Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 10:58 am

Name says it all. Challenge my knowledge!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 11:32 am

Ok their is a monster in the game that has a loot of a a body and an bow with a frost enchantment on it, what is the monster, where is it and how do you get the quest in your journal?

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:29 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Ok their is a monster in the game that has a loot of a a body and an bow with a frost enchantment on it, what is the monster, where is it and how do you get the quest in your journal?

Sounds like your talking about the underfykte matron. The troll at dive rock, with a frost enchanted bow in it, as it ate svenja and her bow. Im not sure it is a quest, but you arrive at dive rock and get atacked and you can read the journal on dive rock, telling of the story of the underfrykte matron. Am i right?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:58 am

Starrsy wrote:
Sounds like your talking about the underfykte matron. The troll at dive rock, with a frost enchanted bow in it, as it ate svenja and her bow. Im not sure it is a quest, but you arrive at dive rock and get atacked and you can read the journal on dive rock, telling of the story of the underfrykte matron. Am i right?

Yep thats what I was saying, it is an undocumented quest so their it doesn't apear on journal. The Uderfrykte matron is suopposed to appear as a partialy invisible troll like creature, but usualy appears as totaly invisible on totaly visible.

Ok a certain Khajit village has 3 sighns of the end of the world which a mission asks to creat them,, what are they. And extra bit, what is the specialty of the town (particular plant/food/clothing).

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 12:45 pm

Ok a certain Khajit village has 3 sighns of the end of the world which a mission asks to creat them,, what are they. And extra bit, what is the specialty of the town (particular plant/food/clothing).[/quote]

I dont quite remember the town name, but its a daedric shrine quest which asks you to create the r,bassa prohecy, told by the vermin infestation, the death of the flock, and the flaming dogs at the end. Speciality is something about cheese?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 1:15 pm

Its one of my favirouts, I was sure surprised that after doing the first two Sheogorath then makes it rain flaming dogs, truly hell on earth for cat people. And yeah they a cheese museum and had a rare type of cheese, I can't remember the name either, but I know you get a staff called Wabajack that can turn a sheep into a giant crocodilian creature.

Sheogorath has also placed another staff in Cyrodiil, this one is not very good, can you remember its effect or its name?

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:45 pm

Starrsy wrote:
Ok a certain Khajit village has 3 sighns of the end of the world which a mission asks to creat them,, what are they. And extra bit, what is the specialty of the town (particular plant/food/clothing).

I dont quite remember the town name, but its a daedric shrine quest which asks you to create the r,bassa prohecy, told by the vermin infestation, the death of the flock, and the flaming dogs at the end. Speciality is something about cheese?[/quote]

Actually, it's the K'sharra prophecy. Ri'bassa is the one who tells you the first two stages of the prophecy. The town is called Border Watch.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:49 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Its one of my favirouts, I was sure surprised that after doing the first two Sheogorath then makes it rain flaming dogs, truly hell on earth for cat people. And yeah they a cheese museum and had a rare type of cheese, I can't remember the name either, but I know you get a staff called Wabajack that can turn a sheep into a giant crocodilian creature.

Sheogorath has also placed another staff in Cyrodiil, this one is not very good, can you remember its effect or its name?

I believe it's called the Staff of Everscamp. Whoever holds the staff moves very slowly and is constantly followed by four scamps who are replaced as soon as they are killed. It also can't be dropped except at a shrine that lies deep within a cave near Leyawiin.

Also, Wabbajack can transform any creature into almost any other creature. The one that's similar to a crocodile is called a daedroth.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 8:00 pm

Wabbajack is a riot!

I love Oblivion. It is almost like being inside a movie, isn't it?

I've started several characters and finished the main quest with all of them.

My first character was a big Nord swordsman... kind of like Conan the Barbarian. I did the Fighters guild and Arena quests with him.

Second character was a little Breton girl. Mages guild archmage. Far more deadly than any fighter in the game. A 70 damage area fireballs can clear out a whole room full of baddies before they can even react, especially when she's invisible and has a skeleton tagging along to distract the enemies.

Third character was a wood elf archer. Thieves guild Gray Fox. I loved sneaking into a dungeoun and sniping the Ogres with Hatred of Souls!

Fourth character was an Imperial vampire and Dark Brotherhood assasin. Again a sneak and archer.

Fifth character was again a Breton Mage. I like them the best.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 1:15 am

Oh I know, in the game their is a manuscript of people who have recently died/buried and the belongings they had when they were buried (this was in a quest to stop grave robbers). On the list was a person who was carrying such things as an enchanted short sword, a cloak, leather journal and was also carry a cursed item, can you tell me the characters name and thus how they were a parody of a well known character.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 3:19 am

Oh I remember that. Thoronir, merchant in the Imperial District (copious coinpurse) was buying goods from the grave robber. The name of the dead person was a parody on Frodo Baggins. Something like Oford Gabings.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 5:27 am

Correct.

Maybe this: a lot of the animals/monster/undead are thought to have little inteligence. Though somewhere in Cyrodiil there is evidence that this normaly thought of as uninteligent creature may have proven it wrong as it could write, had a drinking problem and even had a plan to have a bussiness. Though it's business didn't go as planned. What is the creature and the circumstances around this specific one.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 7:16 pm

i got an oblivion question.. what are the "_far" architecture meshes (eg. you have a buildingmesh01.nif and a buildingmesh01_far.nif) for? am i correct in assuming they allow buildings to be seen from afar? if so how do i set that up in the cs?

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 12:43 am

I think those are LOD meshes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_detail

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 1:29 am

Small joke for the World of Warcraft adepts too :

- Hey Kologarn, what's your favorite Elder Scrolls ?

- OOOOOBLIVION!! !

(He really says that btw)

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 6:23 am

One-Winged-Angel wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

I believe it's called the Staff of Everscamp. Whoever holds the staff moves very slowly and is constantly followed by four scamps who are replaced as soon as they are killed. It also can't be dropped except at a shrine that lies deep within a cave near Leyawiin.

Also, Wabbajack can transform any creature into almost any other creature. The one that's similar to a crocodile is called a daedroth.

I stand corrected on the Khajiit prophecy bit. But your stealing my post! lol And so is someone else that i dont remember. no offence people, can u leave question answerin to me?