Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 3:02 am

Sand wrote:
Sati wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
What a waste of good money that could be spent on humans and educating and feeding humans instead.

That's preposterous. Non-human animals need help just as much, if not more, than humans (going by numbers alone the cruelty committed against animals is a much larger problem). And what's more, they cannot speak for themselves - we HAVE to be their voice.

I am in total sympathy with your feelings but the hatred and contempt that a huge number of humans feel for their fellow Earth residents is daunting. Here in Helsinki people scream at me when I throw a few peanuts to pigeons or sparrows who need something to eat. And the law is on their side.

I ignore their hate - I have no problem being hated for standing up for something I believe in. I received a warning for feeding stray cats once, because the property owner had no idea how the dynamics of a feral cat society actually work. I continued to feed and TNR, and did not receive further notices. The hatred always stems from ignorance.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 5:31 am

I feel sorry for metropolitan peoples; they probably share the same sentiments as you.
Lest not forget people are manimals too! :D

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 5:40 am

Sand wrote:
I am in total sympathy with your feelings but the hatred and contempt that a huge number of humans feel for their fellow Earth residents is daunting. Here in Helsinki people scream at me when I throw a few peanuts to pigeons or sparrows who need something to eat. And the law is on their side.

Pigeons are filthier than rats. The spread disease.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 7:43 am

ruveyn wrote:
Sand wrote:

Pigeons are filthier than rats. The spread disease.

ruveyn

The major disease spreaders are people. Once we can get rid of them, pigeons and rats can have a cleaner planet.

I have had close contacts with pigeons and rats (both as pets and wild) since the age of about 10 and never suffered any infection from the contact. On the other hand people have given me chicken pox, measles, and innumerable bouts with colds and flu and sexual diseases and one rather uncomfortable session with crabs.

Beyond that, probably a very high percentage of major human maladies have been combated with the aid of our friend the rat and beyond that a pigeon received the Victoria Cross for its life saving activities. See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... onour.html

b9
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 10:56 am

rats are not dirty.
mice are not dirty.
they often eat the filthy garbage that humans dump.

that may make them dirty but they are not born that way. if there were no humans, then rats and mice would eat wholesome things.

i have a family of 8 mice (that live freely outside somewhere) and they are very clean and they do not produce many offspring.

they are aware of the availability of food that i provide and they reproduce only when they think that there is enough food for an extra mouth.

they do not automatically reproduce in plague proportions unless there is an unlimited supply of food.

i love my mice. they come up my back steps at dusk every day, and they trust me. they are so small and they know i am their friend.
i give them bits of bread and i walk down the balcony steps and put out some meusli for them to eat.
i do not give them bread every day because it may be bad for them.
i also feed them bird seed which is very nutritious for them

sometimes i wait a small while to give my mice their food and i study what they do while they are waiting.
they lick themselves and they are fastidiously clean little animals.
their fur is shiny and their eyes are bright and they are healthy and i am happy about that.

i am seriously ragged in my appraisal of someone who cannot see the gorgeous innocence of a mouse.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 5:29 pm

greenblue wrote:

Quote:
sex

A more especific answer would belong to the adult forum :p

Well darn, now you got me curious.