The TRUE definition of Alpha Males

Page 6 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,343
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

07 Mar 2014, 5:26 pm

The true definition of "alpha male" does not apply to humans. We are not pack animals.

By the way, this thread is 5 years old.



Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 161

08 Mar 2014, 12:24 am

leafplant wrote:
Erwin wrote:
NinsMom wrote:
MountZion wrote:
Stinkypuppy wrote:
DylanMcKay wrote:
BUT sadly, I think this group is a minority of alphas. Many alphas feel a sense of entitlement and are conditioned to believe that they can have whatever they want (And I'm talking the hardcore genetically predisposed alpha, not a well meaning Beta with a kind heart who over many years works to achieve some semblance of alphadom). They like being king of the hill and enjoy the ribbing of those that they perceive to be different or beneath them.

But this kind of reaction is common among people with self-esteem and confidence issues, and is not limited to alphas or betas or even guys.

I think that alpha males are born with a natural predisposition to have or acquire a certain kind of power that can be used for people's benefit, or detriment. It's the alpha male's upbringing and experience (or lack thereof) that will determine which outcome will prevail. The "goodness" of the alpha male is far from guaranteed. :?


Wonderfully put. Not every alpha male will be a saint, no man is. But, there are probably more good Alphas than bad, I would say. I think many of us are in the Gamma stage.


Thanks 'Puppy! There's many an Alpha with a lot of leadership ability & charisma that still can't resist the chance to Boot a Beta when they get the chance. Are they still truly an Alpha? In the eyes of those who mindlessly follow them, I'm sure they are! :?

If that's how you see it, you've probably never seen an alpha. An alpha is rare and only for the same gender. They're the most capable people in my experienxe but they are followed subconsciously. They don't actually have to do anything. Not every group has an alpha although it may seem they do. Let's not make stereotypes that we're such bad people. I swear never to harn innocents. Not that anyone actually would want to. People only do that kind of thing to feel accepted, not alphas. It's because of these stupid alpha male stereotypes that makes males act like this. Following an alpha can't be helped. If you don't care much about the guy, he's not an alpha. Alphas are hard to recognize but they're the people that every single person of the same gender is interested in and if close enough to a stranger, the stranger will interact but only if from the same gender. Adult males tend to less so that sucks.


I cannot help but think that if an Alpha thing actually existed it would be the kind of thing nobody ever argues over because it's self evident, like, you know, sun rises every morning - would anyone like to dispute that?

It's kind of step 1 in a utopia. Understanding people.



Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 161

08 Mar 2014, 12:29 am

Jono wrote:
The true definition of "alpha male" does not apply to humans. We are not pack animals.

By the way, this thread is 5 years old.

Why do we feel stressed without friends? Why do I feel better with 3 other males than 1? How would humans survive in nature? Why does it bother people that "Noone loves me."?



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

08 Mar 2014, 1:40 am

Erwin wrote:
Jono wrote:
The true definition of "alpha male" does not apply to humans. We are not pack animals.

By the way, this thread is 5 years old.

Why do we feel stressed without friends? Why do I feel better with 3 other males than 1? How would humans survive in nature? Why does it bother people that "Noone loves me."?


Maybe you are an extrovert. However, we are social animals, so those things account for that. Also, I think some of us are pack animals maybe because traditional family units operate on much the same principles. And we are herd animals too - just go to a sports match to see evidence of that. And we are solitary animals too, because some of us like to hide most of the time and only come out once a year to mate lol



FunkMasterMike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 143
Location: Lancaster, CA

08 Mar 2014, 3:49 am

Jono wrote:
The true definition of "alpha male" does not apply to humans. We are not pack animals.

By the way, this thread is 5 years old.


Exactly what I was thinking.
5 years and still appears to be new. :P



Jono
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,343
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

08 Mar 2014, 4:10 am

leafplant wrote:
Erwin wrote:
Jono wrote:
The true definition of "alpha male" does not apply to humans. We are not pack animals.

By the way, this thread is 5 years old.

