Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 11:52 pm

Hmmm, well, I would relate Enlightment with Humanism, Rationalism and Empiricism, pretty much Humanism as an enlightment philosophy.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 12:10 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Oh yes, a nihilist indeed. But then again, if I am a nihilist, then why should I accept your claims about me being a nihilist? Obviously then I am not a nihilist, because you do not exist and I do not exist, therefore I am a realist because logic does not exist.

AG does not exist or AG does exist. There is no other proof than an ontological argument:

AG is either solipsist or nihilist
therefore, AG doesn't exist

AG is evil
therefore, AG exists

We must say by consensus that AG is evil, therefore AG exists. ;)

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 10:19 am

phil777 wrote:
They were uttered and used by you, therefore you should claim responsibility for what you say. (ofc you could edit those words to twist reality but that wouldn't be honourable now would it?)

Look, phil777 maybe you should stop taking the pills. I never uttered, used, wrote, typed, or anything of the sort to make those words, because language doesn't exist. So really, how can you claim that I said something using a non-existent language? You aren't making sense.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 10:27 am

greenblue wrote:
AG is evil
therefore, AG exists

We must say by consensus that AG is evil, therefore AG exists. ;)

I was hoping I was beyond good and evil. Darn.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 11:39 am

If language did not exist, i wouldn't be typing this, much less be able to read or comprehend whatever you wrote. ~­.~

And fyi, i'm not on pills, this is my "natural" odd self.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 11:52 am

phil777 wrote:
If language did not exist, i wouldn't be typing this, much less be able to read or comprehend whatever you wrote. ~­.~

And fyi, i'm not on pills, this is my "natural" odd self.

That's just what you think. Have you ever seen language not exist? No. Therefore, you have no evidence!

Sure. Maybe somebody is trying to kill you and is drugging you for that purpose. Sort of like how some people give arsenic to those they want to kill.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 12:13 pm

The non-existence of language would be somewhere below of what animals are capable of and closer to what cells do in order to communicate with each other using chemicals.... <.<

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 12:34 pm

phil777 wrote:
The non-existence of language would be somewhere below of what animals are capable of and closer to what cells do in order to communicate with each other using chemicals.... <.<

That's just what you think. Obviously though, cells don't exist, so you are just being silly.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 12:50 pm

If cells don't exist then you (and i, to a lesser extent, since i can decide otherwise) are not "here" though. Are you ok with that? ;P

In the other situation that means only you are not "here" since you don't believe you even exist. <.<

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 1:25 pm

phil777 wrote:
If cells don't exist then you (and i, to a lesser extent, since i can decide otherwise) are not "here" though. Are you ok with that? ;P

In the other situation that means only you are not "here" since you don't believe you even exist. <.<

We both aren't here. Not even you.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 1:31 pm

Realistically its all a building process. Quite often you'll have an intuitive sense of what seems to make sense and what doesn't. Through earlier life you'll find the closest approximations to what make sense, even though you'll get the idea that they can't be the best model out there as you see more and more things that bring contradiction. When you have a new idea hit or a new bit of knowledge you'd never heard before that makes a great deal of sense and is better than what you'd thought to date - yes, it feels like an epiphany. But, correctly, while you're assumptions were built on material before that was 60% correct, this new assumption just might be 60% correct or if you round out the parts of it that don't add up, it might bring your assumptions overall to 70% correct, 80% correct - ie. yes, you feel wiser but there's still a ways to go and nothing will make someone a fully-fledged know-it-all aside from a blindness to their own lack of knowledge.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 2:34 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
phil777 wrote:

We both aren't here. Not even you.

Since you're not here I can ignore you.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 3:41 pm

Sand wrote:
Since you're not here I can ignore you.

Were you literally incapable if I did exist? That seems a bit absurd.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 3:59 pm

"Lift me up out of this illusion lord. Heal my perception so that I may know only reality and only you."

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 4:03 pm

skafather84 wrote:
"Lift me up out of this illusion lord. Heal my perception so that I may know only reality and only you."

If your wish is granted you may find yourself without a God.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 4:06 pm

ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

If your wish is granted you may find yourself without a God.

ruveyn

It was a Bill Hicks quote. I find myself with no god other than myself and my perceptions and beliefs (or simply, myself). My will to manipulate my beliefs creates gods that you wish you could will to exist.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson