Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 9:33 am

The sound of drying paint, played as background music.

ruveyn

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 10:57 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
lots of free food, drinks and coffee from Starbucks, especially Pumpkin/Cream Cheese muffins. People have always noticed I am more interested in the food than the socializing so my event would be named, Come For The Food Only, and I'd put that on the RSVP invitation only event. That way no one can say, "you're not here to see us, you're just here for the food", which really gets on my nerves. So what if the food's good and I like to eat more than I like talking to people who are rude, anyway? If someone's there who is genuine and nice, yeah, I'll talk to them.

I second the Cream Cheese muffins.

"Come for the food only."

I like it.
It might mean that I could actually reach the sausage rolls without being intercepted by random people talking about...nothing, or thinking that I'm available.

I've spent many an event trying to eat the peanuts wishing that everyone else would keep the noise down so that I could eat quietly in peace.

I have spent many minutes contemplating whether I should eat the crisps or the cheese and pineapple first. I've spent much of my time in fact many happy hours alone at the buffet eating and in the company of twig-lets.

PhilipTraum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2009, 1:48 pm

No bright or fluorescent lights. I prefer to work/be under well-shaded lamps or red light bulbs, or even by candle, but that might be going too far. No loud or disorganized noises or noisome activities. Twilight or nighttime. Controlled temperature, 50's or 60's.