Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2009, 6:57 pm

Have you ever asked someone this, and then they come out with a vague reply that seems to be insinuating that you did, in fact, do something to deserve the bullying?

Like, "Oh YEAH, whatever!" or "What you DIDN'T do is the real question."

It certainly doesn't make much sense coming from someone who you hadn't even spoken to until they randomly decide they hate you and start picking on you for no apparent reason.

:?

y es como un semestre"

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2009, 9:51 pm

Since I'm 40+, it was a while back that such things happened, but I certainly remember them from my school days. My existence seemed to be sufficient reason for some people, my naivete or social cluelessness for others, and so it went.

I hear many adults are similar, but fortunately I manage to live life without much social contact with others. I have been told recently that I failed to do something, but had no idea what I was supposed to have done or how I was to know I should have done it.

Murasame
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Sep 2009, 5:05 am

I came across this a few times. What would usually happen is the 'leader' of the bullies would form their face into a really exaggerated look of shock or disgust, turn to their 'friends' and shrug their shoulders, shake their head, give a false laugh or some other sign as if to say "What a ridiculous question", then turn back to me and tell me to "F**k off you prick".

If I then asked for a specific reason I would usually be told to "Jog on", "Get out of my face" or "Don't speak to us again".

I generally tried to avoid such confrontations as I always believed it was pointless attempting to reason with bullies.

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 2:41 pm

Yep.

And the reason they don't give a real reason is because they don't have one, and they don't want to admit it. Of course, their lack of an answer is a dead-giveaway to their stupidity.

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2009, 3:37 pm

They usually don't want to give you the real answer because they simply don't care, people who engage in peer abuse are for the most part socialized sociopaths.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 7:24 pm

People like that have issues of their own, they are not happy. The reason a lot of aspies get picked on is because no-one is likely to stand up for us, and maybe also because we're not normal people, we don't need to be treated with the same respect.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 8:42 am

that has happened to me. people like that can't be reasoned with.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2009, 2:17 am

the amount of people I want to ask this question is mindbogglingly large.

One time I was in a therapy group, before I knew I had AS. Out of the blue one day one of the older women (I was in my 20s at the time, she was probably in her 40s) all of a sudden, in the time at the beginning of the day where people are allotted time to talk about a problem, launched into a diatribe about me. THis woman did not know me from adam and had only met me like the day before, yet apparently she thought I had offended her in some way. I was completely taken aback and was all "WTF?" Fortunately since it was a therapy session we could get it ironed out.