Page 7 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 12:26 pm

ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
By the way, your use of "Jew" (a noun) as an adjective reveals that you are a fulminating anti-semite. That is how we spot your kind. The adjective is "Jewish" not "Jew:.

You mean kinda like how I spotted you're a Jewish supremacist by your constant ranting about the superiority of Jews and how the "goys" mess things up?

I might be a goy, but I do know enough Yiddish to know "non-Jew" and realize that the implications are just as prejudiced as what you pointed out in the use of the noun "Jew".

The Hebrew word "goy" (plural goyim) means nation (nations) and has exactly the same meaning as the Latin based word "gentile" (pl. gentiles).

In addition to being a fulminating anti-semite you are also ignorant of languages.

ruveyn

It's synonymous with gentile and, in the context you used it previously, you meant it as gentile.

also:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ ... ref&ch=dic

First definition. The one you're trying to weasel your way out with is the archaic version of the word. The version you CLEARLY did not mean when you said that the goys in Washington were messing things up.

Edit: Also, refrain from calling me an anti-semite. It'll make it easier for me to not call you victim-boy.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2009, 4:48 am

ruveyn wrote:
AngryJessman wrote:
anyways I have major Respect for Anti Zionist Jews, may your message be blessed as it is truthful and righteous!

you're brother may be delusional or maybe he believes in Jew Supremacy, well their is always going to be supremacists around, Zionism is as bad as Nazism, this is coming from a Hungarian/German man

By the way, your use of "Jew" (a noun) as an adjective reveals that you are a fulminating anti-semite.

No, I used the word Jew as i don't live my life scrolling through the dictionary for the racially correct term "Jewish", it is simple logic why I would use the term "Jew" as many people have used it, are you trying to say Sacha Baren Cohen is an anti semite just because he uses the word "Jew"? quit being soo picky and slandering me with a title which is a lie!

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2009, 5:52 am

[quote="skafather84"]
The Hebrew word "goy" (plural goyim) means nation (nations) and has exactly the same meaning as the Latin based word "gentile" (pl. gentiles). /quote]

Gee, and I thought it meant "cattle" meaning that non Jews were animals.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2009, 5:59 am

AngryJessman wrote:

No, I used the word Jew as i don't live my life scrolling through the dictionary for the racially correct term "Jewish",

Not racial. Grammatical. Do you know the difference between a noun and an adjective?

ruveyn

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 3:18 pm

OK. There are a few problems with what your brother says:

#1. You said you are anti ZIONISM. Zionism is a political movement, not a religion. Even though most Jews are Zionists, most Zionists are actually Christians. There is a small but growing number of Jews that are against zionism.

#2. You are a Jew. You believe in Judaism. So how can you be prejudiced against Jews??

#3. This is the most important point. You can not be racist because Jews are NOT a race. There are white jews, hispanic jews, black jews, and even asian jews. And you cannot be antisemitic since most jews technically aren't semites. If someone hates Jews they are a RELIGIOUS BIGOT and not a "racist".

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 4:31 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
black jews,

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 3:40 pm

skafather84 wrote:
history_of_psychiatry wrote:
black jews,

LOL, Sammy Davis jr. I know he was a jew at one point but didn't he then become a member of Anton Lavey's church of satan??

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2009, 6:38 am

ruveyn wrote:
AngryJessman wrote:

No, I used the word Jew as i don't live my life scrolling through the dictionary for the racially correct term "Jewish",

Not racial. Grammatical. Do you know the difference between a noun and an adjective?

ruveyn

please spare me the lectures on English, as long as you understand the point of a conversion/arguement, why do you care and nitpick?

btw if you are Jewish.... blame Sacha Baren Cohen for promoting the use of the word "Jew"..... not me

also doing a quick google search I notice many anti-semites use the word "Jew",.... so I am sorry if you are Jewish and I've caused offence

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2009, 8:44 am

AngryJessman wrote:

please spare me the lectures on English, as long as you understand the point of a conversion/arguement, why do you care and nitpick?

Because I am an Aspie and that is what Aspies do.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2009, 6:08 pm

An American scientist who worked for the US defence department and the space agency Nasa has been charged with attempted espionage, officials say.

Stewart David Nozette tried to give classified information to a person who he believed was an Israeli intelligence officer, the justice department said.

The 52-year-old, who once had top security clearance, was arrested on Monday by FBI agents, it added.

The complaint does not allege Israel or anyone acting for it violated US law.

Mr Nozette, who is expected to appear in court in Washington on Tuesday, faces a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted.

"The conduct alleged in this complaint is serious and should serve as a warning to anyone who would consider compromising our nation's secrets for profit," said US Assistant Attorney-General David Kris.

According to an affidavit, Mr Nozette worked at the White House on the National Space Council from 1989 to 1990, where he developed a radar experiment that purportedly discovered water on the moon.

He then spent 10 years at the Department of Energy's Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where he designed highly advanced technology.

