Veteran

31 Aug 2009, 7:47 pm

^ :lol: Burned into my brain forever.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhmjnYKlVnM[/youtube]

NOBS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2009, 7:53 pm

^Priceless claire333, absolutely priceless!

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 11:17 am

this is...disturbing.... o.O

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 5:41 am

I don't know when I crossed into Grumpy Old territory. I know at some point I'd look at today's teenagers with what they're doing and think things like "you young'uns" or "in my day"...

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 6:06 am

Ahaseurus2000 wrote:
I don't know when I crossed into Grumpy Old territory. I know at some point I'd look at today's teenagers with what they're doing and think things like "you young'uns" or "in my day"...

Being one of the grumpelects I have no thoughts of how my generation behaved in contrast to now. I had no feelings (nor do I now) of ever belonging to any generation.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 12:43 am

"I had no feelings (nor do I now) of ever belonging to any generation."

Certainly true with my current one -.- they're so damn superficial... =.= I even consider 18s to be young and i'll be 23 by the end of October... (Yes, near Halloween :twisted: )

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 1:47 am

OK, I've done a few changes to my profile to better reflect my old grumpy man status. :P

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 5:35 am

Henriksson wrote:
OK, I've done a few changes to my profile to better reflect my old grumpy man status. :P

Although grump can be attained at almost any age, age is acquired only through age. Since I'm a grumpa it works out.

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 5:44 am

I also like it better when Enriksson is his real age on his profile.
(I'm a profiler, that's why).

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 3:15 pm

I wasn't aware that grumpy old man was a complement or that anyone would lie in order to obtain that status.

Next thing you know, people who aren't simple minded idiots are going to claim to be.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 3:36 pm

NobelCynic wrote:
I wasn't aware that grumpy old man was a complement or that anyone would lie in order to obtain that status.

Next thing you know, people who aren't simple minded idiots are going to claim to be.

Er, I think you're confused about my intent. I sometimes do theme based profiles and stuff like that. Like somebody 'claiming' to be Mussolini yet not agreeing with anything the man did. :lol:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 4:05 pm

Henriksson wrote:

LOL, you even changed your age. :lol:

I would've never guessed you to be a 17 year old grumpy kid... :chin:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 4:43 pm

NobelCynic wrote:

Voltaire died grumpy as did Vonnegut and Einstein, in his comments on human stupidity, probably expired in a cloud of grumpiness. I don't imagine Christ made wholly holey in palms and feet was totally bereft of a modicum of grumpiness. I don't mind being part of that group.

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 8:00 pm

Nobody is saying you're not a grumpy old man Sand, just that Henrikson isn't.

Sand wrote:
I don't imagine Christ made wholly holey in palms and feet was totally bereft of a modicum of grumpiness. I don't mind being part of that group.

You're not opposed to being associated with Christ? I thought you would be.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 8:24 pm

NobelCynic wrote:
Sand wrote:
I don't imagine Christ made wholly holey in palms and feet was totally bereft of a modicum of grumpiness. I don't mind being part of that group.

Christ, in general, according to the stories in the Bible (which are frequently unbelievable) seemed more or less an OK guy. He liked peace and interpersonal decency. I don't go for his "believe on me and you'll get a pass into Heaven" but in a cherry picking way he seems alright. Like Joan of Arc he seemed to be a bit schizoid but considering the culture he lived in it's not surprising he garnered a few nutty ideas. I sort of like anti-establishment characters on that basis alone. Of course, he was murdered young so he doesn't qualify as a geezer.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 9:10 pm

Sand wrote:
NobelCynic wrote:
Sand wrote:

Christ, in general, according to the stories in the Bible (which are frequently unbelievable) seemed more or less an OK guy. He liked peace and interpersonal decency. I don't go for his "believe on me and you'll get a pass into Heaven" but in a cherry picking way he seems alright. Like Joan of Arc he seemed to be a bit schizoid but considering the culture he lived in it's not surprising he garnered a few nutty ideas. I sort of like anti-establishment characters on that basis alone. Of course, he was murdered young so he doesn't qualify as a geezer.

His dad, whoever, is the original grumpy old man.