Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 7:05 am

I want my summer back.... :(

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 9:20 am

TitusLucretiusCarus wrote:
why is it the US celebrates this time of year and not may? I'm sure I've seen why before but I can't remember.

May is the month the Commies, Pinkos and Reds celebrate.

ruveyn

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 9:24 am

So where is the Wonderful World the Proles are supposed to bring to us?

You know what I think? Give the Proles something eat, something to drink and something to schtupp and they will be happy Proles. The Proles are yet to do something Great. History is made by talented and ambitious individuals, no Proles marching in lock step.

What have the Proles given us? A lot of discarded beer bottle in the bleechers, that's what.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 9:52 am

ruveyn wrote:

You know what I think? Give the Proles something eat, something to drink and something to schtupp and they will be happy Proles. The Proles are yet to do something Great. History is made by talented and ambitious individuals, no Proles marching in lock step.

What have the Proles given us? A lot of discarded beer bottle in the bleechers, that's what.

ruveyn

It's like talking about air. Air does nothing great but try living without it. A world full of geniuses would be hell on wheels.

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 10:32 am

uh oh, I feel a Tyler Durden quote coming on...."Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... f**k with us."

The 'proles' as you put it, have but the world as we say it today - our sweat, our blood - all the wars we fought and still fight, all the homes we've put up and buildings we've torn down, every toilet bleached every floor cleaned - that's us doing all the real work which isn't seen in the ayn randian masturbatory fantasy world of financial giants.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 11:03 am

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

You sound like a character called "The Beast". His philosophy is summed up as follows: "The City went to me in a landslide, and you know why? Because all it wants is decent television, a bit of spare change for booze, and a blowjob every Saturday night."

Not wrong in the least but the problem is when you start forgetting what Sand is pointing out to you that you start to screw yourself over. Cutting off your fingers despite your hands, so to speak.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 11:05 am

TitusLucretiusCarus wrote:
The 'proles' as you put it, have but the world as we say it today - our sweat, our blood - all the wars we fought and still fight, all the homes we've put up and buildings we've torn down, every toilet bleached every floor cleaned - that's us doing all the real work which isn't seen in the ayn randian masturbatory fantasy world of financial giants.

The proles are pawns who are easily manipulated into doing whatever is needed.

I mean all it took was 9/11 to completely throw out the remainders of the constitution and give up any kind of privacy rights.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 11:09 am

skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

You sound like a character called "The Beast". His philosophy is summed up as follows: "The City went to me in a landslide, and you know why? Because all it wants is decent television, a bit of spare change for booze, and a blowjob every Saturday night."

Not wrong in the least but the problem is when you start forgetting what Sand is pointing out to you that you start to screw yourself over. Cutting off your fingers despite your hands, so to speak.

I am not sure what ruveyn's tastes might be but I wonder if he might enjoy what the Beast prescribed.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 11:32 am

Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I am not sure what ruveyn's tastes might be but I wonder if he might enjoy what the Beast prescribed.

You misunderstand...he's basically repeating what the beast said...except sub out blowjob in place of schtupp.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 11:43 am

skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

You misunderstand...he's basically repeating what the beast said...except sub out blowjob in place of schtupp.

And my point as not to demean ruveyn but to deny that any human would enjoy good TV a bit of alcohol and an interesting sexual experience because of some sort of intellectual superiority is total hypocrisy. I am not counting myself out of the calculation. What is repulsive to me about ruveyn's attitude in general is his huge arrogant contempt for the bulk of humanity to justify his openly stated callous selfishness.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 11:58 am

Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

And my point as not to demean ruveyn but to deny that any human would enjoy good TV a bit of alcohol and an interesting sexual experience because of some sort of intellectual superiority is total hypocrisy. I am not counting myself out of the calculation. What is repulsive to me about ruveyn's attitude in general is his huge arrogant contempt for the bulk of humanity to justify his openly stated callous selfishness.

I think his point is more that it doesn't control him and isn't the sole focus of his existence like it is for many of the "proles". And I'm with him on that...while I enjoy a good time in bed, I'm not jumping (spanish pronounciation) on anything that'll have me.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 12:08 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I think his point is more that it doesn't control him and isn't the sole focus of his existence like it is for many of the "proles". And I'm with him on that...while I enjoy a good time in bed, I'm not jumping (spanish pronounciation) on anything that'll have me.

And to assume that all people classified as laborers are equally non-discriminatory in their sexual preferences is merely outrageous arrogance and unjustified contempt.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 12:09 pm

Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

And to assume that all people classified as laborers are equally non-discriminatory in their sexual preferences is merely outrageous arrogance and unjustified contempt.

Obesity in the US hasn't slowed down the birthrates.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 12:16 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

And to assume there is a scarcity of fat intellectually accomplished people is to make an unwarranted assumption.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 12:23 pm

Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

And to assume there is a scarcity of fat intellectually accomplished people is to make an unwarranted assumption.

No, but the fat ones who breed normally aren't the intellectual sorts and are normally more the trailer trash sort.

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 12:24 pm

Quote:
The proles are pawns who are easily manipulated into doing whatever is needed.

I mean all it took was 9/11 to completely throw out the remainders of the constitution and give up any kind of privacy rights.

those rights weren't written by us - and those rights already presuppose our inequality. Yes we've been used and abused, but to say we've simply sat by all this time is to forget that we, the proletarians ended the First World War by driving out the Kaiser and smashing Tsarism, that we toppled the Stalinist regimes of eastern europe, that we fought to extend suffrage beyond the insipid property qualifications of the 19th and 20th centuries, that we came within a hair of destroying Mao and spilt our blood at Tianenman. I could probably find more examples given time.