Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 12:54 am

so my bf told me the other day when i was at the haircut for him, sittin there next to him rocking and staring into the lights, that he didnt worry about me cuz i never get bored, and i was like oh yea? and he was like yea i wish i never get bored, i get bored while walking, which he does and for the life of me cant find out why :? . its funny that i think of it though, i really dont ever get bored, it can happen, but i would say a good 80% of the time i dont get bored, because there are times i can and do get bored jus not really a lot. is anybody else like that, not really ever getting bored :?:

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 1:03 am

I'm never bored. I have a lot of thoughts, so even if I don't have my computer, books, iPod, or anything else, I can stare into space and think about stuff for a long time without getting bored.

y es como un semestre"

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 1:23 am

I'm bored at work. Sitting in an office, a lul between two projects, and not being able to read a book or play a video game, because wasting time while pretending to be busy or even just staring at your screen is completely acceptable, while wasting time while doing something fun is very much frowned upon.

So I'm bored.

I can't say that I've ever been bored when I'm not at work. There's always so much to do and to learn and to experience!

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 1:28 am

Dilbert wrote:
I'm bored at work. Sitting in an office, a lul between two projects, and not being able to read a book or play a video game, because wasting time while pretending to be busy or even just staring at your screen is completely acceptable, while wasting time while doing something fun is very much frowned upon.

I know what you mean. At school, the teachers often let the other kids slack off and chatter when they're supposed to be working, but the minute I open a book because I've finished my work, it's all, "GINA, get on with your work!" They never listen when I explain that I've finished, or point out the hypocrisy of letting the other kids do what they damn well please. :roll:

y es como un semestre"

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 1:32 am

Don't get bored.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 1:45 am

Same as Dilbert. Right now my job feels exactly like a torture designed by some evil minds, my parents. There's everything I despise. I have to be nice to customers, can't do what I want, sometimes trying to fight boredom I go overboard with internet surfing giving me headeache and on top of that it's one week that there are workers in the shop next to me making awful noise. I always carry with me my PSP and DS but never use them because I feel guilty, it seems like a lack of respect for customers, but honestly I'm fed up, I think soon I'll just start ignoring what people may think and do 100 % what's best for me. Outside work life is a funny playground.

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 2:27 am

The only times I get bored is when I don't want to listen to something I have to, e.g. in school. In certain subjects, I don't really care about the information they're bringing over. But I know if I don't listen to it, it will have negative consequences.

On the other hand, I can easily wait half an hour for the bus without getting bored, or I can just sit in my chair while thinking and not being bored at all.

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 2:36 am

Only times I get bored is when I try to find something to entertain myself with and don't find anything. That might be the problem. ;)

Hmmmn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2009, 5:51 am

Nope, never bored. Always something needing done, fits in well with the restlessness.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 7:12 am

Years ago I worked at the front desk of a hotel. During slow times I was expected to stand at attention in my s**t brown polyester uniform even if the lobby was completely empty. They got upset if I did a crossword puzzle or read a novel. I get bored if I'm in a situation where I'm expected to pay attention to nothing but I can't just let my mind wander. I probably could have taken it if I could have just sat down.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 8:28 am

Age1600 wrote:
is anybody else like that, not really ever getting bored :?:

Yep.
I've forgotten what boredom is.
I'm not sure I've ever truly felt it like other people seem to.
I mean, how can I be bored when the CLOUDS AND TREES ARE SO AWESOME!! !!

ahem, excuse me.
You get the point.
I can seriously stare out the window for hours on end and not get bored.
There is always something in my environment that seems to captivate me.
I've felt that way since I was a kid, and it's never stopped.

Some would say I'm easily amused. I prefer to think of it as having the perceptual gates of my mind open a bit wider. Hard to be bored when all kinds of beautiful things keep streaming in.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Sep 2009, 8:45 am

I am rarely bored. There's is always something to do, and even when there isn't, I have my mind to entertain me.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 9:51 am

Acacia wrote:

Quote:
I mean, how can I be bored when the CLOUDS AND TREES ARE SO AWESOME!! !!

:) I've really been noticing clouds lately. Ive seen a few that I couldn't figure out how they were formed-one looked like I was looking up underneath the corner of a maze-kind of geometric-I was driving so I couldn't give it too much attention. I never get tired of watching water. I wonder if there is a screen saver like that?

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Sep 2009, 10:06 am

Quoting Aimless:

Quote:
I've really been noticing clouds lately. Ive seen a few that I couldn't figure out how they were formed-one looked like I was looking up underneath the corner of a maze-kind of geometric-I was driving so I couldn't give it too much attention. I never get tired of watching water. I wonder if there is a screen saver like that?

My kids had a very interesting experience with clouds the other day. They were out back in the cemetery and noticed that there was only one cloud in the blue sky. They thought it was odd for the entire sky to have only one cloud and commented on that to each other. Almost immediately the cloud broke up into four or five separate smaller clouds. They were amazed and said to each other how amazing it was for the cloud to break up into separate clouds. Again, almost immediately, the clouds joined together and became one cloud again. Now my little grandson wants to take his sleeping bag out there and lie down on the grass and watch the clouds.

Cloud Screen Saver - Free

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 10:15 am

Cool. I saw one that had the bottom curved upward like leaves at the bottom of a head of cauliflower (it was a cumulus). What struck me was the regularity of it and I was wondering how the currents of air could do that . Saw a cloud on a sunny day that had a broad swatch of the spectrum underneath. It had not rained for a few days . My brother who is more knowledgeable about science than I said it was because of ice crystals, even though it was July.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 12:59 pm

I sure wish I didn't get bored. Life would be a lot easier. And to other people - please don't tell me "but there's plenty of work to do" when I'm bored. Tedious uninteresting work doesn't cure boredom, it makes it worse.