Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

d057
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 2:06 pm

One of the things that really upset me about people I've had in the past is how they really can't handle the truth. People are frightened by the fact that I tell them like it is. When they are doing something that I really don't like, I am going to tell them so. I am going to be as serious and to the point as I can when they do something that I don't like. I also hate it when "friends" just tolerate me or avoid me. I wish they would just tell me that they want nothing to do with me instead of ignoring me or avoiding me.

I made a new blog from wordpress.com that explained this in more detail as best as I could.

http://dwarren57.wordpress.com/2009/09/ ... ng-myself/

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 2:12 pm

Join the club

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 9:11 pm

Yeah, that's normal. Also, if you have 'friends' who are nice but just kind of tolerate you being around, they aren't friends. That's just a step up from total strangers.

But they do not have me

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Sep 2009, 12:44 am

I have no say on honesty but my friend ignores/only tolerates me sometimes. He doesn't want me hanging out with him during lunch so I am force to work on homework in the libary since I have nowhere to go. I would say that the person who does that isn't a true friend, he or she is just an acquaintance. Although I am desperate enough to try to make it work.

d057 wrote:
I wish they would just tell me that they want nothing to do with me instead of ignoring me or avoiding me.

Same here! I even asked him a million times to tell me if he wants nothing to do with me. I knew him since 5th grade (I'm in 11th now), IDK if he would just stop speaking with me altogether. Our parents also know each other to make matters complicated. Good luck lol, I'm still trying to deal with this.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2009, 12:12 pm

Exactly, I don't understand why people have the need to be phonies because that's what most people are. I'm not going to lie and say I like someone if I don't, I'll right out and say that I think they suck if I feel that way about them. If people are pissed off by something I did and still act like there is nothing wrong to my face, I hate that. I'd be much happier if they told me why they were mad at me instead of avoiding the issue and acting like nothing is wrong. How am I suppose to know? The problem cannot be solved until everyone is honest.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2009, 1:05 pm

You don't have to tell me twice.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

d057
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 8:02 pm

I am honest to show that I really care about someone. A true friend is an honest person who accepts you for who you are, and will help you with whatever your problems may be.

Nyceane
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2009, 7:26 pm

I just do it anyway, to push their buttons and one day they can be fed up with me...

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2009, 1:14 am

Truth and honesty above all else. If they can't take it they're the weak ones. No compromise, no quarter.

The more they try to blame it on me the more vicious I become. If they sincerely appreciate the help then that's different.