Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Redeagle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2009, 1:37 pm

I have a buddy of mine whos getting divorced from his wife of about three years. My friend is a guy and he only dates asian girls. He married because of the girls race, that was it, and now he's crying a river into his beer. He finaly realized the girl he married was crazy but he ignored her faults because she was asian. Everyone told him she would cheat on him and low and behold guess what he found when he came home early one day.

Its a pet peave of mine when people date purley because of race and not because they like the person. A few of my friends do this, one gal dates arabs exclusivly despite the fact none of them want her for a wife and treat her like crap. I really like her but she refused to go out with me because I'm not exotic enough (We native Americans are so common :roll: ). Another refuses to even consider people who aren't from her Tribe in Nigeria. And of course my now divorced aformentioned friend. I'm not against interracial dating, if its ok with you than go ahead and give it a try. Its just to me that if you date someone just because they fit your race fantasy and ignore people who really care about you because they aren't from race (fill in the blank) your just being an idiot. If you love someone thats fine with me but if your dating or getting hitched just because your partner is exotic and thats it seems like lunacy to me.

Well alot of people think i'm way out of line on this. I am the product of a loving marriage between an cherokee mother and a scotish/1/8 cherokee father so i'm most definatly not agianst it. My cousin is married to a wonderfull gal from belieze and they have two great kids (hell I was in his wedding). None of this matters to some of my friends. So when I tell them my opinon of their new boyfriend/girlfriend (they ask) and I answer honestly, they get real upset and angry at me. But three or four months latter they get dumped and i'm there shoulder to cry on.

I don't know I'm I way out of line here?

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 2:05 pm

I definitely agree with not dating someone purely b/c they are of or are not of a certain race (though I have never dated). I choose my friends (few & far between) based on who they are. I've had white, black, asian, eskimo, mixed, gay, straight, bisexual, etc. The only characteristic of mine that might sound odd is I prefer to be around people with darker (preferably dark brown or black) eyes (though I have had many light/particularly blue eyed friends). Might sound odd (though I don't know if in my case it is racist or odd) I've ended up noticing that besides a person's disposition (if they are nice, relaxed, easy going, etc.) their eye color makes it easier or harder for me to even try & maintain eye contact (its worse with a nasty blue eyed person rather than a nasty dark eyed person, I have no idea why :?). My whole immediate family has light eyes, so I'm not sure if my issue is psychosomatic (in my head :?) Part of this is probably b/c I can see (at least partially) through the iris of a fair eyed (I mean really fair, blue-clear or grey-clear mostly) individual. This just makes me really uneasy/panicky. Just out of curiosity anyone else have this issue once in awhile? Though I have not chosen friends based on eye color ever. You are not out of line. Though I've noticed most people (I men NT's I've met) do not like to hear the truth (sometimes I think they want you to lie & tell them what they want to hear rather than the truth). Though this observation may just have been on my part due to the people I've met as of now.