In 2000, he set up a company that developed advanced technology for the US government, including for the Pentagon and Nasa.

"From 1989 through 2006, Nozette held security clearances as high as Top Secret and had regular, frequent access to classified information and documents related to the US national defence," the justice department said in a statement.

Last month, Mr Nozette was contacted by an undercover FBI agent posing as an Israeli intelligence officer, whom he allegedly told he would be willing to regularly answer questions about classified information in exchange for money and an Israeli passport.

Over the course of the next month, the scientist provided letters with answers containing information "classified as both Top Secret and Secret that concerned US satellites, early warning systems, means of defence or retaliation against large-scale attack, communications intelligence information, and major elements of defence strategy", the justice department said.

In return, Mr Nozette accepted cash totalling $11,000, it added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8315538.stm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Israel has had more spies infiltrate our government than the USSR did.

/friends don't spy on friends

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2009, 11:06 pm

ruveyn wrote:
AngryJessman wrote:

Because I am an Aspie and that is what Aspies do.

ruveyn

Now that you mention that I'd probably do the same thing ha ha

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Oct 2009, 12:52 pm

I am Anti Zionist and I do not hate Jews.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2009, 4:12 pm

skafather84 wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Israel has had more spies infiltrate our government than the USSR did.

/friends don't spy on friends

Produce some statistics to back that assertion.

ruveyn

showman616
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2009, 8:39 pm

Im in a similiar philosophical jam.
Im a wasp gentile.
When I was lke in jr. high I wondered aloud one day why the jews needed their own country- and if they did need their own country why couldnt theyve carved it out of some coastal stretch of the Australian Outback instead from a place that already had people?

My sister reprimanded me for being anti-semitic. I protested that I was "anti-zionist' not anti-jewish. She insisted that those things are one and the same.

So I caved and just kept my mouth shut about it for decades around jews and gentiles alike.

But now my girl friend keeps sounding off on the oppisite point of view. She finnally got me to admit that I thought that "giving the jews Israel is like Sid Ceasar proving he is descended from Julius Ceasar, and then expecting the world to give him the throne of all of the modern nations that were once of part of the Roman Empire".

So, does that make me an anti-jewish bigot?

I dont know.

But there is an interesting wrinkle to the question.

When the state of Israel was first formed in the late fourties- it angered the orthodox jews who considered this new state to be "a blasphemy". god was supposed to recreat Isreal-not man.

Within a few years -the orthodox decided that "the state of Israel is a reality so why fight it" and now the orthodox are the most organized political interest group in Israel.

But- one orthodox splinter group remains anti-zionist.

Some of them live in Israel where they call themselves "Palestinian Jews"- because they agree wih the Arabs that there is no state of Israel.

So apparently it is possible to be a Jew, and not be a Zionist!

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 5:55 am

I am a Jew, and I am a Zionist.

That does not mean that I support the actions and policies of the government of Israel. That does not mean that I do not support the creation of a Palestinian State.

But it must not be forgotten that Israel is a Parliamentary democracy. Arabs sit in the Knesset. Arabs have risen to the highest levels of the public service and to the Cabinet. Granted, the presence of Arabs at the highest level is the exception rather than the rule, but one can well suppose that the position of Arabs within Israeli society is considerably better advanced than the position of Jews in Syria, Iran, or Saudi Arabia.

Lebanon offered a glimpse of what might have been possible in a multicultural state. I lament the decline of that once remarkable country.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 12:11 am

protest_the_hero wrote:
Zionism is completely based on racial nationalism. The idea of "God's chosen people" is racism disguised in religion. Without the religious claims behind it, zionism would have no moral justification at all. As far as I'm concerned, zionism has no moral justification at all. I blame the media for all these irrational views imposed on us.

"God's chosen people" is a concept which is misunderstood not only by the majority of people in the world but even the majority of jews in the world.

It is not a proclaimation that jews in any sense of the word are somehow above everyone else in the eyes of God. It is to be taken in the sense that the Israelites were chosen to follow a bunch of rules, while everyone else only had to follow a few.

That being said, the Israelites, and modern jews, were not and are not a race. In fact, the Israelites out of Egypt were a heterogeneous group and "aliens" amongst them were required to follow the same laws as natural born Israelites, and it's likely that these aliens were absorbed into the group.

Modern day zionists may feel more justified in their battle by the promise in the Torah, but that takes a back seat to the current conflict between Israel and Palestine today.

Your average young Israeli is secular, likes going to the movies, going to the beach, hanging out with friends, and shopping. They also hate being blown up and bombed.

Your average young Palestinian would like to go to the movies, would like to go to the beach, and would like to hang out with friends, and also hates being blown up and bombed.

You see in this context the past, and who started what, is actually irrelevant. Most Israelis were born in Israel and Israel is all they know. It's their home. Most Palestinians were born in the same region, it's all they know, and it's also their home. Most of them, Israeli and Palestinian are just unwitting pawns stuck on a battle field having to fight a battle neither of them really would rather not have to fight.