Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 11:34 am

I didn't really know where to put this, so I stuck it here.

I sometimes have a bone of contention towards some of the vastly wealthy population purely on the basis of the way some of them treat other people. Some of them are very nice (I know such people), but I have come to accept that there are those that are not as nice because they think they are better than me and, financially, yeah, I suppose they are because I am working class whereas they are top-dog upper class people so who am I to argue? I don't care. However, it's the middle class wannabes that really annoy me as they make themselves out to be better than they really are. I am not saying that all middle class people are like this, I am just merely referring to those that are. They besmirch others and treat them like dirt when they are really no better themselves. If they don't think that you are in the same 'league' as they are, they will snub you, ignore you or be plain rude to you. I really don't get this attitude at all. Many of the wannabes that have spoken to me in this way haven't actually done anything with their lives, they have just dreamt about what they would like to do and talk about it like they have been close to doing it. As an example, they go on holidays and don't actually do anything or see anything. The only thing they see is the lounger they lie on in order to get their popular tan to prove they have actually been on holiday. When I go on holiday, I barely come back with a tan as I do stuff and look around, and yet they treat me like a weirdo for not tanning all day and doing nothing. I want to ask them why they bothered going? Why not stay in England and use tanning beds because it would be cheaper. But then that, of course, would defeat the purpose wouldn't it as they wouldn't be able to tell you how much money they spent on going to an exotic location they aren't even going to look at? At least those that are actually wealthy do stuff when they are away, and good on them. It's the die-hard try-hards of society that really grate me. Who else feels like this (or not)? I used to be surrounded by them at one point, its so nice not to be anymore :)

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 11:45 am

To me it seems to be a person thing more than a class thing.
Some people try to look like what they are not no matter their class.

Ahh, it's coming across like I'm trying to contest what you are saying.
Don't mean to be quite that way.
After all, you do say this:

Quote:
I am not saying that all middle class people are like this, I am just merely referring to those that are.

But, yeah, that kind of behavior and the attitude behind it don't make those with them look real great.