep. I don't even have to write about something emotional to feel drained.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 8:04 am

I have enjoyed writing my own stories since I was 7-8. I’ve only written fanfic on one occasion, when I was 19-20 and obsessed with B5. It wasn’t any good, it was just day dreaming on paper.

sarbear1987
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Aug 2009, 5:02 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
day dreaming on paper.

That would be an excellent title for a book. :lol:

I've been wanting to write an original fantasy story ever since I was little, but every time I start one, it ends up becoming like a Neverending Story fanfic, so I get frustrated and delete it. Comedy comes so easy to me because my mind is completely warped and silly, but it makes me so sad that I can't do other genres sometimes.

Even my attempts at sad poetry come out like Dr. Seuss. Example:

I keep all these memories of you in a jar
labeled "Times I Was Happy With" whoever you are...

So I really envy you fantasy people!

http://youtube.com/posthumorously = my vlog