Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BlackMetalIstKrieg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Sep 2009, 11:42 am

My faith is Pagan / Hermetic. I do rituals in the styles of the Golden Dawn, Wicca, and other methodologies.

and battle forth towards a brighter dawn

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 7:52 pm

the only reason ive ever been interested in pagan belief systems is because of the importance some of the place in nature. I always feel a connection to nature, specifically in natural environments like a forest i get a liberating feeling of insignificance aswell as feeling a part of something that's infinite and feeling that it is a part of me, i also generally feel alot more relaxed yet alot more awake and focused too. its hard to explain exactly what i mean, if you've felt it you'll know it :wink:

ruveyn wrote:

I believe all that really exists is matter, energy and space.

isn't all matter essentially just energy and space? or is that the amount of matter that exists is just heavily outnumbered by energy and space? i cant remember which :?

Oregon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2009, 10:26 pm

I'm not really a pagan.. but I have alternative beliefs.

I tend to see logical patterns and connections in almost everything. I believe those patterns and connections extend to everything..

I don't really believe in gods, goddesses, heaven or hell. I do believe there may be some creature that lives on a different world or plane of existence that could appear be a god to us.. but is no more of one then you or me.

But I have seen the power of positive thinking, of people working together to do the impossible, the impacts of sacrifice, I have seen miracles and I believe our power extends beyond us and that we can draw on the strength of others when ours gives out.

I guess I watched too much Star Wars as a kid.

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 3:05 am

I'm an eclectic Wiccan :)

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 10:41 pm

I'm humanist atheist with a sort of spiritual connection with the earth. I feel pain when i kill animals or see the Earth "suffer" via tv. I do not believe the Earth or Universe itself is alive but i know that it's the reason we are here. If anything, the universe should be worshipped.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 11:33 pm

ShenLong wrote:
I'm humanist atheist with a sort of spiritual connection with the earth. I feel pain when i kill animals or see the Earth "suffer" via tv. I do not believe the Earth or Universe itself is alive but i know that it's the reason we are here. If anything, the universe should be worshipped.

What in the world do you mean by worship? Do you bang your head on the ground or beg favors from the universe? Believe me, the universe isn't listening.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 1:02 am

ShenLong wrote:

The planet is not a sentient being, hence it cannot suffer. But it can be and is abused.

ruveyn

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 1:41 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Yeah I have a deity by the name Bastet in the form of a cat statue. Sometimes I feel like the goddess herself whenever I find myself surrounded by cats in my own yard.

The guy who sold it to me said it would bring me luck. I guess what he meant was great luck in attracting cats..... :?

I got two Bastet statues in my home.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 1:50 pm

Chibi_Neko wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
Yeah I have a deity by the name Bastet in the form of a cat statue. Sometimes I feel like the goddess herself whenever I find myself surrounded by cats in my own yard.

The guy who sold it to me said it would bring me luck. I guess what he meant was great luck in attracting cats..... :?

:D

Probably one of the main reasons why I've always been into ancient egyptology and its culture....so much cat worshipping... :cat:

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 2:27 pm

Sappho's Hymn to Aphrodite

Deathless Aphrodite, whose throne is cunning
craft, ensnarer, daughter of God, I pray you,
don't subdue with torments and sorrows my heart,
Mistress, but rather

Come, if ever in the past you felt my call
from afar, and heeded it, seeping out of
the paternal abode, shining of gold, and
rapidly took off,

After harnessing your cart; sweet, quick sparrows
led you around dark landscapes, feathers densely
spinning, heavenly spheres travelling through mid
air, all the way down,

And very soon they came; you then, exalted,
with immortal countenance, smiling probed me:
what arose, that once again made me suffer,
and once again call,

What'd most desire that in the frenzied soul would
happen, who am I again being persuaded
you shall win over to your love, who, Sappho,
is misbehaving?

Now may still flee, but quickly shall run after;
now may refuse all gifts, but soon shall offer;
and, if not already in love, shall be in love soon;
willingly, or loath.

Once again come hither, and set me free, I
pray you, from distressing cares; let the yearning
soul accomplish all it vowed; and be, yourself,
my very own ally.

http://afrodite.saffo.googlepages.com/s ... odite.html

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 3:14 pm

I dont worship it. I don't believe in worship and I know the universe is not sentient or a being for that matter. I don't know how I can explain it with words. I know it and the matter, energy, and space it contains IS the reason we are here. Its kind of symbolic of a deity to me, but it isn't one.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 11:38 pm

I consider myself to be a pantheistic pagan. In other words I worship the universe as I see god and ther universe as the same thing. I don't believe in deities like wiccans or druids do, though I respect both faiths. I also can somewhat identify with eastern paths like hinduism, buddhism, and taoism.

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 12:04 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Chibi_Neko wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:

:D

Probably one of the main reasons why I've always been into ancient egyptology and its culture....so much cat worshipping... :cat:

Bast is my matron deity. I been looking for a statue for my home, but I haven't found one that really calls to me yet.

Oregon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2009, 8:43 am

ruveyn wrote:
ShenLong wrote:

The planet is not a sentient being, hence it cannot suffer. But it can be and is abused.

ruveyn

The planet is a living ecosystem. Suffer is also defined as "To have a disease or condition; To become worse" When the ecosystem is damaged, conditions become worse, so the ecosystem suffers as a result of deforestation. (random example)

Plus I am one of these silly people that believe the universe is sentient. A collective living organism that we are a part of. By definition, God is everything.. or is nothing.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 10:33 am

Oregon wrote:
The planet is a living ecosystem. Suffer is also defined as "To have a disease or condition; To become worse" When the ecosystem is damaged, conditions become worse, so the ecosystem suffers as a result of deforestation. (random example)

There are living things on the planet, but the planet is 99.99 percent rocks in various phases (solid and liquid). The living part of Earth is a very thin portion of the surface. The rest of the planet in non-sentient. And most of the living organisms on the planet are one celled organisms that are non-sentient.

Do not mistake the blue mold for the cheese.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 12 Sep 2009, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 11:18 am

ruveyn wrote:
Oregon wrote:

There are living things on the planet, but the planet is 99.99 percent rocks in various phases (solid and liquid). The living part of Earth is a very thing portion of the surface. The rest of the planet in non-sentient. And most of the living organisms on the planet are one celled organisms that are non-sentient.

Do not mistake the blue mold for the cheese.

ruveyn

again you give religious debates some much needed common sense :D
the earth is mostly iron in fact.
iron is fine, kick it, burn it, curse at it and insult its mother, iron is still fine.

the life on top of the earth is ALSO fine. we're _changing_ our environment, not erradicating it. its all an ecosystem. the day we change it too much, we go away with it. for the earth this would have been a mere quarter of a million years of... not even trouble, but rather remarkable progress.
and not even remarkable FOR anyone, since we'll all be dead, chimps will be extinct, and aliens still havent found us HA! :D