Why do we feel stressed without friends? Why do I feel better with 3 other males than 1? How would humans survive in nature? Why does it bother people that "Noone loves me."?


Maybe you are an extrovert. However, we are social animals, so those things account for that. Also, I think some of us are pack animals maybe because traditional family units operate on much the same principles. And we are herd animals too - just go to a sports match to see evidence of that. And we are solitary animals too, because some of us like to hide most of the time and only come out once a year to mate lol


We are social animals yes but we have a totally different social structure from wolves and dogs. There are no alpha's that lead the pack nor are the leaders the only one who have a right to mate.



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

08 Mar 2014, 7:14 am

Jono wrote:
leafplant wrote:
Erwin wrote:
Jono wrote:
The true definition of "alpha male" does not apply to humans. We are not pack animals.

By the way, this thread is 5 years old.

Why do we feel stressed without friends? Why do I feel better with 3 other males than 1? How would humans survive in nature? Why does it bother people that "Noone loves me."?


Maybe you are an extrovert. However, we are social animals, so those things account for that. Also, I think some of us are pack animals maybe because traditional family units operate on much the same principles. And we are herd animals too - just go to a sports match to see evidence of that. And we are solitary animals too, because some of us like to hide most of the time and only come out once a year to mate lol


We are social animals yes but we have a totally different social structure from wolves and dogs. There are no alpha's that lead the pack nor are the leaders the only one who have a right to mate.


I agree. Besides, new research has shown that wolves don't really have alphas either. Our model comes from the chimps however, and in simian societies it does seem like there is an alpha situation going on, especially gorillas. However the thing with the Alpha status is that it is always up for grabs to whoever can out-do the current alpha and that IS reflected in the way human males appear to relate to eachother and the world - constant unrelenting competition in every way and form. This may be completely foreign to autistic brain, this constant need to come up on top, beat everyone else into submission, which would explain a lot of other social difficulties the males have.



Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,034
Location: Where the wild things wish they were

08 Mar 2014, 7:45 pm

There is no need for alpha males anymore because survival itself is no longer a constant concern. However, our stress triggers are higher than ever, so the need for some kind of authority or alpha often seems immense. Also, the whole point of "alpha/non-alpha" is mostly to find the best companion to last for an indefinite period of time, ideally in a marriage. Marriage is no longer sacred because survival itself is not a priority anymore. Things change day to day, almost every day. Any modern man who cherishes living with the same person forever is at least partially insane. We don't live in the countryside anymore growing our own food and using the pick ax.

As for sex, again, survival itself is no longer a goal, so we have time to socialize and enjoy life instead of f*****g it all away. Men who take on the challenge of becoming the ultimate sex god are condemning themselves to the filling of a bottomless void. A worthy challenge for a worthy man, indeed.



Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 161

09 Mar 2014, 12:43 am

Mindslave wrote:
There is no need for alpha males anymore because survival itself is no longer a constant concern. However, our stress triggers are higher than ever, so the need for some kind of authority or alpha often seems immense. Also, the whole point of "alpha/non-alpha" is mostly to find the best companion to last for an indefinite period of time, ideally in a marriage. Marriage is no longer sacred because survival itself is not a priority anymore. Things change day to day, almost every day. Any modern man who cherishes living with the same person forever is at least partially insane. We don't live in the countryside anymore growing our own food and using the pick ax.

As for sex, again, survival itself is no longer a goal, so we have time to socialize and enjoy life instead of f***ing it all away. Men who take on the challenge of becoming the ultimate sex god are condemning themselves to the filling of a bottomless void. A worthy challenge for a worthy man, indeed.

Being alpha means being the pack leader not having sex. I see what people become without my help. You kniw those fake alpha males who aren't confident? For some reason, my word means a lot to them but when I dislike them they feel treated unfairly and get mad at me. Easily fixed though. Males need me, I couldn't care less about females.



Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 161

09 Mar 2014, 12:50 am

leafplant wrote:
Erwin wrote:
Jono wrote:
The true definition of "alpha male" does not apply to humans. We are not pack animals.

By the way, this thread is 5 years old.

