Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 12:58 pm

I am 50 now. I last wore a wrist watch when I was 13. I didn't like the feel of it touching my skin. I remember the watch band having a clasp. And, I would open it, close it, open it, close it, ...

I had the same issue with my wedding band. I would constantly twirl it on my finger, take it off, put it on, twirl it, etc. My wife constantly told me to stop playing with it. I couldn't help it. One day, I looked down, and it was missing. That solved that problem. 8O

By the way, I have an internal clock in my head. Because I didn't wear a watch, I became pretty good at estimating time. That "skill" is no longer needed as I carry a clock (aka phone) with me constantly.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 1:15 pm

I sometime work in a high powered electromagnetic environment so wearing any kind of metal on my body is a big NO NO. Besides. Who need to wear a watch when I can use my cell phone as a pocket watch.

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 1:30 pm

I don't like wrist watches. I like pocket watches though.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 1:53 pm

Seems to be a common problem with us, doesn't it? We must have overly sensitive skin.
I love wrist watches, and wore one when younger, but the metal irritates my skin. I especially like the older mechanical type, and also pocket watches. The Missus started making Steam Punk jewelry so I went on Ebay and bought some old watches to disassemble for parts. But I had to tuck 2 of them away, because they were just too beautiful to take apart.