Is being considered MR a bad thing???

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2009, 4:13 pm

^ I don't think they provide much of an explanation or description of what's required. Once someone gets what the task involves, then they can probably answer a few questions. If they don't, then they might remain stuck at the beginning.

I got tested last week and was extremely fatigued; so much so that the person offered to get me a pillow! The person noted that it might affect the result, as well as my expressive language difficulties; however, I think I did very well anyway (but haven't received the result yet).

Chief__
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2009, 5:46 pm

mgran wrote:
I've just realised that MR must mean "mentally ret*d."

You do realise that the fact you can contribute to a discussion board, and write coherent English is, in itself, proof that you are not mentally ret*d?

I'm sorry that you've had this slap bang wrong diagnoses stuck on you. Ignore it. It's not you. It's how you responded when flat out exhausted, on one occasion.

Don't worry. Since you are obviously not MR, this diagnoses won't count for anything.

english is not even my first language,i speak greek,proof that i am not MR

the thing is the psychologists did not know i was so exhausted and so sleepy they just throw me the test,but i was the stupid one who didn't tell them i was so sleepy and i just couldn't do complex acts in my mind
but i think it was God's will because if i didn't fail this test i would never learn that i am autistic

i am in a dilemma
should i tolerate being considered something that i am not???or should i change my profile???
(p.s.i finished the iqtest.dk in 28 minutes(i did it one and a half year after), in the army-i did the same test 1 1/2 year before sleep deprived i haven't even managed to finish 3 questions because of my sleep deprivation i mean 39 minutes passed and i haven't even managed to finish it)

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 2:19 am

Yes, you should try to correct matters. If they are going to give you work that's too easy for you because they think your academic abilities are lower than they actually are, then you'll just end up bored and frustrated. As little as IQ matters, when you want to do something complex and they think you can't do it, you can miss out on opportunities.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 2:41 am

The fact that you were doing the test in a second language would also skew the results against you. I think if it bothers you, you should redo the test.

Just to let you know, someone posted a link on here to an online test, which I've just taken... and it came back telling me I have an IQ of 80! These things are very unreliable.