Why do we feel stressed without friends? Why do I feel better with 3 other males than 1? How would humans survive in nature? Why does it bother people that "Noone loves me."?


Maybe you are an extrovert. However, we are social animals, so those things account for that. Also, I think some of us are pack animals maybe because traditional family units operate on much the same principles. And we are herd animals too - just go to a sports match to see evidence of that. And we are solitary animals too, because some of us like to hide most of the time and only come out once a year to mate lol

Doesn't really explain how I'm treated oh so differently by other males who don't even know me. There is no competition. Alphas get along with other alphas. Sure, I'm the strongest but I wasn't always. Bbut I was the one with the best grades and who thought school was easy. Still think it's easy. I also tend to leave the classroom when I hear injustice outside of it.



Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 161

09 Mar 2014, 12:56 am

Jono wrote:
leafplant wrote:
Erwin wrote:
Jono wrote:
The true definition of "alpha male" does not apply to humans. We are not pack animals.

By the way, this thread is 5 years old.

Why do we feel stressed without friends? Why do I feel better with 3 other males than 1? How would humans survive in nature? Why does it bother people that "Noone loves me."?


Maybe you are an extrovert. However, we are social animals, so those things account for that. Also, I think some of us are pack animals maybe because traditional family units operate on much the same principles. And we are herd animals too - just go to a sports match to see evidence of that. And we are solitary animals too, because some of us like to hide most of the time and only come out once a year to mate lol


We are social animals yes but we have a totally different social structure from wolves and dogs. There are no alpha's that lead the pack nor are the leaders the only one who have a right to mate.

Curious, is tgat based on actual reaearxh you did or a simple google search? It hasn't been researched by anyone other than me and Jessica Klaus.



OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,447
Location: About 50 miles past the middle of nowhere

09 Mar 2014, 3:39 am

I married one


_________________
I'm giving it another shot. We will see.
My forum is still there and everyone is welcome to come join as well. There is a private women only subforum there if anyone is interested. Also, there is no CAPTCHA. ;-)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com


leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

09 Mar 2014, 11:00 am

Erwin wrote:
Jono wrote:
leafplant wrote:
Erwin wrote:
Jono wrote:
The true definition of "alpha male" does not apply to humans. We are not pack animals.

By the way, this thread is 5 years old.

Why do we feel stressed without friends? Why do I feel better with 3 other males than 1? How would humans survive in nature? Why does it bother people that "Noone loves me."?


Maybe you are an extrovert. However, we are social animals, so those things account for that. Also, I think some of us are pack animals maybe because traditional family units operate on much the same principles. And we are herd animals too - just go to a sports match to see evidence of that. And we are solitary animals too, because some of us like to hide most of the time and only come out once a year to mate lol


We are social animals yes but we have a totally different social structure from wolves and dogs. There are no alpha's that lead the pack nor are the leaders the only one who have a right to mate.

Curious, is tgat based on actual reaearxh you did or a simple google search? It hasn't been researched by anyone other than me and Jessica Klaus.


who cares. simply by being human and trying to fit in the world we are better qualified than any researcher to make statements about what people are. The methodology you have to follow is so restrictive that any conclusions you make can only be valuable in the academic setting. Just look at all the U turns we've had in the past ten years because of Scientists say [insert some probably heavily manipulated data outcome here] . Egg are good for you; eggs will kill you and cause cancer; no, it's ok, eggs are actually fine, eat eggs, etc etc

Having said that, I must say, as a foreign, and likely aspergian person in the UK, I found Watching the English an invaluable resource. But for some reason if, in the academic circles, you say that you acted on the advice of an anthropologist, you get laughed at and sent to have your head examined.



Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 161

09 Mar 2014, 8:24 pm

Don't get me wrong, I don't trust crap either. I didn't mean official research but moral research. After all we've done, I can safely say I know the answer to any psychological problem here. And aspergers is as real as schizophrenia. Oh wait, that doesn't exist anymore since The Drill Sergeant lost his power. He could have easily caused such a thing. Seriously, I see the problems people have in this forum, nothing that normal people wouldn't have. Same problems, same causes, same answers.