great. im liking a girl online again.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 12:27 pm

an old online-friend from my teens, we've chatted on and off often with years in between, always kindova flirty-platonic thing

now she seems way less protective of herself towards me, and more open, we've never talked as variedly as lately, and learned that we have a lot in common, suddenly it feels like we've known deeply for ages. we have known for a long time, but only on the surface.

she likes me, i dunno how much, and mentions a visit as "not impossible".
(i suspect she may be aspie as well, she has a lot of that mindset and relation to people.)

i dunno what to make of it tho.
she may get back into some relationship any time she wants to, all the way in another country. i never liked liking someone....

im not so much looking for advice here
since i most likely wont follow any advice given anyway (tell her you love her. no. stop talking to her. no. see? anything in between? allready doing it :D)
just venting...

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2009, 12:45 pm

I actually think I know how you feel, although I've never exactly been there. I know that feeling of suspension though, that you get when you think "what if...", and the tension you get in your body and brain from involuntarily thinking about someone, and catching yourself smiling for no good reason....

Whenever I've fallen in love it's like I've been taken over by something else entirely. I don't actually have to be in love even, sometimes the demon creeps up on me and forces my mind on someone without romantic feelings really being there. If that makes any sense :oops:

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 1:50 pm

LipstickKiller wrote:
I actually think I know how you feel, although I've never exactly been there. I know that feeling of suspension though, that you get when you think "what if...", and the tension you get in your body and brain from involuntarily thinking about someone, and catching yourself smiling for no good reason....

Whenever I've fallen in love it's like I've been taken over by something else entirely. I don't actually have to be in love even, sometimes the demon creeps up on me and forces my mind on someone without romantic feelings really being there. If that makes any sense :oops:

it does :]
everything thats "in love" is there, and i dont like it. i like her, but i'd rather be ambivalent or something, cus it just cant work out. ive allready had a happy female friend tell me to think positive, but come on......
1. distance
2. im a useless aspie, who WANTS to go any marry an aspie? "oh yes my dream husband has no friends, sits inside all day, and makes no paychecks! i love to pay his bills!"

but i do that too, obviously, since i like her, my mind makes scenarios...
its come to the point where i feel that little pressure-in-the-chest. i REALLY hope it doesnt get further, but it probably will...
haha
i hate love :D
we should all be manson fans in here :oops:

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 7:39 am

At least you're obviously well aware that whatever feelings you have, that an online relationship isn't realistic, and also you're well aware of the reasons why. This whole thing will pass away if not right now, then in time.

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 6:07 pm

Quote:
im not so much looking for advice here since i most likely wont follow any advice given anyway (tell her you love her. no. stop talking to her. no. see? anything in between? allready doing it ) just venting...

You in a rush? Good, the answer seems no.

You've known her for a while and vice versa. Whole slew of analogies about food and wine but basically you're doing the right thing and on a different level - know it.

Post how it goes, and if you get to a crossroads, then the background information you've posted will help.

But the best part of life is figuring it out for yourself. If there was one strategy on how to get through it - well, it'll be pretty boring.

Remember, the journey of life -- no one person gets through it alive.