Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 10:06 am

How would I respond to being a slave? I would endure and abide and await the opportunity to cut Master's throat while he is asleep.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 10:11 am

ruveyn wrote:
How would I respond to being a slave? I would endure and abide and await the opportunity to cut Master's throat while he is asleep.

ruveyn

If masters weren't quite aware of that attitude slavery wouldn't have lasted a week. It lasted for centuries and still operates in various parts of the world including a few instances in the USA.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 10:29 am

Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

If masters weren't quite aware of that attitude slavery wouldn't have lasted a week. It lasted for centuries and still operates in various parts of the world including a few instances in the USA.

Well, I think the issue is that masters will tend to use less intrusive means of keeping peace. I mean, having gangs of people protecting them is just impossible, so what is needed is just making this task difficult, and making it suicidal. For ruveyn to kill his master would be the same as committing suicide, as other slaveholders will punish that slave and the loved ones of that slave terribly, and at least kill the slave that killed the master.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 10:31 am

Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Do you mean the legalized prostitution in Nevada, or do you mean working for fast food?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 10:33 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Well, I think the issue is that masters will tend to use less intrusive means of keeping peace. I mean, having gangs of people protecting them is just impossible, so what is needed is just making this task difficult, and making it suicidal. For ruveyn to kill his master would be the same as committing suicide, as other slaveholders will punish that slave and the loved ones of that slave terribly, and at least kill the slave that killed the master.

If revenge is impossible, then one must escape if and when he can. In the means time, the slave does his work miserably and inefficiently. Let Master hire ten overseers to get work out of one slave.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 10:59 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Do you mean the legalized prostitution in Nevada, or do you mean working for fast food?

See http://www.iabolish.org/slavery_today/usa/index.html

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 11:22 am

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Ah, smuggling and illegal prostitution.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 12:19 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Evidently you didn't read the material.

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 12:24 pm

Since I'm a spitefull bastard I'd kill all who clamied to own me in the worst way I could think of and have time to do, burn down their house and then escape/commit suicide (if escape was impossible). Unless I actually liked the people, then I'd view it more as a family relation.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 12:30 pm

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I read some of the archives, http://www.iabolish.org/slavery_today/usa/states.html no I didn't read them all though, too much to read.

Apparently there are also cases of forced labor other than prostitution, but most of it is smuggling and prostitution.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 12:56 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I read some of the archives, http://www.iabolish.org/slavery_today/usa/states.html no I didn't read them all though, too much to read.

Apparently there are also cases of forced labor other than prostitution, but most of it is smuggling and prostitution.

Exactly. There are quite a few cases of illegal immigrants forced to do work without payment which fits the classical concept of slavery although forced prostitution is not exactly exempt from the idea.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 2:12 pm

Did anyone respond yet with:

Ol' man river,
Dat ol' man river
He mus'know sumpin'
But don't say nuthin',
He jes'keeps rollin'
He keeps on rollin' along.

He don' plant taters/tators,
He don't plant cotton,
An' dem dat plants'em
is soon forgotten,
But ol'man river,
He jes keeps rollin'along.

You an'me, we sweat an' strain,
Body all achin' an' racket wid pain,
Tote dat barge!
Lif' dat bale!
Git a little drunk
An' you land in jail.

Ah gits weary
An' sick of tryin'
Ah'm tired of livin'
An' skeered of dyin',
But ol' man river,
He jes'keeps rolling' along.

[Colored folks work on de Mississippi,
Colored folks work while de white folks play,
Pullin' dose boats from de dawn to sunset,
Gittin' no rest till de judgement day.
or musical part]

Don't look up
An' don't look down,
You don' dast make
De white boss frown.
Bend your knees
An'bow your head,
An' pull date rope
Until you' dead.)

Let me go 'way from the Mississippi,
Let me go 'way from de white man boss;
Show me dat stream called de river Jordan,
Dat's de ol' stream dat I long to cross.

O' man river,
Dat ol' man river,
He mus'know sumpin'
But don't say nuthin'
He jes' keeps rollin'
He keeps on rollin' along.

Long ol' river forever keeps rollin' on...

He don' plant tater,
He don' plant cotton,
An' dem dat plants 'em
Is soon forgotten,
but ol' man river,
He jes' keeps rollin' along.

Long ol' river keeps hearing dat song.
You an' me, we sweat an' strain,
Body all achin an' racked wid pain.
Tote dat barge!
Lif' dat bale!
Git a little drunk
An' you land in jail.

Ah, gits weary
An' sick of tryin'
Ah'm tired of livin'
An' skeered of dyin',
But ol' man river,
He jes'keeps rollin' along!

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Vana
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2009, 7:00 pm

Liberty or death and that is that.

I wouldn't take being a slave at all, that's how I'd take it!

Actually I wrote a short philosophy article on this topic which I think is really nice writing for me, I'll remember to post it shortly.

Oregon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2009, 8:09 pm

How would I respond to being a slave?

Yes, dear... anything you say love
Ohh I understand, you have a headache.
No, let me get that for you..
:lol:

Carlofirst
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Sep 2009, 7:22 am

The correct question of course would be: how do we respond to being a slave?
We are slaves. We must work, we must be politically correct, we must pursue superficial happiness. If we don't, we do not have food, shelter and social acceptance.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 8:54 am

Carlofirst wrote:
The correct question of course would be: how do we respond to being a slave?
We are slaves. We must work, we must be politically correct, we must pursue superficial happiness. If we don't, we do not have food, shelter and social acceptance.

The necessity of expending effort to support our lives is NOT slavery. It is necessity dictated by Nature, not by man. If we lived alone on a desert island we (each of us) would still have to labor to obtain the necessities of life.

While many people labor at tasks and jobs YOU consider tedious and substandard, most of them do not have gun pointed to their heads nor a lash laid across their flesh. They work, they labor, they are NOT slaves.

The notion of the "wage slave" is a concept stolen by the Marxists to discredit the capitalist system. In point of fact, industrialization did away with chattel slavery.

ruveyn